Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I often find plunging into the dark side of politics, to reflecting on the sad state of world affairs, or even pondering the inevitable and imminent extinction of the human race by our own hands, to be a refreshing escape from Redskins football 

Apropos of nothing:

Been wanting to say this for a long time—

If there was an award for the most unique name on this forum you would get my vote.

Every time I read one of your posts I chuckle because an image immediately pops in my mind of a terrified five year old girl,  hiding behind her mother, grabbing her dress and pointing a trembling hand while uttering, “Momma there goes that man!”. lol

Maybe that interpretation works like a Rorschach test and reveals more about me than you but anything that vividly spurs the imagination is always welcome.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Im going with widespread culture of toxic maculinity, sexual harassment and probably some other grimey abuse of women. 

That wouldn't be enough to force Snyder out unless he was a participant, ala Jerry Richardson.

If it's a #metoo thing, I suspect it's very much worse than garden variety sexual harassment.

Edited by profusion

Im going with widespread culture of toxic maculinity, sexual harassment and probably some other grimey abuse of women. 

I’ll see your sexual harassment and raise your “toxic maculinity” to “Immaculate toxicity” and put an additional 5,000 token side bet on some kind of Illuminati conection.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

That wouldn't be enough to force Snyder out unless he was a participant, ala Jerry Richardson.

If it's a #metoo thing, I suspect it's very much worse than garden variety sexual harassment.

It certainly could if there was a long record of it being reported without necessary actions being taken to improve the environment in the building. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

Snyder won’t be forced out unless he is personally involved in some particularly bad conduct. Garden variety misconduct wont cut it. See Kraft, Robert. 

Depends on the scope and how much proof there is about what he knew and did or didn’t do in terms of reaction. If there was a one time party with debauchery that he swept under rug it might be something that would be handled with suspension/penalties. If this is something where there is proof of a culture of these sorts of things that went on without action, then it could very well be his end. 

Remember, even if the NFL doesn’t feel they can actually force a sale then it’s possible public pressure could push him over the edge. 

LIttle big man is very, very good at marketing - he made his millions as a young man by subscribing to the old adage - "there's no such thing as bad publicity."  Here we are sports fans coast to coast talking about Washington's NFL team.  Sad.  But this is now and Danny boy, times have changed - and your time is up! Move on, lad!

Edited by celticsalmon
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It certainly could if there was a long record of it being reported without necessary actions being taken to improve the environment in the building. 

The other owners aren't going to open up that Pandora's Box. 

14 minutes ago, profusion said:

The other owners aren't going to open up that Pandora's Box. 

Public opinion carries a lot of weight, look when they did what had to be done with Jerry Richardson and Bob McNair. That's very recent history. 

55 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Every time I read one of your posts I chuckle because an image immediately pops in my mind of a terrified five year old girl,  hiding behind her mother, grabbing her dress and pointing a trembling hand while uttering, “Momma there goes that man!”. lol

thanks I picked it when I excitedly decided to stop reading and start posting on this forum after we traded to get RG3. I imagined it would be a fitting name to honor him and, well, we see how that went...

38 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Snyder won’t be forced out unless he is personally involved in some particularly bad conduct. Garden variety misconduct wont cut it. See Kraft, Robert. 

people, and I mean fans, other NFL owners and people within the NFL, actually like Robert Kraft though. 

I’m not sure anyone likes Dan 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

I'm sceptical (I'm always). If Bezos found dirt on Dan and put his own paper to work to be able to buy the team. You then need to qeustion his intentions. At least Dan is a 'Skins fan. For Bezos its just money rolling. 

Well having a fan foran owner hasn't worked. Far from it.

Let's go ahead and give the billionaire a shot.

Saw this at the link below. Take it as you like: https://removeddit.com/r/Redskins/comments/hrv9ip/for_those_who_arent_on_skins_discord_heres_what_i/

WaPo article is coming tomorrow. Friday at the latest.

Rats are fleeing the ship and attempting to distance themselves while they can. Larry is the prime example. Others could be following suit.

This goes far higher than anyone can think. Larry Hess and Eric Schaeffer are involved as well. Jay Gruden is as well.

Sex assaults. Drug and alcohol abuse. Other owners are furious and this could lead to Snyders removal. In no way Dan couldn't have knowledge of at least some of it.

Minority owners are furious and fed up with Dan. Saw an opportunity to strike.

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Public opinion carries a lot of weight, look when they did what had to be done with Jerry Richardson and Bob McNair. That's very recent history. 

If there's personal involvement, that's the case.

The "institutional control" stuff isn't going to fly if it was just flunkies involved. The other owners aren't going to open themselves up to that standard.

If he's not personally implicated, Dan claims shock and sadness, promises change, empanels a reform board, and throws some money to some activists. The memory hole swallows it in a few weeks or as soon as the next target is acquired.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

thanks I picked it when I excitedly decided to stop reading and start posting on this forum after we traded to get RG3. I imagined it would be a fitting name to honor him and, well, we see how that went...

people, and I mean fans, other NFL owners and people within the NFL, actually like Robert Kraft though. 

I’m not sure anyone likes Dan 

I know I sure as hell don't like that useless little ****. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch.

This may not be how everyone envisioned it, but if this leads to Snyder selling his share of the team, than so be it.  Any shame & embarrassment that could come from this supposed story dropping tomorrow will go away  as soon as the franchise rids themselves of any and all involved and get a truly fresh start.  Also, what better time to get that point across than to coincide with the name change.

I am numb to the trash we have had to put up with by the front office, management, & ownership over the last 20+ years.  It is never ending, and while some of it at times seemed like overkill and piling on, that will be nothing compared to what could possibly be coming in a few hours.

I am honestly more upset about Harmon's injury and how it will effect the actual team, than any management/front office/ownership folks being shown the door if it is justified. 

• Like 1