Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I find all of your Standig and Keim posts as good measuring points for the teams interest.

Regarding LB's the way I read it is barring an early LB run they:

Trade back from 19 and take JOK or Davis

Take Davis, Cox and Werner at 51

Hope one of the above lasts until the 3rd round

Say there pick comes down to either Zaven Collins or Jamin Davis, who do they pick?  

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Say there pick comes down to either Zaven Collins or Jamin Davis, who do they pick?  

It seems the lean now (who the hell really knows actually) by what is supposedly being said that it may be Jamin.  Just from the snippets I've read.  I think they like the 42" vert, 11' broad, and 4.37 40.  I would guess they wish they had more tape (just 11 career starts) and wish Zaven played against higher level competition.  We really need OL so hope one of the big 'uns we covet falls to us instead...or we trade back.  Just my wish. Heck, may get one of the two AFTER trading back.  That would be sweet. 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rapoport just on.  He said the 49ers are cramming on Jones/Lance and seemed to eliminate Fields.  They won't leak their intentions so we likely find out on draft day not before that.

They're fronting.  They've known since they made that trade who they wanted because the alternative is that they would be morons to make that trade without knowing who they want.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He isn't overly elusive in the hole

That’s what I see when watching his full game cut-ups. Talented back as he explodes past the line and it looks like he should sprint for another 10 when a trailing LB or safety seem to enter the picture really quick and take Etienne down. He seems to enjoy hitting DBs square on. Looks great when watching highlights but that that style won’t keep you healthy in the pros when DBs are 20lb heavier and faster. I think things like that can be corrected by coaching, though. I’d take Najee Harris and Javonte Williams ahead of Etienne. On a side note, Maurice Jones Drew likes the other UNC running back better than Williams so I’ll need to watch some of those game cut ups. 

4 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

It seems the lean now (who the hell really knows actually) by what is supposedly being said that it may be Jamin.  Just from the snippets I've read.  I think they like the 42" vert, 11' broad, and 4.37 40.  I would guess they wish they had more tape (just 11 career starts) and wish Zaven played against higher level competition.  We really need OL so hope one of the big 'uns we covet falls to us instead...or we trade back.  Just my wish. Heck, may get one of the two AFTER trading back.  That would be sweet. 

My gut feeling is they don't like any of the available OLinemen enough to pick at 19, and they trade down to about 25 and pick one of the LBers.  

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're fronting.  They've known since they made that trade who they wanted because the alternative is that they would be morons to make that trade without knowing who they want.

Could be or it could be what two different reporters have said which is that there is an internal disagreement with Kyle wanting Mac and the FO wanting Lance.   And they are trying to settle the debate since they aren't all on the same page. 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I tend to agree with that and also think that their public statements that Jimmy G is their guy this year would indicate it’s Lance.

Mac Jones is basically Kirk Cousins to me and I can’t see them giving up that haul for him. Particularly if you could wait until draft day and move to 5-8 and still get him. 

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think we’re going To see any player with medical concerns fall. Apparently getting to check out the players is difficult to do. I wouldn’t be surprised if Farley fell to round 2

That's where he becomes tempting to me.  If his back is shot, I can still salvage a good draft if I get him in the second.  If I spend 19 on him, there is way too big of a chance I get a one or zero player class from this draft, and that would be a huge set back in the rebuild.

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I tend to agree with that and also think that their public statements that Jimmy G is their guy this year would indicate it’s Lance.

Mac Jones is basically Kirk Cousins to me and I can’t see them giving up that haul for him. Particularly if you could wait until draft day and move to 5-8 and still get him. 

Your take makes complete sense, but this is the man who begged us to take #2 overall for Kirk in 2017.  This man is not rational about the market price of the quarterbacks he trusts.

34 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If Buffalo really wants to trade up for Etienne in the early 20's ... I'd consider taking 30 and a 4th + a 3rd next year ... something along those lines.

