Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What in the actual f is Chris Simms smoking lolol

I haven't studied the situation like many on here, but I think I'd want Fields over Lance if it came down to QB. I don't know that I want a QB at all, but I don't think I want someone who is as much an unknown as Lance is or is someone who may need to be rebuilt as far as mechanics go. We've been down that road with RGIII and Haskins. If you are paying that kind of premium, the QB ought to be as close to a sure thing as a draftable QB can be.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I haven't studied the situation like many on here, but I think I'd want Fields over Lance if it came down to QB. I don't know that I want a QB at all, but I don't think I want someone who is as much an unknown as Lance is or is someone who may need to be rebuilt as far as mechanics go. We've been down that road with RGIII and Haskins. If you are paying that kind of premium, the QB ought to be as close to a sure thing as a draftable QB can be.

I have no idea either way. Both have upsides and downsides. I'm okay with moving up into the top 10 for either as long as the cost isn't too much(my ceiling is 1 and 3 this year and 1 next year, maybe another mid round pick next year at the very most).

But there is no way Fields, or really any of the big 5, fall to 32. Too many QB needy teams.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd hate to be forced into that decision. You can make excellent arguments for either one. I really might have to flip a darn coin to decide. I like both a lot.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I don't want to trade up for a QB first and foremost but if we are my thoughts are how much upside would Lance bring.  I think, I say think he has more than Fields.  Just an opinion and guess.  Yes, he would need a year or two and Fitz gives us that but there is too much reporting that Fields is the WFT prize pick if they can move up.  I'd rather take OT/LB in rounds 1 and 2 and either order.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I have no idea either way. Both have upsides and downsides. I'm okay with moving up into the top 10 for either as long as the cost isn't too much(my ceiling is 1 and 3 this year and 1 next year, maybe another mid round pick next year at the very most).

But there is no way Fields, or really any of the big 5, fall to 32. Too many QB needy teams.

It's Barstool, so it's a cheeky non-serious article. But they posted a response to the Simms' mock and basically said look ... this **** happens every year. There's never been a draft with 5 QBs in the Top 10 ... and in 2018 Lamar Jackson slid all the way to #32 pick. IT was a cheeky way of saying, don't act all surprised because nobody really has any idea what's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I would be fine with any of the 5 at 19. But the only two I would even think about trading up for are gone with the first 2 picks. So I am with you. Now, I might be OK with trading to like 15 or 16 for Fields because it wouldnt cost much. But I am not trading up for Lance or Jones. 

50 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Everything I've heard on Horn is he's way too physical to thrive. He's a late hit penalty waiting to happen every game. He's got tools, but everyone I've read or spoken to sees him as crashing and burning in the NFL. 

Unless new cutups have come out for Horn, that description doesn't make sense.  I saw nothing to indicate he was an abnormally physical hitter.  He's got one highlight reel hit on a ballcarrier.  But besides that, he looks like your typical corner.

He's a corner that can do everything.  Zone, off, press man, etc.  He's good at jamming.  So that's where a physical part comes in.  If we're talking about catching/grabbing as the WR gets even with you while you're backpedaling, then a bit, but Surtain does that far more.  Surtain will sometimes grab the pads and yank to stop the WR from separating.

I haven't watched Horn in 1 month, maybe 2 months.  So maybe some new film came out.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig just now

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 3.55.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 3.56.23 PM.png

Please no to Tucker.  We just signed an OG and that's where he projects and I don't see that as wise now that we have Flowers for 2 years.  Man, how I hope Darrisaw falls into our laps at #19!!  Otherwise, let it be JOK and OT in the 2nd (best Left OT of the bunch).  Sometimes you have to draft for need and in the 2nd a LT would be there for us at #51.  

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Because they are drafting a Tackle. They just made it perfectly clear today. They will move Jackson inside and draft either Sewell or Slater at 6.

Still, while I understand the why, that’s a young line where you’re asking a guy who hasn’t played in over a year to step in and also expecting another guy to slide over and play out of position. Also, since Tua is a lefty, isn’t RT more important than LT?

Man I hope so badly that we will trade up for a QB. I would love Lance but would also like Fields. If both really slide to a point where we could trade up for a reasonable price and we do not at least try to make a move I'd be really disappointed. 

