Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Just a general question....any idea how many calls a team might field for its picks?  As someone who has admired the Patriots way of stockpiling 2nd/3rd rounders and letting go of first rounders, I just find it interesting how these mock draft simulators send offers of "late 1st + late 2nd for #19", then a "2nd/3rd for the late first", then a "late 2nd/3rd for the second rounder."

By the time I actually start drafting around pick 55 or so, I've gotten enough 2nd/3rd rounders to rebuild two entire position groups.  And these are computer offered trades, not me sending them around.

So yes, I know it is an algorithm and not equal to how the draft actually goes, but if a team goes into the mindset that they'll keep dropping 5-7 spots at a time in return for a late second or a 3rd rounder being thrown in, can they pull it off year after year?  Which is where my question above came in, are calls being made about virtually every pick in the draft except for maybe the first three overall?  Is someone always calling?

that one simulator is atrociously unrealistic with the trade downs. But some of the others like The Draft Network will always offer a trade but I try not to accept ones I don’t think could happen. I think we trade down 1x. Either from 19 or from 51/74/82 to grab one more mid rounder. I’ll double down on that if we end up trading up for Fields and giving up one of the 3’s. Wouldn’t shock me to trade off 51 to recoup a 3 

53 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Marshall might slide to #51 considering the injury issues.  Would you take him there?

I would depend on the medicals.  From what I read its stuff he had in high school.  If so he clearly got over it.  But i'd need to know more.  As a player, he'd be a steal at 51 IMO everything being equal. 

Rapoport this time did mention the WFT as a possible team to trade up for a QB after talking about NE potentially doing it.  Then he mentioned the Bears. 

Seems like the talking heads both on TV and the radio today want to hand Fields to NE.  Like its NE's game and the only question is does any other team crash their story. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rapoport this time did mention the WFT as a possible team to trade up for a QB after talking about NE potentially doing it.  Then he mentioned the Bears. 

Watch one of the other teams outbid RR even if there interested.  Just a guess.  RR has a cutoff point and that occurred with Detroit and Stafford.  I'm basing my guess of what occurred with that situation.  

Just now, RWJ said:

Watch one of the other teams outbid RR even if there interested.  Just a guess.  RR has a cutoff point and that occurred with Detroit and Stafford.  I'm basing my guess of what occurred with that situation.  

your guesses seem to flow off of what the beat guys and national reporters are guessing for the most part so your guesses likely end up correct on draft day.  will see.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

your guesses seem to flow off of what the beat guys and national reporters are guessing for the most part so your guesses likely end up correct on draft day.  will see.

But watch out on day 2 for a QB.  :)  

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I could see either 2 receivers drafted, 2 LBs drafted, or one of each... we’ll have to see.

My hunch - I think the odds are pretty decent we move up for a qb, but it not...

1st - Jenkins, JOK or Moehring.  I’d hope for a trade back here and if we don’t land a tackle, maybe move up in the 2nd for one - swapping a 3rd for a 4th to move up 10+ spots.

2nd - Tackle (I think we might miss our chance here unless we move up - don’t think the available ones will be close to BPA), Cisco, Receiver, Brevin (maybe Tremble?), Cox/Woerner.

3rd - LB (Woerner/Cox/Rice/Barnes/etc) and Tremble (probably gone), T or receiver.  Wildcard (probably depends on how first 2-3 picks go:  QB, FS.

4th/5th - 2 among FS, receiver, corner, Rb, TE

I think we’ll land either a receiver and a TE or 2 receivers (one of them coming in the 5th or 7th), 1 Rb, 1 or 2 LBs (only if we draft JOK), 1 tackle (first 4 picks), 1 FS.  Leaves us 1 or 2 picks (depending on linebacker) for corner/qb/edge/LS.  Can’t wait to see what happens!

IMO, barring a move up to QB I believe on the first two days in no particular order they go: OT, LB, FS, TE

I do not believe they go JOK

If they trade back and grab another day two pick they either go RB, CB, Edge or QB.

