Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He's not just going to go by himself. Is that grounds for the other owners to vote him out?

There's always a way, the NBA forced Donald Sterling out. If this involves anything sexual (hopefully not) he's donezo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Same guy on reddit says Bruce Allen was involved. It's impossible for Dan to not have been involved or have knowledge about what we're about to find out. 

If Bruce was involved in this coming out and it's as bad as they say, and at least part of this is Snyder knowing and not doing anything, I don't see how Bruce isn't a co-conspirator.  He would have enabled and covered it all up too. 

Edited by justice98

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Nor am I. What can we really say about someone that we only know from the image we view on tv? There are too many degrees of seoeration between us for me to be surprised by anything they do. 

<partyjay>

Thx we needed that picture. 

58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, if Dan gets run out ownership now, the week after we drop the Redskins name, does that mean that Dan was in fact the curse?

Good point, it would make me a believer in the curse, talk about ridding ourselves of the curse fast -- just days after they officially say they are dropping the name.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best case: The information/allegations is hard or impossible to refute and it leads to immediate action from the league or Snyder himself announcing he will sell. Even if a deal isn’t completed soon, we will know it’s coming and rest easy knowing it’s over. 

Worst case: The report is bad, but maybe not AS bad as rumored and Snyder isn’t implicated directly. There is a lot of grey area and the result is a lengthy investigation where Snyder digs in his heels. Result is more along lines of suspension, fine, penalties, etc. and not removal. 

As always, the reality I bet falls somewhere in between. Maybe something where it looks like it’s very possible Snyder will be gone but that it’s not a done deal. We likely have to sweat out weeks and months of allegations and retorts. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If Bruce was involved in this coming out and it's as bad as they say, and at least part of this is Snyder knowing and not doing anything, I don't see how Bruce isn't a co-conspirator.  He would have known too. 

But Kyle would also know. Doug would know. Like every executive or coach probally knew something. So more heads could be rolling. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why would that get you flagged? Is it the same video that shows him sitting outside a bar with some woman, and him smoking a cigarette/joint/blunt?

Don't know man. These threads run a fine line. Don't want to cross it and miss the next days of mayhem. 

Just now, wilco_holland said:

But Kyle would also know. Doug would know. Like every executive or coach probally knew something. So more heads could be rolling. 

Yeah, I was just thinking that too.  That might be why some folks were labeling it "disappointing".  Because otherwise good and respected people were complicit by their silence or inaction.  We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Feeling we're all going to be let down...

So do I.   As much as I would love to turn the page on Snyder as an owner I fear we are facing a shameful and embarrassing scandal that will make national news and we will still be stuck with Dan for the foreseeable future.  I hope I'm wrong.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Long Time Fan said:

So do I.   As much as I would love to turn the page on Snyder as an owner I fear we are facing a shameful and embarrassing scandal that will make national news and we will still be stuck with Dan for the foreseeable future.  I hope I'm wrong.   

Kind of the way I feel as well. Somehow I'd be surprised if whatever this is leads to Dan selling in the short term.

36 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Dude can just about buy the entire NFL if he wanted. It's ridiculous.

I can just imagine him walking into the owners meetings full of 32 people who all think they're a big deal.  And then this dude walks in, walks right up to Jerry Jones, looks him up and down, chuckles and turns and walks away.  lol

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If Bruce was involved in this coming out and it's as bad as they say, and at least part of this is Snyder knowing and not doing anything, I don't see how Bruce isn't a co-conspirator.  He would have enabled and covered it all up too. 

What if Bruce has turned states evidence (always wanted to use that phrase) and is singing like a canary to the coppers!?!?

image.jpeg.3e922f3c00325d3a079ebd4a293be3ec.jpeg

Cop: Talk or do we need to start hitting you with the yellow pages again?

Bruce: Can't take no more. You got me copper. It was that weasel Snyder. He put us all up to it. All the wicked evil things that run through his mind. I’ll tell you everything that went down. Names, dates, payoffs, bribes you name it. I got photos, taped conversations, videos of their perversions and its all documented and hidden away where only I can get to it.

Cops:  Let’s go get it.

Bruce: First I want complete immunity and a new identity in the witness protection program. 

Cops. Done deal from now on you work in the circus cleaning up behind the elephants and you go by the name JoJo the clown. Let’s move!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

I don't get why people want a different owner. Most nfl owners make a mess or it. I at least want to see what Ron and Haskins can do. New owner = starting all over again. 

But yeah this hole week is a mess. 

Because Snyder gave us 20 years of Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen followed by whatever scandal is about to drop tomorrow.   Are you really surprised that a number of fans want to roll the dice on new ownership?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Feeling we're all going to be let down...

I wonder if we're all supposed to be horrified and disgusted by stuff we kinda haven't cared much about. Like we didn't really pay anything more than lipservice to the cheerleading scandal.  We cared more about the team name than the cheerleaders being pimped out. There probably will be a lot of disingenuous outrage. Like we ever really care about the behavior of the office personnel. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

I don't get why people want a different owner. Most nfl owners make a mess or it. I at least want to see what Ron and Haskins can do. New owner = starting all over again. 

But yeah this hole week is a mess. 

I'm all for a new owner....but preferably it's a local.

Sell to Joe Gibbs Racing and let him run the show from the tower.  His best skills these days are choosing and then managing the right people for success.   I would be chuffed to all get it out if that was the end result of whatever is happening right now.

I'm sure the dumpster fire meme/gifs will be prevalent tomorrow  

• Like 1

What if..... Hear me out....What if.... Jeff Bezos already tried to buy the team?  Dan Snyder rebuffed him, and though Bezos has been trying for years, Snyder refuses to budge, despite running the franchise into the ground.  Bezos then puts his money to work, and puts a word in the area of his newspaper to dig into all of the possible sources, and put out a massive hit piece that will get the NFL to force a sale...which Bezos will win and pay less than full price due to the damaged reputation.

Snyder got wind of it a couple of months ago, and knowing there was enough dirt, desperately tried to stave it off by looking into getting in the NFLs good graces by starting a name change.  When he got wind the article was coming this week, he pushed up his timeline for the name change, which is why it was announced so suddenly, and why he was rushing to get it out by Monday.

What if...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

What if..... Hear me out....What if.... Jeff Bezos already tried to buy the team?  Dan Snyder rebuffed him, and though Bezos has been trying for years, Snyder refuses to budge, despite running the franchise into the ground.  Bezos then puts his money to work, and puts a word in the area of his newspaper to dig into all of the possible sources, and put out a massive hit piece that will get the NFL to force a sale...which Bezos will win and pay less than full price due to the damaged reputation.

Snyder got wind of it a couple of months ago, and knowing there was enough dirt, desperately tried to stave it off by looking into getting in the NFLs good graces by starting a name change.  When he got wind the article was coming this week, he pushed up his timeline for the name change, which is why it was announced so suddenly, and why he was rushing to get it out by Monday.

What if...

Makes as much sense as anything, makes you wonder that's for sure.