Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm guessing we might have an agreement in place to trade Scherff in some kind of draft day trade up package. Maybe to Carolina at 8? They need OL help. Would 19 + Scherff be enough to move up to 8?

God I would love it. Scherrf is awesome but he’s gone as a FA next year anyway and that’s awesome value.

5 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

God I would love it. Scherrf is awesome but he’s gone as a FA next year anyway and that’s awesome value.

Scherff would probably be equivalent of a 1st next year so maybe 19, one of our 3rds, and Scherff for a top 10 pick? 

But what team picking top 10 wants to take on that kind of contract? Is Denver in win now mode? I know Carolina needs OL help bad. Detroit too(and would help their culture change)but they're rebuilding and I don't see them wanting that kind of contract. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Holy smokes. Just traded for Flowers back.

Yeah....wow. 

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I could see Detroit. They have draft picks but need veterans and Scherrf is definitely a fit for the culture there. 

Not a bad guess. I could see him getting a huge contract. He was nasty as a prospect, ergo Campbell probably adores him. 

I don't see anyway we trade Scherff.  This is about depth and versatility. Flowers is best at guard, but is functional as a RT.  Plus, he played well here.  Its about competition and Flowers can play guard or tackle.  Maybe they think Charles can be the LT?

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

I don't see anyway we trade Scherff.  This is about depth and versatility. Flowers is best at guard, but is functional as a RT.  Plus, he played well here.  Its about competition and Flowers can play guard or tackle.  Maybe they think Charles can be the LT?

Charles was drafted as the LT. I think we should probably assume it's between him and Lucas battling it out at LT this year.

I know it's a short term addition, but unless there is a follow-on trade coming, this really makes me think OL isn't something we end up touching this year? Idk. Maybe an OT ... but not drafting an IOL with Scherff, Flowers, Schweizer, Ismael at Guard.

5 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

If this is to trade up, wouldn't that depend on the person we want being available? Unless we are going for the 4th spot...

Most of the teams probably are pretty sure about who the the top 8-10 picks are going to be. Atlanta, Cincy and Miami arent going QB. That makes Detroit and Carolina the landing spots for QB's. And regardless. 18 looks better than 19 in a trade up scenario. 

Actually a pretty good trade for both teams. Miami gets cap space and they desperately need DL and Edge help. Moving back one spot below Wash who wont take one of those anyways makes sense for them. We get a starting Guard and separation from Chicago for a trade up. Love it. 

2 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

If this is to trade up, wouldn't that depend on the person we want being available? Unless we are going for the 4th spot...

Well, yeah. But they could be preparing for trading Scherff, and we don't know what the pick exchange is, but a swap of late round picks makes me think that the risk/investment is minimal. Maybe we know CAR wants Scherff ... we include him an 19 in a move up to 7 if Lance or Fields is there. But if Lance/Fields aren't there, maybe we know we still trade him to Carolina for a 3rd or something. Idk.

I like it. Flowers being back is good for us. Seems like the compensation was largely us doing Miami a favor for taking cap money off their lap.

Not sure if it means anything for Scherff now or not. Could be Scherff + Flowers at guards and then Schweitzer + Flowers next year.

I’m sure they’ll try to move Scherff though. 

Well then, this sort of eliminates a pick like AVT at #19.  Also with Saahdiq Charles here, it makes drafting another college OT but maybe a better Pro Guard unlikely.

Still hoping for a trade back.

I don't think Scherff is on the move for part of a trade up package.  The Top 10 teams are either rebuilding or on the verge of rebuilding.  They won't want a great Guard on a 1 year deal and at Scherff's age.  I could see Scherff being on the move for a package of Day 2 picks though?

I'd offer a team like the Chargers or Vikings(picking 13 and 14)something like 19 and Scherff for their 1st and 2nd. Basically an Orlando Brown like trade but with fewer picks.

And yeah this move basically ensures the Dolphins take Sewell. Pitts will go 4th and Chase will go 5th. They moved back up from 12 to 6 to guarantee one of the non QB "big 3" (Sewell/Pitts/Chase).

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd offer a team like the Chargers or Vikings(picking 13 and 14)something like 19 and Scherff for their 1st and 2nd. Basically an Orlando Brown like trade but with fewer picks.

I'd be open to that but I think it has to be on draft day to make sure the guy we want is there.

Archived