Cannot win without a QB. Got to take swings until you hit.

4 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Denver wanting Jimmy G makes a lot of sense. They have the developmental guy with tools who didn’t ready but isn’t a bust in Lock. I think they want Jones but won’t take a QB otherwise. Jimmy G is a good fit. 

Sounds like they want a vet because Peter King said if they miss out on Jimmy G they'd go after Teddy B.  Hope its either to take them out of drafting a QB. 

It's crazy the stuff flying around.  Lol

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer's mock which I can only pull from my phone has them taking Darrisaw, he mentioned in it that he knows the WFT are intrigued by Jamin Davis.

So judging by rumors, combining them all, the LBS they might have interest in:

Koramoah

Jamin Davis

Pete Werner

Jabril Cox

Keim has made references to Parsons without saying he knows they like him, so that one is hard for me to figure out. 

Feels like a heavy defense driven draft early?  LB, CB, FS?

As for offense:  LT, TE, RB, Outside receiver

Obviously the odds are something will be missed, you can't get everything you want.  But I'd be stunned if they don't pull a LB in this draft. 

I am still taking Darrisaw at 19. If he isn't there I am ignoring OL and going FS, LB, TE and then RB or WR with our first day picks

I am warming to the idea of taking Moehrig there too if there are no "droppers" and no good trade down options because I really don't love any LB's at 19.

I want Freier, Tremble or Brevin at TE

I want Parsons, Zavin, Werner, Jamin, Barnes or Cox at LB. I would add Moses if he passes medically (I consider the draft a fail without one of these guys.

Capital defense if they had a Moehrig and Barnes. If Jamin had just a little more experience I think he would be awesome. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's my guy.  I know I have some company on him on this board.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/2/

Teams high on linebacker Derrick Barnes as potential day two selection in 2021 NFL Draft

(9:55 PM ET) Purdue linebacker Derrick Barnes, a personal favorite and someone I’ve covered in glory the past six months, is getting solid day two grades from NFL teams. Many teams have eight off the ball/space linebackers stamped as day two prospects, and Barnes fits in anywhere from the late second round to the late third round, depending on the team. Most like Barnes on the inside of a 3-4 alignment and feel he can play three downs to stack against the run, cover the pass, and even stand over tackle on pass rushing downs to chase the quarterback.

I am with you SIP.he has become one of my favorite players in the draft.

On one hand I want to draft Moehrig, Samuels, Barnes,and then Rice 1,2,3,3.

Other hand I want Harris, Brevin, Tremble and Terry or Amari 

I'm so torn. There are a ton of WRs that are going to go in the 3rd I think. I'd put the over under at 10 WRs in round 3.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

On one hand I want to draft Moehrig, Samuels, Barnes,and then Rice 1,2,3,3.

Other hand I want Harris, Brevin, Tremble and Terry or Amari 

I'm so torn. There are a ton of WRs that are going to go in the 3rd I think. I'd put the over under at 10 WRs in round 3.

Or you take your second line and go Harris, Brevin or Tremble, Cisco, Terry or Amari...:great8:but I want Barne in the 3rd too

Just now, DWinzit said:

Or you take your second line and go Harris, Brevin or Tremble, Cisco, Terry or Amari...:great8:

Just seems like we can damn near pick one side and finish it. Draft 2 LBers, CB, FS, extend Allen and Payne and the defense is finished for about 3 or 4 years and you just throw late rounders at high upside guys while the offense rebuilds with a rookie QB next year.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'd rather have Trey Lance than Fields.  Just me.  He would be humbled to sit and learn behind Fitz.  Fields would probably pout about it.  

Fields reputation wise is a super nice guy.  You should watch tonight the new Hey Rookie episode.  Showcases Justin's personality quite a bit.  He comes off super nice.   Doesn't strike me as a pout kind of dude.  

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Just seems like we can damn near pick one side and finish it. Draft 2 LBers, CB, FS, extend Allen and Payne and the defense is finished for about 3 or 4 years and you just throw late rounders at high upside guys while the offense rebuilds with a rookie QB next year.

I am a defensive guy o would love that. Just see hole on the other ide that need more addressing like TE that you are usually on board with ;) 

Archived