Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Belichick according to some is always the defacto defensive coordinator and he messes with the offense, too.

A head coach should always weigh in or change tactics if he doesn't like what's happening during a game. I understand delegating, but if you are ultimately accountable for something and you don't like what one of your subordinates is doing, you change it. 

• Like 1

Watching Buffalo and Tennessee play last night was enlightening because those teams beat the hell out of each other and neither team backed down. Tennessee used their battering ram of a RB to stand up to a very good team. The hits both sides were making were intense and it really made me wonder where our intensity to stand up to an opponent is? That intensity and focus has to come from the coaching staff...I'm more and more questioning how good our staff is, especially with the way we are rolling over and losing games that we should be in. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

That intensity and focus has to come from the coaching staff...I'm more and more questioning how good our staff is, especially with the way we are rolling over and losing games that we should be in. 

Typically, the better the player - both physically and mentally, have the tendency to to appear more intense than that of those with lesser talent and/or expertise.  Because it's easier to up the intensity when you have both the mind and body that are capable of putting you in a position to stop the opponent.  We've got some guys at linebacker and even SS with concrete feet, and a rookie LB that is obviously missing the mental side.  So I think it's more on the talent we have vs. their coaching is so much better.  

19 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Anyone seen or heard from the Team President since the massive PR debacle on Sunday? 

He's probably planning to retire Darrel Green's number on Sunday and announce it just before kickoff. Even though we're on the road this week.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 11

Yeah, came here to post this, essentially.  Jason Wright, outside of RT'ing something about Colin Powell's passing yesterday, has vanished.  

Seems not only is he Dan Snyder's puppet, but he's also inherited the cowardice, too.  Offered up a lame-ass apology and hasn't defended it or tried to publicly move on since.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

IMO, the last sliver of hope for Snyder's departure from this team died when the league shut down the disclosure of the 650K emails related to the Gruden scandal.  This team is forever going to be in a rut of mediocrity with no real hope of ever returning to being the reputable franchise it once was.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the other hand....

Then, when the Jon Gruden emails emerged 10 days ago, Gruden got 99 percent (maybe more) of the attention and criticism. Allen again was largely ignored.

The Jeff Pash emails resulted in plenty of criticism for him and, once more, not much focus on Allen.

Maybe it’s because he’s gone from any NFL team. Maybe it’s because he has little or no chance of getting hired again by an NFL team. Regardless, he has not received the kind of scrutiny that he should.

On Sunday, Allen finally found himself in the center of the bull’s-eye. Former Raiders president Amy Trask, whose long tenure with the team overlapped with Allen during eight years in Oakland (1995 to 2003), made it clear that she complained about Allen’s behavior. More than once.

Her remarks on That Other Pregame Show on CBS Sports started with a focus on Gruden, with comments that didn’t contain direct evidence of misconduct but implied plenty about Gruden’s attitude toward the first female CEO in league history.

“I didn’t interact with Jon a lot, but that was by Jon’s choice,” Trask said. “Jon made very clear throughout the organization he did not want to interact with me. Had I heard him say anything of that nature, I would have spoken up. Because silence is complicity.”

To prove that she would have spoken out about Gruden, Trask explained that she spoke out about Allen.

“I did hear comments of that nature from the individual to whom Jon sent those emails,” Trask said, referring to Allen. “And I did speak up. I spoke up repeatedly, I spoke up forcefully. I talked to the owner about it. Because to be silent would have been to be complicit.”

It’s unclear when she complained, what she said, and whether any complaints were made to the league office. It’s also unclear whether the complaints resulted in investigations, findings, and/or discipline of Allen. He stayed with the Raiders for two years beyond Gruden’s departure for the Buccaneers. In 2004, Allen joined Gruden in Tampa Bay, holding the position of General Manager until he and Gruden were fired after the 2008 season.

Allen landed in Washington in 2010 as the General Manager, failing upward to the position of CEO. He spent a decade there, apparently doing plenty of damage to the franchise along the way, both of a football and non-football nature.

