Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I didn’t see much in Ridder that impressed me, his bowl game had some ups and downs. Probably good he’s going back to school, I’m trying to not get fooled by these second tier quarterbacks that start to pop up during the draft lol. I watched as much on Lance as I could, his mobility and big frame and accuracy is all great. Doubt he falls to us 

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

I didn’t see much in Ridder that impressed me, his bowl game had some ups and downs. Probably good he’s going back to school, I’m trying to not get fooled by these second tier quarterbacks that start to pop up during the draft lol. I watched as much on Lance as I could, his mobility and big frame and accuracy is all great. Doubt he falls to us 

I’m with you. I see the sauce in Ridder. But I don’t see the dish put together. He is smart to go back. See if he can execute the preparation and make a five star meal. 

I agree on Lance. He’s my favorite prospect not named Fields.

Just now, OVCChairman said:

oh i thought you meant we would take Rattler over Ridder in the 3rd.  You were responding to the tweet, not my post. 

Oh ya 100%. Rattler isn’t making it to round 3 when he enters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

DeShaun Watson is unhappy in Houston.  For the love of God and all that is holy, please go and get him.  He is the answer to all of our problems.

There's absolutely no way they'll trade Watson unless he literally refuses to play. And if he did that they could say they're not going to pay him. Now, he might still get his $5.4 million signing bonus each upcoming year, but even that the team might try to contest and would likely win if they decided to pursue it. 

That being said, they'd probably not want to just sit on him unless they're almost superhumanly vindictive. So in that instance if they have to decide between letting Watson sit for 3-4 years where both sides get nothing and dealing him for a couple of 1st rounders, I'm guessing they'd go with the latter.

And that would be the starting price for him. Two 1sts. Starting price. I'm guessing the end price would be closer to two 1sts and two 2nds. Or even three 1sts.

Edited by mistertim

36 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Even with Watson, wouldn't we be in the same position as Houston is now? Serious question.

They've had a good defense, have a great QB yet not much cap space and now no first round picks and many playoff exits...

What's the difference? We'd have to give up multiple first rounders and potentially some young building block players (I doubt Houston takes any less)

This coming from a guy who loves Watson but just curious. I'd love to have him here but not at the cost of our future. 

I also wonder about his agent, Mulugheta, who I believe was Haskins agent and didn't seem to be very fond of our front office.

Not at all similar. 

Houston has been decimated by a long series of bad decisions. They were 4-12 this year, WITH Watson. And he had a great year. They have a couple decent receivers, JJ watt, and a QB. They had the 30th ranked defense last year. And the 13th ranked offense, despite having a top 10 QB.  They are in a terrible position. I doubt they could replicate our defense even if we traded them three 1sts and three 2nds for Watson. 

Watson through for 4800 yards on a 70% completion rate for 33 TD’s and 7 INT’s. If you add a QB of that caliber to our team, and maybe one FA WR, we are up there with Green Bay, Seattle, and the Saints as top contenders. We aren’t 4-12.

• Like 3

Assuming we get a vet/starting QB in free agency, I would love to trade up for LB Parsons.  That would cement our D in the top 5.  Can we get from pick 19 up to about pick 9 with our first, second and fourth round picks?  Would Parsons be worth it?  This would still leave us with two third round picks that could both be used to help the offense.

Edited by ILikeBilly

10 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Assuming we get a vet/starting QB in free agency, I would love to trade up for LB Parsons.  That would cement our D in the top 5.  Can we get from pick 19 up to about pick 9 with our first, second and fourth round picks?  Would Parsons be worth it?  This would still leave us with two third round picks that could both be used to help the offense.

Parson is going top 6. Have to get up higher then 9. And no I don't think worth it. I'd rather get to like 12 and get Collins. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

Parson is going top 6. Have to get up higher then 9. And no I don't think worth it. I'd rather get to like 12 and get Collins. 

Collins is 6'4",  260 lbs and highly rated in pass coverage.  Several mocks have him available at 19.  That works for me if we have addressed QB via free agency.  Then we would need to load up on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Yup. Parsons is a better prospect in my opinion. But the difference isn't all that high and the value is better to stay back.

56 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Collins is 6'4",  260 lbs and highly rated in pass coverage.  Several mocks have him available at 19.  That works for me if we have addressed QB via free agency.  Then we would need to load up on the offensive side of the ball.

I think he is going to go before our pick. Somewhere in the 12-18 range. I agree if we get QB via free agency he would be great in our Defense.

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Parsons is a better prospect in my opinion. But the difference isn't all that high and the value is better to stay back.

I think Parsons had a lot of trouble with social media or something too. Seemed pretty immature. Collins seems like he just wants to be a great baller. I'd definitely draft Collins.

• Like 2

This board seems incredibly low on Dylan Moses and he plays a position of heavy need for us. I know our scouts probably don't like him, but in the past he would be a player I would be worried about us drafting.

Hes just never consistently in the right position, he has the toolbox but not the tool-set to go in it imo.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

There's absolutely no way they'll trade Watson unless he literally refuses to play. And if he did that they could say they're not going to pay him. Now, he might still get his $5.4 million signing bonus each upcoming year, but even that the team might try to contest and would likely win if they decided to pursue it. 

That being said, they'd probably not want to just sit on him unless they're almost superhumanly vindictive. So in that instance if they have to decide between letting Watson sit for 3-4 years where both sides get nothing and dealing him for a couple of 1st rounders, I'm guessing they'd go with the latter.

And that would be the starting price for him. Two 1sts. Starting price. I'm guessing the end price would be closer to two 1sts and two 2nds. Or even three 1sts.

With Jack Easterby slithering around down there and the influence he has anything can happen. I’m just speculating here but I wouldn’t surprised if he had input on the GM hire and Watson said enough is enough. 

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I dunno, I mean Mitch Trubisky was from UNC...

LOL I'm a lifelong UNC fan and even I remember thinking "How is Mitch getting drafted in the first round?". It took me all of two games to realize Sam could be a potential star in the NFL one day. I kept waiting for him to hit a wall his freshmen year or have a sophomore slump and he just never did. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Collins won a state championship as a starting QB.  That guy is a baller.  He is going to be very good in the NFL, especially if he's surrounded by the talent we already have.

Damn right he did, for my hometown Hominy Bucks! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

4th-5th round?    Pooka is undersized but is fast, explosive, great contact balance.  

I'm a fan of Pooka.  I think I talked a little bit about him over the summer as an intriguing late round option, and I think that's where he'll go.  Given his disappointing JR season and how tiny he is, I think late 6th or 7th is his draft range.  But that's also the range I've been drafting Max Borghi, who is probably a better talent and almost certainly a better fit for our current offense, so I would only prefer Pooka if Borghi stayed in school or got drafted way higher than his current projection.

• Like 2