Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Obviously he's no Pitts but he's one of my favorite mid round prospects, and my fav sleeper type at TE.  But I admit I kept wondering about whether there is something I am missing about Yeboah since he gets so little love from the draft community.  Heck PFF thinks he might go undrafted.

So good to see someone from the draft community likes him.  He can seperate well and makes some spectacular catches.    I was watching the Senior Bowl yesterday and he made quite the highlight catch.  And he's a better blocker IMO than what his critics including PFF say he is.  They left him to block a lot.  He's not a people mover type blocker but he gets in front of his man. 

I think he, Briley Moore, Tre McKitty among the mid round types could end up really solid to good players. 

I'm starting to have some "draft crushes" in that 4th - 6th round range that are guys I'd like to see us go for maybe a round earlier ... guys like LB Monty RIce, FS Darrick Forest ... I liked Yeboah and McKitty early in the process but fell off them when there wasn't much coming out on them ... that's interesting and if we don't go TE early (Round 2/3) I'll keep my eyes on Yeboah and McKitty in ROund 4 or 5.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Zierlein compares him to Jessie Bates and that works for me.

If anyone is feeling underwhelmed about him, watch this highlight video and you will feel better:

This kid is good.  Not a projection or a dreamy best case scenario situation with him, he was legitimately a top 15 player in CFB this season.  He won the Thorpe award and was an All American and he is going to translate to the NFL if he stays healthy.  He'd be a good pick, just perhaps not the best pick.  But he's the clear cut best safety in the class and he's a much better player and bet than Cisco, Hamlin, and Hufanga given their injury histories.

Moehrig in the first and Asante Samuel in the second and/or Shaun Wade in the fifth and we could potentially run the best defense in the NFL over the next two years.

That's who he sort of reminded me of. I can't think of a FS i'd want more on our team than Jessie Bates, if you look at what he's become and done in the league, I would spend a 1st on him pretty easily. He would be getting far more recognition of the Bengals weren't such a dumpster-fire. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Obviously he's no Pitts but he's one of my favorite mid round prospects, and my fav sleeper type at TE.  But I admit I kept wondering about whether there is something I am missing about Yeboah since he gets so little love from the draft community.  Heck PFF thinks he might go undrafted.

So good to see someone from the draft community likes him.  He can seperate well and makes some spectacular catches.    I was watching the Senior Bowl yesterday and he made quite the highlight catch.  And he's a better blocker IMO than what his critics including PFF say he is.  They left him to block a lot.  He's not a people mover type blocker but he gets in front of his man. 

I think he, Briley Moore, Tre McKitty among the mid round types could end up really solid to good players. 

They are my 3 as well. Yeboah is starting to be recognized more than the other two. To be honest, I do not get why McKitty doesn't get more talk.

If Moore can stay healthy he could be a stud

Just a general question....any idea how many calls a team might field for its picks?  As someone who has admired the Patriots way of stockpiling 2nd/3rd rounders and letting go of first rounders, I just find it interesting how these mock draft simulators send offers of "late 1st + late 2nd for #19", then a "2nd/3rd for the late first", then a "late 2nd/3rd for the second rounder."

By the time I actually start drafting around pick 55 or so, I've gotten enough 2nd/3rd rounders to rebuild two entire position groups.  And these are computer offered trades, not me sending them around.

So yes, I know it is an algorithm and not equal to how the draft actually goes, but if a team goes into the mindset that they'll keep dropping 5-7 spots at a time in return for a late second or a 3rd rounder being thrown in, can they pull it off year after year?  Which is where my question above came in, are calls being made about virtually every pick in the draft except for maybe the first three overall?  Is someone always calling?

17 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

They are my 3 as well. Yeboah is starting to be recognized more than the other two. To be honest, I do not get why McKitty doesn't get more talk.

If Moore can stay healthy he could be a stud

I do think there is a bit of a gap from where Yeboah gets picked and where Moore gets picked.  I’d be pleased to land Jordan in the third and Briley in the seventh.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I do think there is a bit of a gap from where Yeboah gets picked and where Moore gets picked.  I’d be pleased to land Jordan in the third and Briley in the seventh.

Agreed on the gap, I see Yeboah in the 4th. Moore however will go before the 7th. There are not many good TE's in the draft.

I see McKitty as a 4th rounder like Yeboah.

Jordan in the 3rd would be outstanding

Anyone catch Kyle Shanahans hilariously odd quote today? The question: will jimmy G be on the roster by Sunday?

his answer: “i can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive Sunday so i cant guarantee who will be on our roster on Sunday.”

sooo.....the world is going to end on Sunday? 😂

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class

Daniel Jeremiah's final board is wildly different than it was 1 month ago.  At least it feels like that.  If he's hearing this from teams lately, then wow.

#35 Jalen Mayfield

#36 Teven Jenkins

#37 Dillon Randunz

#38 Christian Darrisaw

The only 2 WR's he's got in the 2nd round range are:

#41 Bateman

#48 Marshall

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class

Daniel Jeremiah's final board is wildly different than it was 1 month ago.  At least it feels like that.  If he's hearing this from teams lately, then wow.

#35 Jalen Mayfield

#36 Teven Jenkins

#37 Dillon Randunz

#38 Christian Darrisaw

#41 Bateman

#48 Marshall

Christian Darrisaw at 38 is just wild to me, that seems awfully low. 

9 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

#35 Jalen Mayfield

#36 Teven Jenkins

#37 Dillon Randunz

#38 Christian Darrisaw

#41 Bateman

#48 Marshall

Was wondering when I'd see a Gary Brightwell reference. Feeling like a dolt for not taking him in my mock. I like him a lot.

