Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

It blows me away that so few can connect the dots here and see this for what it is: a strong armed coup by the richest man in the world. And somehow that man, possibly the worst abuser of corporate greed in the world - convinced you all the he would somehow make a great owner here...

Facts: 

a. Amazon pulls all redskins merch, helping force the name change 

B. bezos owns Washington post, which has led a campaign against the franchise for years. They tried a polling route before, which turned out in the skins favor. So another method was sought. Now they load up a hit piece at the most opportune time. 

c. minority owners try to convince dan to sell to them, before this news drops 

it’s clear to me, bezos has already lined the minority owners pockets, has backing from other corporate sponsors, and gave dan an ultimatum of : sell to me, or I’ll destroy your rep. 

I don’t know any of these guys (owners). I have no clue if Bezos is more greedy than Jerry Jones or if he’s a better or worse person than Arthur Blank or Robert Kraft or anyone else. I would imagine to amass that level of wealth for any of these dudes that you are likely going to make some enemies along the way and possibly make some decisions that teeter or cross moral lines. But everything is relative and a person living in poverty in the Sudan might look at my life and choices and think I’m a personification or greed and indulgence. So I try to withhold judgment. 

Now, sure if proof emerges that someone is involved in criminal activity or activities that directly injure or exploit others then I would

prefer them not be associated with the team I root for. 

But overall, I don’t give a rip. If Bezos is an a-hole, but a non-criminal one, then bring him on. It is impossible to regress at this point for

us in terms of ownership/leadership. The new owner will be given the widest clean slate in the history of clean slates. I’ll gladly place my Redwolves t shirt order on Amazon the day Bezos takes over. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

And... I'm fine with it.

That's how bad of an owner Snyder has been.

I feel like I’m in the minority about Snyder. He most certainly hasn’t been successful. But there were some serious pitfalls that were out of his control. The team was primed for success, and the Sean Taylor was murdered. We came close again, and then Haloti Ngata. Spent probably a decade of resources collectively on those two guys and the team build around them. Did he make a mistake with Allen? Absolutely! But I believe he kept him around because he had ties in government that could get the team back in DC. That didn’t pan out. 

Largely he’s been out of the spotlight since he attempted to “purchase” and championship. That was like 20 years ago now. 

I mean, sure he may come off unlikeable to us, but he’s also been well regarded by many former players. I just don’t understand the vitriol he constantly takes, when he has hardly said a word for two decades. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It's interesting watching the evolution of the "bombshell" rhetoric on this thread and on twitter lol...it has now reached the "Snyder was close with Epstein! It's bigger than you know!" level over there.

Yeah twitter is full of ****. Here’s a guy with 500 followers that claims indirect knowledge of a Snyder-Epstein connection. There is NO WAY they could have kept a lid on a story that explosive for 5 days.

*Mod Edit*

https://twitter.com/passportabuser/status/1283485222395314177?s=21

Edited by thesubmittedone
Rule 6, don’t circumvent profanity filter
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

It blows me away that so few can connect the dots here and see this for what it is: a strong armed coup by the richest man in the world. And somehow that man, possibly the worst abuser of corporate greed in the world - convinced you all the he would somehow make a great owner here...

Facts: 

B. bezos owns Washington post, which has led a campaign against the franchise for years. They tried a polling route before, which turned out in the skins favor. So another method was sought. Now they load up a hit piece at the most opportune time. 

it’s clear to me, bezos has already lined the minority owners pockets, has backing from other corporate sponsors, and gave dan an ultimatum of : sell to me, or I’ll destroy your rep. 

I think your timeline is a bit off.  It could still very well be a move by Bezos, we'll only find that out when the team starts selling.

a) Amazon was late in pulling all of the Redskins merch.  Many other outlets had already done that.

b) WaPo was bought by Bezos in 2013, but they've been critical of Snyder and how he's run the team looooong before that.

c) I'm unclear on this, but I did see a rumor that the minority owners tried to buy out Snyder in 2019, and failed.  That could've been an error though.

d) The minority owners aren't without cash, and Fred Smith has more money than Snyder.  Fred Smith is also CEO of FedEx...and that's the first big sponsor that pulled out.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jesus H Christ that is such a ****ed up post. And crushes the nail in the head.

I think you and I align pretty closely philosophically in a lot of ways. I love the X&Os of this game. I love the battle. Seeing guys give 110% of themselves to it. We love our gladiators. In that vein, being a fan of the NFL is as bad mentally for me as being a smoker. I could go into everything from kids getting pushed through schooling without being able to read to it being a charity and recruiting tool for the military and all the awful things that get forgiven in between. Yet here I am. I love this game, the league, and this awful team that's been as bad as almost any of my other character flaws throughout my life.

HTT?

Well stated. We've agreed on lots of unpopular "off field" things over the years (in addition to our unhealthy addiction to the on-field team and sport), from the name to AP and beyond. I hope we are both about to be a part of watching this historic ****show finally burn all the way to the ground, while fans like us rise from the ashes anew.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kleese said:

But overall, I don’t give a rip. If Bezos is an a-hole, but a non-criminal one, then bring him on. It is impossible to regress at this point for

us in terms of ownership/leadership. The new owner will be given the widest clean slate in the history of clean slates. I’ll gladly place my Redwolves t shirt order on Amazon the day Bezos takes over. 

