Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, skins2victory said:

If Darrisaw is still on the board at 19, I feel that has got to be the pick. 

I don’t think he’s going to get past the Chargers and I think Slater is gone top 10. Sewell to Miami at 6.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think he’s going to get past the Chargers and I think Slater is gone top 10. Sewell to Miami at 6.

Before today I didn't link Miami to Sewell, but with the move of Flowers here, Robert Hunt to Guard and, I assume Austin Jackson to RT, it sure makes sense. That's a great young line they've got there.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That's such a risky proposition especially if they're in full on evaluation mode on Tua. Kindley or Deiter falter and they're screwed. I wonder if they plan on drafting AVT if he falls to their second 1st rounder.

Read that they are planning to move Hunt inside.

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McShay with his final big board, here's some of it

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31338974/nfl-draft-2021-rankings-todd-mcshay-final-top-350-prospects-plus-grades-position-ranks

12. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame (Grade: 91)

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 221 | Highlights

Owusu-Koramoah is what the NFL is looking for in a defender because of his exceptional versatility. He's an undersized but instinctive and fast WLB who can play the overhang position. He shows very good recognition skills and always seems to be around the ball. He needs to get bigger and stronger, but Owusu-Koramoah is fluid, smooth and fast in coverage. He has also flashed the ability to pressure quarterbacks and get home with speed and suddenness.

30.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

13. Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC (Grade: 91)

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 308 | Highlights

Vera-Tucker gets into sound initial position and gets movement at the point of attack in the run game. He gets top-heavy and falls off some blocks late, but he takes sound angles climbing to the second level. He's smooth getting set and has above-average body control for his size in pass pro. He has a strong punch, tends to get his hands inside and anchors well. Vera-Tucker is a better fit at guard than tackle but could provide depth outside in the NFL.

2579.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

14. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (Grade: 91)

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 205 | Highlights

Horn has the size, speed, toughness and length to develop into a very good press corner. He makes it tough for receivers to get off the line and into routes. He's a little tight, and he gets grabby at times. He's more effective matching up with slot receivers than most corners with his size. Horn flashes solid instincts and tracks the ball well, and he's competitive in 50-50 situations. And he's a threat blitzing off the edge.

333.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

15. Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 217 | Highlights

His pocket presence and ability to maneuver within the pocket really stand out on tape. Jones has shown high-level ball placement on short to intermediate throws and has very good timing and anticipation. He processes things quickly and has outstanding football sense, and he consistently displays the ability to lead receivers to yards after the catch. Jones also understands trajectory and can layer the ball between defenders. But he has a tendency to underthrow the deep ball, and he is not much of a threat as a runner.

213.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

16. Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 246 | Highlights

Parsons is a very good tackler with excellent range. He's a disruptive interior run defender with the burst to shoot gaps and the ability to quickly slip blocks. There's room for improvement when it comes to getting off blocks, but he has good size and balance. He's a dynamic third-down player who covers ground in zone and has solid man cover traits. He flashes as a hands fighter and has the closing burst to get to the quarterback rushing off the edge and between the tackles.

2628.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

17. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 202 | Highlights

Moehrig is an explosive playmaker who shows good burst breaking on the ball and good timing breaking up passes. Moehrig has good recovery speed and flashes the ability to locate the ball and finish with an interception once he gets back in phase. He has good range in run support and is an above-average open-field tackler.

130.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

18. Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 261 | Highlights

Paye has an extremely high ceiling. He has fast eyes and explosive closing speed in pursuit. He needs to make strides as a hands fighter, but Paye flashes the ability to slip blocks and make plays in the backfield. He has above-average range and presents good versatility; he kicks inside to rush the passer, and he's a 3-4 OLB candidate.

259.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

19. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 197 | Highlights

Farley possesses a rare blend of size, length, top-end speed and burst. His ball skills are elite, as he tracks the ball extremely well and has natural instincts when it comes to getting into phase and getting his head turned around at the right time. He reads receivers and is a playmaker. His recognition skills could improve with more experience, and he's a bit of a buffet tackler.

259.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

20. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 322 | Highlights

Darrisaw is an excellent zone blocker when his technique is sound. He's smooth climbing and has the powerful punch to knock defenders off course when he gets into space, but he doesn't always finish like he's capable of finishing. He's smooth getting set and flashes good change of direction in pass pro. He has the length to ride speed rushers past the quarterback, and he bends well enough to hold his ground against power. But Darrisaw stops moving his feet and occasionally lunges at the top of his set.

2390.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

21. Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 260 | Highlights

Phillips is powerful and does an excellent job of working through contact because of his long arms, heavy hands and body control. He also excelled when reduced to defensive tackle on obvious pass downs. As a run defender, he has the length and strength to set the edge, though he needs to play with better leverage.