That's too little compensation for me.  You know if we make that trade then picks 25-29 are going to go Zaven, Moehrig, Jamin, Najee, and Cosmi.  That always happens and I need at least one really good extra pick to justify losing out on the last of the top tier players at positions of need.

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been on this lonely ride with you about drafting a FS and TE early for a long time.  I am more about TE than FS but yeah I've not been a fan of the mid-round-low round efforts at the FS spot.

Judging by draft rumors, that ride might end finally this draft.  don't want to jinx it though. :ols:

Moehrig isn't my top want but if they traded down, I'd like it a lot.  It also seems like other FS are also on their radar.    Looks like they are poking at TE, too.  And Rivera pretty much admitted they would have taken Trautman in the last draft but he was taken before their pick.

The draught might be over at those spots.  :ols:

It's a draft day dream finally come true brother. Hooray! :ols:

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's where he becomes tempting to me.  If his back is shot, I can still salvage a good draft if I get him in the second.  If I spend 19 on him, there is way too big of a chance I get a one or zero player class from this draft, and that would be a huge set back in the rebuild.

I’d be tempted to move up in the second if he does fall, but I don’t think he makes it past Jacksonville at 33

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The comment below from Matt Miller I've seen made by some others too.  I haven't dived deep into 2022 to give my own take on that.  But I do know i like some of the top 10 type of players a lot for 2022. 

This year is janky.  The best two defensive players are Parsons and Farley and they typify the extreme risk of this class.  That's why I'm begging for safety this year and just trusting in BPA and picking one of those two top running backs (and I think they are a clear step above Javonte).  Buy Amazon and Netflix as you said, and go makes some money.  On top of that, I've peeked ahead to the 2022 class and there aren't any RBs of similar ability and accomplishment to Etienne/Harris.  You just don't get Seniors like these two kids very often any more.  This is buying low on an oasis of value at the position in the middle of a drought.

BTW if players are stocks, then Mac Jones is Gamestop 🤣

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Your take makes complete sense, but this is the man who begged us to take #2 overall for Kirk in 2017.  This man is not rational about the market price of the quarterbacks he trusts.

Fun read with the benefit of hindsight: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/04/12/2017-nfl-draft-with-kirk-cousins-future-in-question-should-the-redskins-take-a-quarterback/%3foutputType=amp

One thing that jumped out was Trubisky being viewed as a 2nd rounder at the time this was written. Funny thing about quarterback values: they’re always inflated by teams leading up to the draft and the media catches those rumors and they are considered “risers.” 

Mac Jones would be appropriately valued at picks 15-30, which is where he was estimated at before the 49ers rumors started. Not top 10 and certainly not at 3 overall having given up a haul of future picks for him. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Left tackles rankings.  I didn't have time to do my own rankings of the mid-bottom players in the group so I switched there from my grades to Bruglers.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 1.34.20 PM.png

If they seriously want a starting LT I think they must grab one of the top 10 and they are dried up by the 2nd round

11 minutes ago, Blanka said:

The tell for me is when the trade up first happened Schefter believed it was for Mac.

His relationship with the Shanahan’s made me believe that wasn’t just a guess but an educated one. 

Yeah, and judging by the rumors, the 49ers are a leaky ship.  I think they tipped their hand over and have been trying to obfuscate because they don't want the Jets to pick Jones or trade down with someone else who will take him.

If I'm the Jets, I make at least one attempt to extort them for #2, but they're kind of running low on picks.  I'd try and hold them up for a player.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, and judging by the rumors, the 49ers are a leaky ship.  I think they tipped their hand over and have been trying to obfuscate because they don't want the Jets to pick Jones or trade down with someone else who will take him.

If I'm the Jets, I make at least one attempt to extort them for #2, but they're kind of running low on picks.  I'd try and hold them up for a player.

The Jets are in on Wilson. They won't screw around. 

Archived