Fortunately for Washington, the other 31 teams, and the league, he’s gone and most likely not coming back. Fortunately for Allen, he has not been publicly criticized the way he should be.

Maybe he still will be.

53 minutes ago, dyst said:

Even if we win with Snyder in charge, it’ll be a disgusting feeling. Wish we could win with a different person owning the team.

I've thought about this, and I would still love to win.  That's really all I care about save for some individual players and coaches.  Everything, everyone, is replaceable.  Hell, even the name is.

I just want to see this team win.  I don't care who is where, I just want to win.  I won't let that little **** in the owner's box take a drop of that joy away from me should it ever come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Investigation of Washington Football Team didn’t include text messages

Getty Images

While investigating the Washington Football Team’s workplace issues, attorney Beth Wilkinson stumbled over enough to get her to gather more than 650,000 emails that, per the league, were sent by or to former team president Bruce Allen and that fell beyond the scope of the investigation.

For some reason (still not disclosed by the league), Wilkinson did not examine emails sent by or to other current or former team employees. For some reason (still not disclosed by the league), the investigation did not extend to text messages. The NFL informed PFT on Tuesday, in response to an email inquiry from PFT, that the investigation did not include text messages.

You know, text messages. The format where people tend to be WAY more relaxed and revealing than they are when typing emails. The format that the NFL aggressively harvested when trying to jam the square peg of prevailing atmospheric conditions into the round hole of evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs used by the Patriots in the 2014 AFC Championship.

The more we learn, the less sense any of this makes. How did Bruce Allen send or receive, on average, 178 emails per day every day for a decade? How did the emails sent to Allen by Jon Gruden and Jeff Pash leak? Why won’t the NFL, which has hidden information about the WFT investigation by citing confidentiality concerns as to employees who came forward, release 650,000 emails that by the league’s admission fall beyond the scope of the investigation?

They’re hiding something. They’re hiding a lot. They’re hoping that the passage of time and the playing of more games will cause the issue to die down.

It most definitely should not. But we can only do so much. Others with investigative resources need to be chasing answers to the unanswered questions. Others with standing to sue need to be exploring all legal options for compelling the materials to be produced. Others with license to hold hearings on the inner workings of a sports league that relies heavily on the attention, funding, and confidence of the public need to demand transparency.

I’ve been encourage by multiple people with multiple teams and, frankly, within the league office to keep pushing this issue. To not let the story go away. To continue to press for the truth to come out.

There’s plenty of truth that is currently being hidden behind the curtain. They want us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. That’s all the more reason to be zealous and vigilant about peeling it back and getting a look at what’s really going on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Nobody said he wasn’t. I think he will put you guys back on the map for contenders. You just have to get some pieces to the puzzle and you will be there.

I’m getting a little tired of your shenanigans. You say the WFT is a bunch of **** for brains loser ***holes right now!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if it's some legal loophole, like they can get hold of emails but not text messages. The team as a company has a legal obligation to store emails and make them available under certain circumstances. I'm not sure if the same requirement holds with regards to text messages, although if the phones were company property you'd assume they'd be covered by something in law.

With that said, I'm sure the NFL if it wanted to could broaden the scope of the investigation, but it's obvious they have zero interest in doing so and we all know why.

• Like 2

Jason Wright talked a good game, affable and used a lot of buzzwords but he’s proving to be just as much of a gasbag as anyone in the organization.  My 12 yr old daughter could have planned a better tribute to Sean.

• Like 2

I’m all for ST21 getting his jersey retired, too. But he skipped the line a little bit. 

28, 81, 9, 44 for sure. 

If they retired 21 right after his death there’s little to no complaints from anyone. But because the team used Sean as a weapon and a shield alumni is frustrated by it. 

The PR group has finally decided “silence is best. They will forget”. But they’ve screwed this up too badly. 

The disrespect to nearly everyone is a lot to handle.

• Like 3