Ed, my sources tell me that, in your honor, the nickname will be Red Thunder and Bezos is going to personally deliver a Romeo Bandison Jersey with the new logo to you

5 minutes ago, kleese said:

I don’t know any of these guys (owners). I have no clue if Bezos is more greedy than Jerry Jones or if he’s a better or worse person than Arthur Blank or Robert Kraft or anyone else. I would imagine to amass that level of wealth for any of these dudes that you are likely going to make some enemies along the way and possibly make some decisions that teeter or cross moral lines. But everything is relative and a person living in poverty in the Sudan might look at my life and choices and think I’m a personification or greed and indulgence. So I try to withhold judgment. 

Now, sure if proof emerges that someone is involved in criminal activity or activities that directly injure or exploit others then I would

prefer them not be associated with the team I root for. 

Define criminal... because I think being the richest man in the world, yet immune to paying taxes seems the opposite of genuine. I don’t want this to get political, and largely that’s what frustrates me most about all this: the skins were my outlet away from the world. 

I sincerely hope that the connection with Epstein is not true, and that this information is thoroughly vetted. Because even now, almost a year later, there is hardly any direct evidence of anyone listed in that black book that has resulted in consequences. How would somehow the only guy completely complicit be Dan. I just can’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:
I feel like I’m in the minority about Snyder. He most certainly hasn’t been successful. But there were some serious pitfalls that were out of his control. The team was primed for success, and the Sean Taylor was murdered. We came close again, and then Haloti Ngata. Spent probably a decade of resources collectively on those two guys and the team build around them. Did he make a mistake with Allen? Absolutely! But I believe he kept him around because he had ties in government that could get the team back in DC. That didn’t pan out. 

Largely he’s been out of the spotlight since he attempted to “purchase” and championship. That was like 20 years ago now. 

I mean, sure he may come off unlikeable to us, but he’s also been well regarded by many former players. I just don’t understand the vitriol he constantly takes, when he has hardly said a word for two decades. 

Over the years many have painted me as a Snyder “apologist.” Probably not without merit at least partially because I agree with some of what you stated above. One big thing people overlook is that he did NOT take over a good situation. From 1993-1998 we were awful, made awful decisions on and off field, and opened a new stadium that no one liked from start that had nothing to do with Dan. And as you mentioned there were also a few bad luck items to boot. 

I also always stated that I didn’t think Dan was a bad GUY, just a bad owner. That his heart was in the right place but he was so socially awkward and read people so poorly that he was unable to truly lead in any substantial way. But that he loved the franchise and wanted it to succeed just like the fans did. My hope was always that he’d accidentally hire the right guy to turn it around. He is not a spotlight seeker at all— he’s actually become a recluse. 

Now, perhaps we will find out that the “not a bad guy” part is also wrong. Or maybe he is just such a tone deaf guy that he couldn’t see what was right in front of him. 

But one thing is for sure...  no matter what spin you put on it, he was a bad owner. Very bad. 21 years is enough time to overcome a bad start and some bad luck. At some point when you are the remaining constant, you stand alone. 

I think Dan just always wanted to sit at the jock table. Just invited to the party, not necessarily be the life of the party. I would

be surprised if it’s revealed that he actively took part in anything nefarious. My guess (and obviously that’s all it is) would be that he was easily too weak or so duped by those he trusted that he never did anything to stop/correct it. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. I run a business myself and I understand that in the end it all reflects on me. Not necessarily every single incident, indiscretion, or failure. But the end the product. The big picture. 

It’s beyond clear that he simply isn’t fit to be the owner of an NFL team. Whether it’s because he’s a dirtbag human being or whether it’s because he’s just really, really bad at it doesn’t matter. Its reached a level of no return. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

You ‘aint Dan’s secret burner account, are ya?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Facts: 

I kind of agree with all of this (mostly the parts about Bezos the man and businessman, rather than the parts about being sure this is happening--though it's a fair reading of the situation), and yet I don't care as a football fan. That's how much I loathe Snyder and want him gone. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Ed, my sources tell me that, in your honor, the nickname will be Red Thunder and Bezos is going to personally deliver a Romeo Bandison Jersey with the new logo to you

#72....sign me up!

The Epstein scenario seems far fetched, considering nobody else has gone down.  Seems odd that of all people, Dan Snyder would be the first.

My money is on the majority of the front office has been a **** show rampant with debauchery, drugs/alcohol, sexual harassment/assault, things like that.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is there any indication that Bezos actually wants to buy an NFL team? I imagine he could have bought the Seahawks when Paul Allen died, had he wanted to. Hell, maybe he still could.

While I'm sure he has an enormous ego, he doesn't strike me as the type who desperately needs the ego stroke of being shown in the owner's box every Sunday on Fox. He'd probably rather just buy Fox...which he could do with pocket change.

@kleese I would agree he’s been a bad/unsuccessful owner. But I disagreed with a lot of the vitriol he’s taken over the years. If he were to sell to another local owner who’s been a fan of the franchise, then ok. Great. But to be strong armed into selling to the richest man in the world, who is only trying to accumulate more wealth. I don’t agree with that. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

@kleese I would agree he’s been a bad/unsuccessful owner. But I disagreed with a lot of the vitriol he’s taken over the years. If he were to sell to another local owner who’s been a fan of the franchise, then ok. Great. But to be strong armed into selling to the richest man in the world, who is only trying to accumulate more wealth. I don’t agree with that. 

I do. Seemingly every business move Bezos makes works. Amazon is ****ty to it's employees but very customer friendly, we as fans are the customers. I would absolutely take Bezos as our owner over Snyder. 

• Like 3