Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The continued employment of Allen was odd.  The "he must have something on Snyder" jokes were prophetic.

Different context and motives 😀  but if Bruce ironically brings Dan down then it feels very Return of the Jedi to me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If you are working for an outlet, you shouldn't "tease" your story without permission either. Generally, reporters do get pretty wide latitude to tease these days as it's become part of the game and part of the job. Tweets drive clicks as we all know.

As for unprofessionalism, that too, is a thing in the modern media. The standards we once held too have become lax because of the shrinking of newsrooms and the hustle for attention. Too much reporting these days is not reporting but analysis disguised as reporting. Remember, a lot of the rumors seems to be coming from sports talk radio accounts and ESPN style accounts. When wearing those hats, those guys are much closer to muck rakers and **** stirrers than journalists.

Yep, either “report” what you got or, if you’re not sure what’s up, wait for the professionals. The teasing just... well, we see the result. Either tweet what you got, stay quiet, or turn in your press pass. 

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Meh, I think Rivera is exactly the sort of solid dude that could link up with a new owner, get them to buy in, and be seen as a good steward at least for a few years of stability. Then it's fair game like you said. 

Im interested to see what kind of power Rivera ultimately will hold. He is, quite literally, the man in charge at HQ at the moment. 

This goes so much deeper, too. Was LaFemina getting close to seeing this stuff and that’s why he was axed? Was Allen in the know (and not involved) and that’s why he was kept on board? Was the minority ownership selling due to this whole thing? Was part of the reason guys didn’t want to wind up in DC due to all of this stuff?

There are so many questions that will be answered over the next few months...

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

He seems bitter about “what’s done in the dark comes to the light.”  He could have left it at no comment or said nothing.  Seems like a parting shot.

Who gives a ****. People who have been here have the right to be bitter, even aside from all this new report stuff lol. Your fanhood's automated defensive system is kicking in despite participating in a thread completely about all the terrible stuff this organization has been about. There's no need to act like ex-players should shut up just bc they got paid here. It sucked here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We can all sit here and say he's toast, but again that's what we're all hoping for.  We're all hoping for whatever this is, that it's enough to force Dan out.  But the NFL has shot itself in the foot over conduct issues in the past, there's no telling if they'll get this right or not.

I think it will be almost impossible to rename and remarket this team with Dan at the helm. From an investors perspective, I don’t see people touching us at this stage. 

Call the team the most politically correct name in the world, is that enough now. 

The name has gone. I honestly think this could be enough to bring the house down. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yes I said that in the name thread. I see us being ‘Washington’ from now for a few months until Dan is out. No way he’s picking a name.

But he’ll want to as an attempt to put his stamp the team’s future. 

Which means if he’s really out (would be nice to have ANY idea what this is about) whatever name gets picked now will quickly be replaced. 

I just have a sinking feeling this is going to be about something tedious like how staff was treated or how certain execs did a few things. 

something that lets snyder simply replace a few people and move on

the problem with something like this is the hype sets an impossible bar most times. So what’s more likely? WaPo releases something that actually forces snyder out or a bunch of non-WaPo people (some with a known history of being overly dramatic about things or being overly sensitive about social issues (I’m strictly thinking about some people’s use of the word sickening and such)) over-hyped a story?

if I were to bet the later seems like the safer bet :(

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rooney rule violations have been rumored.

Doesn’t that involve draft picks as punishment? It has already been said there are no draft picks involved. Which hire would it be? Not Rivera, whose mere interview supposedly checked that box.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Doc Walker should be an interesting listen today considering he's on the broadcast team with Larry Michael.

I get the feeling that the amount of people that work for the team that will magically be deaf, dumb, and blind on everything and everyone involved will be staggering. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tell Rick nobody’s asking for that. We’re asking for someone on the fringes to report ANYTHING about the rumors. You know, like they all do when the news isn’t important. 

Is it really toxic culture and sex? Fraud? Bribes? Ponzi scheme? 

If everyone thinks they’re in the know, tell us. That’s YOUR scoop. 

That nobody says what the story’s about tells me they don’t really know what the story’s about. So get back in your bubble and stay quiet until you have actual news, not just more rumor and word vomit, Rick. 

Edited by worstSeat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who gives a ****. People who have been here have the right to be bitter, even aside from all this new report stuff lol. Your fanhood's automated defensive system is kicking in despite participating in a thread completely about all the terrible stuff this organization has been about. There's no need to act like ex-players should shut up just bc they got paid here. It sucked here.

I've been banging this drum for years.  Not because I know intimate details about what goes on in Ashburn, but because the place has been billowing smoke for 2 decades and that became fire over the last 10.  They've bungled nearly everything they can possibly bungle, which is a tell-tale sign of the dysfunction going on behind the scenes.  Whether a player played well or not really has nothing to do with anything.  In fact, if I'm a player looking in the mirror - I not only see me, but all the BS going on behind me.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****in jsteelz is involved in this? Always thought something was a little off there

Man wtffffffffff

I thought this was fairly public knowledge?  It broke back in 2013, but the "official" story broke in 2014 and didn't name him.  Also HTTR24_7 guy was another one.  RG3 was sending weiner pictures to him (allegedly, but...there were leaks of RG3 taking shirtless pictures and sending them to other females on his wedding night...so it's believable).  Now we know why he hated Kirk with a passion.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hey man...I get where you're coming from right..that was me wasnt it?...well I no longer have a defense mechanism.

Makes me wonder why wouldn't players on the team say something if they knew **** was going on?..

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Snider is being a bit dramatic here. The media flies off the handle with unsubstantiated stories and rumor on a daily basis and covers it with “anonymous sources” or doesn’t even bother covering themselves. Sometimes they get busted with huge payouts, but money fixes it all. Bezos has lawyers... good ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1