Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

24 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

At least Dan is a 'Skins fan. For Bezos its just money rolling. 

Who gives a **** if Dan grew up a fan when he's ruined the very thing he "loves" while making a mint off it anyways. Bezos could have grown up a Cowboys fan till right this second for all I care, I hate the dude for other reasons than Snyder but he is smart enough to know that winning=money and prestige, and prestige=more money. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Don't get me wrong, he's an asshole, but I just don't want to go over everything he's done for the 11,000th time. I'm interested to see what is released, but the op-ed pieces are going to be so vainglorious

For me if this results in Dan's ouster, I don't care if they repeat every little foible Dan's been a part of and they all gloat about it.  I'd be beyond ecstatic. 

I've never had an issue with reporters that like to slam Dan.  They've proven if anything over the years to be correct about just about every ounce of their cynicism.

I know what you mean though guys like Kellerman are insufferable.  But personally I don't care if he dedicates his full show to slamming Dan's whole tenure.  I'd watch every minute with glee.

I've had the position that you can win in spite of having a bad owner.  You can get lucky IMO.  However, Dan doesn't seem to have a clue how to build a winning culture and franchise.  I've come to accept that he'd be here forever.  But wow if there is a shot for him to leave I'd be elated.   Seems too good to be true so I am not getting my hopes up.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Feels like this story is as bad/sad/terrible as these reporters are teasing, maybe the league can vote with whatever % is needed that that ownership is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the league or professional football. Otherwise, nothing will be.

• Like 3

If the Fourth Estate saves this franchise for us all through good old fashioned investigative reporting, after years of fans crying that they were unfair to the team and Snyder until realizing they were right all along...what an epic conclusion to this terrible arc in our history it will be.

I hate to sound excited for the results of this report, when I can basically guarantee some people were probably hurt or suffered in some way during the process of all this going down. Whatever it ends up being.

But from the naturally selfish perspective of a fan, I hope the silver lining at least is "worth it" and this organization's cleansing finishes strong, from the bottom all the damn way to the tippy-top. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We’ll have Trent dishing the dirt soon. Maybe some scolded ex players from recent years. Maybe some players have been implicated. Even current ones? Imagine that. 

Thank God I’ve already mentally written off the 2020 season.

Certainly seems like a career ending for some of these front office staff. Maybe legal implications. Who the hell knows how big this story goes. One thing must be for sure, if it’s getting published, something this nature, we’ll it’s likely going to be true. 

I’ll be pissed if it results in some form of sanctions or penalties from the league though. 

25 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

From Pentt41207 on reddit. Seems to have some loose knowledge on the situation. 

If that's true, I don't see how Snyder isn't booted. Please, for the love of God, we've been patient, we've been good...

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If that's true, I don't see how Snyder isn't booted. Please, for the love of God, we've been patient, we've been good...

My only concern is the lack of things directly pointing to Snyder. Sounds like everything is happening around him and even though it's obvious he knew, he might wait it out. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

My only concern is the lack of things directly pointing to Snyder. Sounds like everything is happening around him and even though it's obvious he knew, he might wait it out. 

If this is as bad as it seems, Snyder had no organizational control, he'll have to go, there will be no recovery. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We’ll have Trent dishing the dirt soon. Maybe some scolded ex players from recent years. Maybe some players have been implicated. Even current ones? Imagine that. 

Thank God I’ve already mentally written off the 2020 season.

Certainly seems like a career ending for some of these front office staff. Maybe legal implications. Who the hell knows how big this story goes. One thing must be for sure, if it’s getting published, something this nature, we’ll it’s likely going to be true. 

I’ll be pissed if it results in some form of sanctions or penalties from the league though. 

League doesn't do **** about Dan Snyder but docks us a few draft picks. I could see that, sadly, I could easily see that. 

Jeff Scott Promoted in Washington Front Office

Per a Washington team release on Wednesday afternoon, another change has been made to the pro scouting department, but this one is official. 

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Washington announced today that they have promoted Jeff Scott to the role of assistant director of pro scouting / advance coordinator.

“Upon my arrival to Washington in January, Jeff Scott was one of the members of the previous staff that I immediately pinpointed as someone that fits the culture I am creating here,” said Head Coach Ron Rivera. “I look forward to continuing to work with Jeff along with Kyle Smith and the rest of the personnel department as we head into the 2020 season.”

You'll notice (for those that had a problem with it) that in their own press release the team used "Washington" several times and did not mention the old/current name.

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/gm-report/jeff-scott-promoted-in-washington-front-office

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

980 WTEM is speculating right now that Bruce Allen may be responsible for leaking damning information on Snyder with the goal of facilitating an ownership change. Payback?

I know this is pure speculation but I've wondered for years if Bruce had some serious dirt on Snyder.  It was the only logical explanation I could come up with as to why Bruce kept his job for so long (I never bought the whole stadium thing).  Not sure how that would tie into the Santos and Mann firings so this may be off base but it wouldn't surprise me .  

• Like 1