Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'll say I agree about Cam or Taylor but you can't be serious about Rivers.  Jimmy isn't even close to Rivers in terms of qb(and that's going off Rivers this year).  As far as Allen vs Jimmy just using last years stats:

Jimmy: 6 games played | 67.5% Completion percentage | 1096 yards | 7td | 5Int | 7.2ayp 

Kyle: 4 Games played | 69% Completion percentage | 610 yards | 4td | 1int | 7.4ayp

They're literally the same qb which was my point.  Why would I trade for a qb and pay an enormous salary to a qb that is equal to what I already have on the team that also knows my playbook.  It makes zero sense

Well Jimmy G was a 102 QBR guy last year. That's Alex Smith in KC 2017 numbers. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'll say I agree about Cam or Taylor but you can't be serious about Rivers.  Jimmy isn't even close to Rivers in terms of qb(and that's going off Rivers this year).  As far as Allen vs Jimmy just using last years stats:

Jimmy: 6 games played | 67.5% Completion percentage | 1096 yards | 7td | 5Int | 7.2ayp 

Kyle: 4 Games played | 69% Completion percentage | 610 yards | 4td | 1int | 7.4ayp

They're literally the same qb which was my point.  Why would I trade for a qb and pay an enormous salary to a qb that is equal to what I already have on the team that also knows my playbook.  It makes zero sense

Rivers is 9 years older. He will be 40 next season and Jimmy will be 30. And I dont care what 6 game comparison between Allen and Jimmy is. Who did they play and so much plays into all that. Jimmy G is by far better then Allen. Jimmy G will be a starter for someone next year and Allen although is a solid back up he should not be starting for anyone. Oh ya and Allen having McCaffery tearing it up last season helped him tremendously also.

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise why do you think the 49'ers might cut Jimmy G? Beathard and Mullens are awful. You think they'll draft QB at 12 and start him Day 1?

Stuff I've read.  It would be contingent on SF grabbing another QB.  I've seen mixed reports on it.  It's sort of like the Stafford rumors -- some say yes, some say no.  

• Like 1

Yeah so maybe they go for one of the Matt's. Of course Stafford probably won't be available and Ryan probably can't be moved with his contract. The top 4 QB prospects are likely gone by 12. And who else would be considered a better option than Jimmy G? That's the mystifying thing about all the QB smoke. Maybe they trade up into the top 10 for Lance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise why do you think the 49'ers might cut Jimmy G? Beathard and Mullens are awful. You think they'll draft QB at 12 and start him Day 1?

I started by asking about trading for him only cause I know SF is going to try to draft Lance. Jimmy G is either available in a trade or possible he will just be released and be a free agent. 

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

I started by asking about trading for him only cause I know SF is going to try to draft Lance. Jimmy G is either available in a trade or possible he will just be released and be a free agent. 

You "know" as in confident speculation or inside info? We get folks in both buckets around here :D 

33 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Well we see players different. I think Jimmy G is a great leader and can manage a game. If needed he scan sling it. His problem has been staying healthy and thats where I am iffy about him. But he's better then any qb on out roster. And he's a better option then Cam, Tyrol Taylor or Philip Rivers which I've seen others talk about. 

Jimmy G had the exact situation in SF for their Super Bowl. Good defense, potent running game, better weapons, yet still came up small when they needed him. That’s on Kyle not trusting him in the most important situation.

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

You "know" as in confident speculation or inside info? We get folks in both buckets around here :D 

Sorry I have a great feeling about it. Growing up a s spending most my life in Northern cali i keep pretty good tabs on what's going on with SF. I think its known they want to move on. A fresh start is good for SF and Jimmy G. Really I expect the Patriots to go hard for Jimmy G

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Sorry I have a great feeling about it. Growing up a s spending most my life in Northern cali i keep pretty good tabs on what's going on with SF. I think its known they want to move on. A fresh start is good for SF and Jimmy G. Really I expect the Patriots to go hard for Jimmy G

I'd trade a 3rd in a heartbeat.

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jimmy G had the exact situation in SF for their Super Bowl. Good defense, potent running game, better weapons, yet still came up small when they needed him. That’s on Kyle not trusting him in the most important situation.

I totally understand and respect that thinking. My thinking is that he has gotten a team like ours to the Super Bowl so he has experience and only 30 next season. So maybe with that experience he can learn and grow and take our team there to win it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Kyle is a great offensive coordinator.  If they think Jimmy is just a JAG, than he is.  I’d rather roll with the cheap Kyle Allen vs Jimmy

Yeah I don't really see Jimmy G as much of an upgrade over Alex and Kyle. He's completely mediocre.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I don't really see Jimmy G as much of an upgrade over Alex and Kyle. He's completely mediocre.

I get the injury red flags, but I'm a little puzzled at how ppl are calling Jimmy G "completely mediocre" when last season he had a top 5 completion % and was #6 in TDs despite being #19 in attempts and a top 10 QBR. Yes he had an interception problem, very true. But he was also top 10 in passing 1st downs. #3 in yards gained per pass attempt. That all doesn't scream "completely mediocre" to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

Rivers is 9 years older. He will be 40 next season and Jimmy will be 30. And I dont care what 6 game comparison between Allen and Jimmy is. Who did they play and so much plays into all that. Jimmy G is by far better then Allen. Jimmy G will be a starter for someone next year and Allen although is a solid back up he should not be starting for anyone. Oh ya and Allen having McCaffery tearing it up last season helped him tremendously also.

Those numbers were from this current season so no McCaffery skewing numbers.  You don’t have to agree, your opinion is your own, but stats don’t lie.  They’re very equal in terms of talent.  

Jimmy played in that six game stretch: Arizona, Miami, Jets, Raiders, NE, Seattle

Allen played: NYG x2, Dallas, Rams

Both played defenses that hovered right near each other.  Some good/some bad

Let’s say just for the sake of argument Jimmy is slightly better, it’s not enough to go from an 8-10mil per year to a 20 mil per year qb and giving up draft capital or to even entertain that idea.  Not worth a qb that is that close to our current qb roster.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Well Jimmy G was a 102 QBR guy last year. That's Alex Smith in KC 2017 numbers. 

I will agree it was his best year as a QB, but in 4 years that’s his one anomaly season.  The other 2 are both worse than this current year before injury

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I get the injury red flags, but I'm a little puzzled at how ppl are calling Jimmy G "completely mediocre" when last season he had a top 5 completion % and was #6 in TDs despite being #19 in attempts and a top 10 QBR. Yes he had an interception problem, very true. But he was also top 10 in passing 1st downs. #3 in yards gained per pass attempt. That all doesn't scream "completely mediocre" to me.

He had a good season in 2019, I’d prefer to err on the side of caution when the data shows 3 years of similar stats in SF/when he played in NE vs 1 year in SF.

Edit: sorry not sure why my iPhone posted separately vs placing this in my previous comment

Edited by thelongestbreath