228.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (Grade: 90)

Height: 5-10 | Weight: 215 | Highlights

The combination of initial burst and straight-line acceleration is his strongest trait, as he shows an explosive second gear when he hits daylight on the second level. Etienne is a home-run hitter in space. He is a decisive runner, especially between the tackles, and has solid contact balance.

145.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

23. Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss (Grade: 90)

Height: 5-10 | Weight: 178 | Highlights

Moore is an undersized slot receiver who reads coverages well and excels at attacking the middle of the field against zone looks. He flashes as a route runner and has the ability to separate from man. He's a hands catcher who plucks the ball out of the air, and his burst and elusiveness make him a threat after the catch. But Moore is not as dangerous downfield.

77.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

24. Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 192 | Highlights

Newsome is a scheme-versatile corner with a rare blend of length, agility and top-end speed. He has all the tools to develop into an effective press corner in the NFL, including balance and fluidity. He does an above-average job of recovering when he gets caught out of position, but he gets too grabby and physical at times. He plays through the receiver's hands and rips the ball out.

25. Jamin Davis, ILB, Kentucky (Grade: 90)

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 234 | Highlights

Davis is a long-levered and somewhat lean off-the-ball linebacker with very good speed and overall movement skills. He's a downhill run defender with a very good closing burst, showing balance and short-area quickness. He can get pushed around on occasion when reached but uses his long arms and quick feet to keep off most blocks. And he is a very reliable tackler in space. Davis is still developing recognition skills in coverage.

197.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

26. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State (Grade: 89)

Height: 6-7 | Weight: 320 | Highlights

Jenkins started mostly at right tackle but also started six times at left tackle and twice at right guard. He is a big, powerful tackle who has a wide frame to cover up defenders and consistently drives defenders off the line of scrimmage. He has solid range and shows good body control as a second-level blocker. Jenkins lacks ideal mirror-and-slide agility, but he is smooth getting set in pass pro and plays with excellent balance. He tends to hold his ground effectively against power rushers.

202.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

27. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa (Grade: 89)

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 260 | Highlights

Collins is a dynamic and versatile linebacker with a nice blend of size and top-end speed. He's tall enough to see into the backfield and track the ball, and he's quick enough to shoot gaps. He has the strength to hold his ground at the point of attack, does a good job of getting off blocks and is a heavy hitter. Collins reads the quarterback and has excellent ball skills. And he has the burst and power to make an impact as a pass-rusher. He can play inside or outside linebacker regardless of the front.

333.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

28. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (Grade: 89)

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 232 | Highlights

Harris has excellent size and decent top-end speed. He was a much more decisive runner as a senior, showing oily hips for a big back and playing light on his feet. He gets in and out of breaks quickly, has excellent ball security and is a slippery runner between the tackles, but he has acceleration limitations. As a pass-catcher, Harris has a big catch radius.

LOL.  If Darrisaw is there we take him before the VT CB.  McShay.  All I need to say.  

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Damn, I should have put down what I thought it was going to be ... Miami didn't have a 6th (neither do we) and the Dolphins 5th is before us and I didn't think our 5th was going to them for a 7th. I figured 244 was going to be swapped with 258, and here we are.

Great deal for the WFT!!

So, I found a trade up scenario I could live with. Our first plus Scherrf, plus 2022 pocket change to move us into the top 10. Normally, I hate trade ups because I worry that trading three players for one is bad odds, even more so if the one you are getting is the fourth or fifth guy taken at that position.  Still, if they got Flowers because Scherrf is not willing to negotiate a LTD then he is moveable. After while, while Scherrf is good I don't know that he's the best guard in the league and he's almost guaranteed to miss at least a quarter of every season due to injury. So, if the cost would be our first and Scherrf then I think it's costly because who knows if the QB will bust, but it might be worth a roll of the dice.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

LOL.  If Darrisaw is there we take him before the VT CB.  McShay.  All I need to say.  

Great deal for the WFT!!

That is a steal (an expensive steal contractwise, but since we didn't have to swallow the signing bonus a solid contract), but a great trade for us.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

That is a steal (an expensive steal contractwise, but since we didn't have to swallow the signing bonus a solid contract), but a great trade for us.

Not really, price wise.  Look at what the OGs that are decent are getting.  Flowers has just started to flourish as an OG and we have him under contract for 2 years and the Phins paid a good portion of his deal and we moved down a dozen spots.  :)

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

If they can somehow move him to NE that would take them off of the QB board. I think one of Lance/Fields/ Jones is going to slide. Maybe even to us at 19. Unless Chicago moves up for whoever it is. 

