Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Sell to Joe Gibbs Racing and let him run the show from the tower.  His best skills these days are choosing and then managing the right people for success.   I would be chuffed to all get it out if that was the end result of whatever is happening right now.

I'm sure the dumpster fire meme/gifs will be prevalent tomorrow  

JG doesn't have that kind of scratch lol

On the eve of a potentially franchise-shaking investigative piece releasing, we the fans are working ourselves up into a lather in excitement and glee that it might be SO damn bad that things actually go well for us after. We are truly ****ed in the head and ruined by our fandom for this team lol, myself included. 

And you know what? It's in a twisted way the closest we've all felt as fans in this community in years, unless I'm alone in that. Sports fandom is so weird. The bond we all share as strangers who have suffered a shared (but self-inflicted every season and by choice!) trauma together is a truly unique and bizarre lovechild of sports and the internet. Cheers, everyone. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

It must be nice to be a reporter covering the Skins.  The articles practically write themselves. Half of them have probably already started a draft stating that Snyder only announced the name change to distract from _____. They just need to fill in the details. And nobody will be able to prove them right or wrong.  Sweet gig.

21 minutes ago, dyst said:

This year has seen pretty much everyone gone that I wanted gone. One big fish left. I don’t wish bad news but I mean, if its there, then so be it.

Reminds me of this bit on the Andy Griffith Show lol...Barney's pissed off because there's no crime in Mayberry:

Barney: If only there was a crime, just one crime!...If only someone would just kill somebody...
Andy: Barney!!
Barney: Well, it wouldn't have to be anyone we know...I mean, If two strangers was to come to town...and if one of them was gonna kill the other one anyway...they might as well do it here.

• Haha 4

Based on the circling of the media buzzards on Twitter who are being so vague, here's my read:

Whatever's coming tomorrow is strongly defamatory towards at least one person with access to significant legal resources. I'll speculate that it's Snyder, since flunkies would just get fired (if they haven't been already) and wouldn't get the benefit of the team's legal counsel.

When a media outlet gets hold of something even mildly defamatory, the legal department will vet it thoroughly and require double- and triple-checking. You'd be shocked at the kind of benign-looking reports have resulted in libel verdicts against media outlets. When it's a big fish getting caught, you can bet the Post has deployed all its legal guns and has already been in contact with the affected party (or their lawyers) for reaction and rebuttal.

The reason the guys from the other media outlets have been vague-tweeting it is that they know what the story is but can't get specific since they and their own employers don't want to risk getting sued, either. It hasn't nothing to do with professional courtesy. These guys would kick their own mothers to get a story out first.

It could be that other media outlets are trying to sufficiently source the story to beat the Post to the scoop, but it's unlikely to happen at this late hour--particularly if the story requires an extensive write-up to avoid a lawsuit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

On the eve of a potentially franchise-shaking investigative piece releasing, we the fans are working ourselves up into a lather in excitement and glee that it might be SO damn bad that things actually go well for us after. We are truly ****ed in the head and ruined by our fandom for this team lol, myself included. 

Its true what you said and sad that we have come to this.

• Like 1

A new owner might be the only thing left to reinvigorate this franchise. Some people were saying the new branding would bring in new fans. I don’t buy it though. Winning is what matters and Snyder has proven he can’t build a winning organization. My fandom has been on the wane for a few years now. Too many roller coaster rides and winning the off season. I’m not sure I want to keep investing time into Snyder’s team regardless of the name. A new owner though, that’s a different story. 

• Thanks 1

When the bombshell comes out it’s gotta be earthshaking, Snyder has been like a ****roach the last 20 years. I’m not surprised that Jay Gruden was involved if true, I always thought Jay was a scumbag. I’m just surprised it took this long for Bruce to leak, considering that he was the source of so many leaks in Ashburn

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's interesting watching the evolution of the "bombshell" rhetoric on this thread and on twitter lol...it has now reached the "Snyder was close with Epstein! It's bigger than you know!" level over there.

"I just want to sleep with someone shorter than me. I don't care what it takes"- Dan Snyder. Yikes

33 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I wonder if we're all supposed to be horrified and disgusted by stuff we kinda haven't cared much about. Like we didn't really pay anything more than lipservice to the cheerleading scandal.  We cared more about the team name than the cheerleaders being pimped out. There probably will be a lot of disingenuous outrage. Like we ever really care about the behavior of the office personnel. 

That's sad, but true. Maybe we have to stop having cheerleaders after tomorrow, but the Steelers still have them, so...

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Dan gets forced to sell; then we have to hold on deciding a new name.   The new owner will want to pick the new name.  

If that's not a huge incentive for one of the worlds richest people to do anything and buy in.

Wasn't it Amazon threatening Dan financially a big reason for the name change?

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And you know what? It's in a twisted way the closest we've all felt as fans in this community in years, unless I'm alone in that. Sports fandom is so weird. The bond we all share as strangers who have suffered a shared (but self-inflicted every season and by choice!) trauma together is a truly unique and bizarre lovechild of sports and the internet. Cheers, everyone. 

Jesus H Christ that is such a ****ed up post. And crushes the nail in the head.

I think you and I align pretty closely philosophically in a lot of ways. I love the X&Os of this game. I love the battle. Seeing guys give 110% of themselves to it. We love our gladiators. In that vein, being a fan of the NFL is as bad mentally for me as being a smoker. I could go into everything from kids getting pushed through schooling without being able to read to it being a charity and recruiting tool for the military and all the awful things that get forgiven in between. Yet here I am. I love this game, the league, and this awful team that's been as bad as almost any of my other character flaws throughout my life.

HTT?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Agreed.  And while it has been tough being a fan of this franchise for the past several years, there are other fans out there who can relate.  Tomorrow may be yet another dark day in the team's history but only fans who lived through it will be able to relate when we are losing our voices screaming at every questionable call during our next Super Bowl appearance as the Washington (Whateverthenamewillbe) and on the verge of tears during our next Super Bowl win. 

• Like 1

It blows me away that so few can connect the dots here and see this for what it is: a strong armed coup by the richest man in the world. And somehow that man, possibly the worst abuser of corporate greed in the world - convinced you all the he would somehow make a great owner here...

Facts: 

a. Amazon pulls all redskins merch, helping force the name change 

B. bezos owns Washington post, which has led a campaign against the franchise for years. They tried a polling route before, which turned out in the skins favor. So another method was sought. Now they load up a hit piece at the most opportune time. 

c. minority owners try to convince dan to sell to them, before this news drops 

it’s clear to me, bezos has already lined the minority owners pockets, has backing from other corporate sponsors, and gave dan an ultimatum of : sell to me, or I’ll destroy your rep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

It blows me away that so few can connect the dots here and see this for what it is: a strong armed coup by the richest man in the world. And somehow that man, possibly the worst abuser of corporate greed in the world - convinced you all the he would somehow make a great owner here...

Facts: 

B. bezos owns Washington post, which has led a campaign against the franchise for years. They tried a polling route before, which turned out in the skins favor. So another method was sought. Now they load up a hit piece at the most opportune time. 

it’s clear to me, bezos has already lined the minority owners pockets, has backing from other corporate sponsors, and gave dan an ultimatum of : sell to me, or I’ll destroy your rep. 

And... I'm fine with it.

That's how bad of an owner Snyder has been.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Facts: 

Sounds like a guy who knows how to get things done, and how to win in even the most difficult circumstances.

Wouldnt be a good fit here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

"Sad and disappointing" can only mean Doug Williams, in this context.

it definitely sounds like its tied to people that are still respected. Lets hope not but just liking a person doesnt mean they are great humans.