21 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Found this on Reddit. Ian Rapoport post on IG has a graphic of us picking 8th at FirstEnergy Stadium, ah draft day can't come soon enough. Who's the silhouette?

I don't think that's us, the graphic is just colored red/yellow ish.

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The Washington logo is at the bottom left, plus it says "Washington" below the first banner. 

Round 1, pick 8 (2).jpeg

Yoda, is it possible you might be reading into this too much.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lovin it!

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

My fear if we draft JOK is teams just run the ball out of 3 WR sets against us and pummel the undersized JOK into oblivion. He will not address our run D issues at all.

But it sure would be nice to be able to cover TEs for the first time in like 20 years.

Yeah, this is why I keep asking about JOK manning the slot for us in nickel (situationally).  If he can take snaps there (helping our run D more than Moreland and allowing us to play nickel with two other LBs on the field), blitz, and play inside on passing downs... maybe we can alleviate the problem?  That’s a lot to figure out and a lot of game planning all around one player... though I guess the Chargers aren’t complaining about that problem with James...

6 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Due to the number of wants and needs, I can't see two LB picks through the first 5 rounds unless they sign a FA before the draft.

LT, TE, RB, WR, LB, FS, plus QB, CB, Edge

Personally, I could see us taking 2 linebackers in the first 3 rounds (if we take JOK in the 1st).  The edge class is weak, qb is not be a good option (if we don’t trade up), we might miss out on TE depending on how things shake out (even if they’d really like to address it).  Competition for Johnson/Stroman could come via UDFA or FA.  Of course, they’ll probably look at DT too later in the draft, which furthers your point, but again - weak class and there will be deeper positions they could address.

I could see either 2 receivers drafted, 2 LBs drafted, or one of each... we’ll have to see.

My hunch - I think the odds are pretty decent we move up for a qb, but it not...

1st - Jenkins, JOK or Moehring.  I’d hope for a trade back here and if we don’t land a tackle, maybe move up in the 2nd for one - swapping a 3rd for a 4th to move up 10+ spots.

2nd - Tackle (I think we might miss our chance here unless we move up - don’t think the available ones will be close to BPA), Cisco, Receiver, Brevin (maybe Tremble?), Cox/Woerner.

3rd - LB (Woerner/Cox/Rice/Barnes/etc) and Tremble (probably gone), T or receiver.  Wildcard (probably depends on how first 2-3 picks go:  QB, FS.

4th/5th - 2 among FS, receiver, corner, Rb, TE

I think we’ll land either a receiver and a TE or 2 receivers (one of them coming in the 5th or 7th), 1 Rb, 1 or 2 LBs (only if we draft JOK), 1 tackle (first 4 picks), 1 FS.  Leaves us 1 or 2 picks (depending on linebacker) for corner/qb/edge/LS.  Can’t wait to see what happens!

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Been telling you all I wouldn't be surprised if we went CB, Farley was CB #1 in this draft for many before his surgery, teams are assessing the risk now I'm sure but we definitely seem interested. 

Might be ideal if Landon moves to WLB or can essentially play where JOK would have played on this defense. 

I’m torn on this, on one hand, medicals aside, Farley is probably BPA at 19, and we’re in no rush to have him contribute - he can build strength before becoming more than an occasional contributor (barring injuries to our starting corners of course).

On the other hand, Hurney/RR have a history of neglecting corners early, the medical stuff is scary, and I’m not sure it’s the best use of resources in terms of how many snaps he’d likely take for us (barring a TC or early season injury to our starters).

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeboah is going to need a lot of work. He isnt a route runner as much as just sitting in open zones. And he had his share of drops as well. I dont hate the prospect. But to compare him in any way shape or form to Pitts is laughable. 

Comparing anyone to Pitts is laughable.  I think Kiper's point is he's one of the rare fluid receiver types among the TEs in this group.   It's not like Kiper has him rated as a first or 2nd rounder.  I think his point is for a big boy of 250 pounds, he can move.

His drop rate isn't hot but not really flagrant compared to some of the TE's in the class.  It's about the same drop rate as Tremble. It's just a little more than Freiermuth. 

He has one of the highest YAC rates among TEs, beating every major TE prospect on that front aside from Jordan and McKittty. He had one of the highest yard per route scores among the TEs.   He had the highest contested catch rate after Tremble.  He has one of the largest wingspans among the TEs.

I am not selling Yebolah as an early round stud.   But as a mid rounder, I think he's worth rolling the dice on.   He's got some tools IMO.  

42 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Agreed on the gap, I see Yeboah in the 4th. Moore however will go before the 7th. There are not many good TE's in the draft.

I see McKitty as a 4th rounder like Yeboah.

Jordan in the 3rd would be outstanding

Could be right.  These TEs get a little unpredictable in the later rounds.  Fortunately, we likely won’t see Belicheck going after TEs this year.  Lol.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm starting to have some "draft crushes" in that 4th - 6th round range that are guys I'd like to see us go for maybe a round earlier ... guys like LB Monty RIce, FS Darrick Forest ... I liked Yeboah and McKitty early in the process but fell off them when there wasn't much coming out on them ... that's interesting and if we don't go TE early (Round 2/3) I'll keep my eyes on Yeboah and McKitty in ROund 4 or 5.

If they miss out on Tremble, Freiermuth, Jordan.  Maybe Hunter Long.  I think in that mid round range:  Mckitty, Yeboah, Moore are intriguing.  After those 3:  Bates, Granson who are close IMO.  After that group i think its slim pickings. 

Archived