The 4th and 5th rounds still have quality at RB and WR's. Then there's DT, Edge, LB2, CB, IOL and LS in the 7th

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like the talking heads both on TV and the radio today want to hand Fields to NE.  Like its NE's game and the only question is does any other team crash their story. 

Do you have a link to it?

Would love this:

washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    LB, Notre Dame
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Dillon Radunz
    OT, North Dakota State
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Brevin Jordan
    TE, Miami
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Davis Mills
    QB, Stanford
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Talanoa Hufanga
    S, USC

washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Simi Fehoko
    WR, Stanford
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Matt Bushman
    TE, BYU
    washington_logo.png
    Washington Washington
    Elijah Mitchell
    RB, Louisiana

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

In fairness to RR IMO our offer for Stafford was better than what they ended up taking. I am fine with trading up for Fields. But I dont want him to completely ruin the future to do it either. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness to RR IMO our offer for Stafford was better than what they ended up taking. I am fine with trading up for Fields. But I dont want him to completely ruin the future to do it either. 

That's what it would cost.  You said it starting at completely.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agreed. As much as Rivera wanted Stafford I respect the hell out of him for not pushing the limits and risking the future!

I couldn't post is because I can only get it on my phone.  Breer with another column today.  Breer to me is the 2nd most on the money reporter after Schefter.

He mentioned Koramoah could drop becuase of Isaiah Simmons struggles in his rookie season but said he could see him go as high as 19 to the WFT

He mentioned Penei Sewell's immaturity.  I've heard multiple draftniks talk about it for weeks.   But he said teams think he gets over it.  And he said ditto as to Micah Parsons who carries himself with a chip on his shoulder. 

He said the maturity concerns are deeper for Christian Barmore, Jalean Phillips, Kelvin Joseph

Top 20 players are mostly liked in the draft and then the talent level dives so teams in the teens might be reluctant to trade back.  Some teams have players 20-60 as pretty close. 

21 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Do you have a link to it?

nope, it was on TV

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Both.   Personally i am rooting against either one.  Will see.

🤣  Well, if Zampese can teach Mills and Mills can learn from him there's a chance.  Yes, I can see the Dumb and Dumber video and someone posting it now to this post.  LOL

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

🤣  Well, if Zampese can teach Mills and Mills can learn from him there's a chance.  Yes, I can see the Dumb and Dumber video and someone posting it now to this post.  LOL

Will see.  I don't see either Mills or Trask with a high ceiling so I don't see the point.  But what do I know.  Will see.  QBs are hard to guess. 

Mills should have gone back.  He could have been an early first round pick with a decent season under his belt.

Jaelen Phillips has had multiple serious concussions and has already had to quit football before.  I think he's going to be one of the surprise callers who goes several rounds later than people expect.

Been watching more Larry Rountree after the mention that they might have interest in him.  Assuming late rounds.  Maybe i was too harsh.  He looked good against Arkansas.  Nice spin move.  Good contact balance.  gets skinny in the hole.  Feisty.   Not that I love him after watching that game but i am not as pessimistic. 

I see some ability.    Don't love his measurables.  4.68 40.   1.73 10.  That makes him one of the slowest RBs in this class. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see.  I don't see either Mills or Trask with a high ceiling so I don't see the point.  But what do I know.  Will see.  QBs are hard to guess. 

So true. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mills has a high ceiling but a sub basement floor.  He is one of the biggest gambles in the class IMO.  More so even than Lance.  David Shaw pretty much banged the hell out of the table for him and he's got enough credibility to get the kid drafted way earlier than his resume justifies.  To hear Shaw tell it, Mills is basically Andrew Luck 2.0, just came out a year too early.

I guarantee all of this momentum of Mills rising is based on Shaw's stumping for him.  It does make you stop and take a rosy look at the kid.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Mills should have gone back.  He could have been an early first round pick with a decent season under his belt.

Jaelen Phillips has had multiple serious concussions and has already had to quit football before.  I think he's going to be one of the surprise callers who goes several rounds later than people expect.

Mills can sit this year and I hope next too while Fitzpatrick plays and Mills learns.

Archived