Seems like Fields all the way, the one moving down.  

Just now, RWJ said:

Seems like Fields all the way, the one moving down.  

Yeah from what everyone is saying its Fields who will slide down the board. I have a hard time thinking NE passes on him and Chicago doesn't try to leapfrog over us, but crazier things have happened. Now, if pick #19 comes and Fields is there and we take JOK  I will at least enjoy the absolute meltdown on this board.

Just now, Ball Security said:

That’s McShay’s rankings, not a mock.  That said, I’d be thrilled with Darrisaw available and Parsons off the board.

Sorry Ball Security.  Read  it too fast.  My bad.  Yep, give me Darrisaw 1st and if not him then JOK. 

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah from what everyone is saying its Fields who will slide down the board. I have a hard time thinking NE passes on him and Chicago doesn't try to leapfrog over us, but crazier things have happened. Now, if pick #19 comes and Fields is there and we take JOK  I will at least enjoy the absolute meltdown on this board.

Only other player I want besides JOK is Darrisaw but if he's gone I'd be with you on that.  :)  Don't want to see a meltdown but I'd sure be happy.  

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think I’d be slightly frustrated with JOK as the pick but I’d be open to his ability to grow as the Team gets to know him and find his true fit (safety or ILB or hybrid).

He has talent so at least I’d be happy with us getting a good player but... I think I’d be pretty disappointed in that pick. Then again... come draft night? Who knows.

Depends to me who is left on the board. If they picked him over Parsons, Darrisaw or one of the QB's then yeah, I would be pissed. But if he is the best player on the board then it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Sorry Ball Security.  Read  it too fast.  My bad.  Yep, give me Darrisaw 1st and if not him then JOK. 

Only other player I want besides JOK is Darrisaw but if he's gone I'd be with you on that.  :)  Don't want to see a meltdown but I'd sure be happy.  

Oh, I'd be pissed. I'd want Fields. And I think at that point the entire fan base would be expecting that as the pick and then ... JOK ... it would be mayhem haha

Chris Simms latest mock apologies if already posted: Fields falls to #32???

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/chris-simms-nfl-mock-draft-justin-fields/zr85rseup85q1hfzxo2jmyf5q

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. New York Jets – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

3. San Francisco 49ers – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

4. Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

5. Cincinnati Bengals – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

6. Miami Dolphins – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

7. Detroit Lions – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

8. Washington Football Team (Proposed trade with Carolina) – Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Chris Simms latest mock apologies if already posted: Fields falls to #32???

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. New York Jets – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

3. San Francisco 49ers – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

4. Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

5. Cincinnati Bengals – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

6. Miami Dolphins – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

7. Detroit Lions – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

8. Washington Football Team (Proposed trade with Carolina) – Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

9. Denver Broncos – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

10. Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

11. New England Patriots (Proposed trade with New York) – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

12. Philadelphia Eagles – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

13. Los Angeles Chargers – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

14. Minnesota Vikings – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT, USC

15. New York Giants (Proposed trade with New England) – Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State

16. Arizona Cardinals – Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama

17. Las Vegas Raiders – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

18. Miami Dolphins – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan

19. Carolina Panthers (Proposed trade with Washington) – Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

20. Chicago Bears – Rashawn Slater, T, Northwestern

21. Indianapolis Colts – Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami

22. Tennessee Titans – Teven Jenkins, T, Oklahoma State

23. New York Jets – Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama

25. Jacksonville Jaguars – Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington

26. Cleveland Browns – Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

27. Baltimore Ravens – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

28. New Orleans Saints – Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

29. Green Bay Packers – Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

30. Buffalo Bills – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami

31. Baltimore Ravens – Alex Leatherwood, T, Alabama

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

I'd rather have Trey Lance than Fields.  Just me.  He would be humbled to sit and learn behind Fitz.  Fields would probably pout about it.  

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Depends to me who is left on the board. If they picked him over Parsons, Darrisaw or one of the QB's then yeah, I would be pissed. But if he is the best player on the board then it is what it is. 

Not for me. I don’t love JOK’s initial fit here. I think long term he’d be a solid selection for sure. So again, I wouldn’t be mad. I recognize his value and abilities. But I’d be disappointed.

48 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There really isn't a blue chip corner this year.

So we're getting Flowers for 3 million this year?? Why wouldn't Miami just keep him to be honest?

Because they are drafting a Tackle. They just made it perfectly clear today. They will move Jackson inside and draft either Sewell or Slater at 6.

Just now, RWJ said:

I'd rather have Trey Lance than Fields.  Just me.  He would be humbled to sit and learn behind Fitz.  Fields would probably pout about.  

Here we go again with making things up about Fields again :ols:

Archived