Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

1 hour ago, carex said:

you're allowed to taunt before you score

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2020-nfl-rulebook/

SECTION 3 - UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITED ACTS

There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
  2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
  3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.

:229:The Rook

On 12/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, Tarpon75 said:

Clinton used to “put em to sleep “ to quote him from a Tampa playoff game when he picked up a blitzing lb and laid him out. Maybe one of the best blocking backs of all time in the NFL.

If I remember correctly it was Sheldon Quarles or something like that.  Still one of my favorite Portis memories.  Even Portis was psyched after that hit, like he just scored a TD.  haha

5 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Nah, I'm right because I was just having fun as a fan.  The uptightness here is incredible.  I don't post long posts for any reason other than to have fun in these schitty times - and because I write to entertain (which is why I usually take the time to match up my open parenthesis "(" to a closed parenthesis ")", though it doesn't always happen, but yeah, unless you want matzah, you need to add a little levity to your bread, which is what I hope I sometimes do here.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but then I thought you might be right....I guess you fooled me with your nice explanation. I'm all for the sarcasm, keep it comin.

4 hours ago, carex said:

you're allowed to taunt before you score

Regardless of before, during or after a play I don't believe you are allowed to gesture anything towards another player.

You can do something as simple as flex on a guy, even after a play, but if you do it toward another player, your probably getting a flag. We have already seen that this season.

I'm pretty shocked Gibson was not flagged for what he did.

Your more than allowed to hold the ball up, or high-step or even do a dang backflip before getting to the endzone... but waving at someone is directional.

I remember the NBAs massive crackdown on players pointing at each other with two fingers instead of one so they would get techs b/c they were pointing "finger guns". Always saw the sarcastic comments about "finger guns hurt feelings"

7 hours ago, CurseReversed said:

If I remember correctly it was Sheldon Quarles or something like that.  Still one of my favorite Portis memories.  Even Portis was psyched after that hit, like he just scored a TD.  haha

I actually get to talk to him about that hit a couple years back at a pre-game rally in Nashville. He was still gushing over it, he lit up when I mentioned it. He said, I put him to sleep and laughed.Great guy to talk football with, very down to earth.I think you are right in regard to it being Quarles  that he hit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

I actually get to talk to him about that hit a couple years back at a pre-game rally in Nashville. He was still gushing over it, he lit up when I mentioned it. He said, I put him to sleep and laughed.Great guy to talk football with, very down to earth.I think you are right in regard to it being Quarles  that he hit. 

Thats awesome!  I saw him at an airport in miami one time and said hello, but I was too starstruck to say anything other then HTTR. I wish I would have brought that up. I know he would appreciate fans remembering the small things like that that made him great.  Glad to hear you were able to share that with him. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, tmandoug1 said:

Swag is rolling into the end zone like you've been there before and handing the ball to the ref....throwing love to your teammates, not disrespecting your opponent on National tv. The defender was already having a bad day and he punks him.  Yeah...not my world.

You have a wildly different definition of "swag" than I do lol...

For the record, this is what I'm more than ok with--love how McDermott dealt with this:

On 12/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, The Rook said:

🤔The team is 4-7 and haven't beat a good team yet.  Lets wait on the swag.  Celebrate IN the end zone - the wave was taunting.

BTW, Riggo always just tossed the ball to the ref. 

:229:The Rook

You're a rook! How the heck would you know what Riggo did :silly:

I don't mind it as a one off. If showboating becomes a staple of Gibson's game then I may feel differently. However, right now, this is a team that's felt beat up and bad about itself most of the year. They've had so little to crow about. so a little expression of joy now and then is okay in my books. But seriously, the difference between Gibson and Riggo? Gibson hasn't been there before. Even in 1981, Riggo was already a grizzled vet. Gibson, in many respects was not even a vet in college. He was never a featured player. Not sure if he was even a "star" in college.

Besides, the "bye-bye" wave made me laugh. As a fan, after decades of being Norvous, finding wins Spurious, or all positives turning out to be a Gruden, I needed it. Finally, Bye Bye Gibson or Goodbye Gibson isn't the worst name. After all, when he gets by you... it's goodbye!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but then I thought you might be right....I guess you fooled me with your nice explanation. I'm all for the sarcasm, keep it comin.

Listen fat, I was being sarcastic at first, but when I watched the replay a few times, it kinda seemed like I could make it seem like a legit explanation.  I'm just rewatching it now and it's really an interesting issue.  I need to see a view from the other side of the field, but it looks too awkward to be an intentional-from-the-start wave-off.  I think it maybe ended up that way, but I think it started out as a legit stiff arm.  You know what?  The Redskins have sucked for MOST of my adult life.  I'm thrilled with Gibson's stiff-arm technique.  In fact, I'd fine him for every wave he waives.

You know what else I noticed?  When he gets that spin move perfected, he's going to be impossible to bring down.  Usually you get power backs (run you over) or speed backs (avoid or spin out).  Thing is the D players are not used to dealing with guys Gibson's size *and* speed, so they will not be able to hold on when he wants to spin out.

The Team has a legit, top-5 WR-1.  We have a budding legit, top-5 RB-1.  We have a capable QB.  We have some above-average-to-good OL guys and a few below-average-but-not-so-bad-as-to-call-Shar-Pourdanesh guys.  Our DL is pretty good (and really effing good when you consider that everyone on the DL is a two-way player (DL and LB)) and our secondary, except FS, is fairly good.  We are 4-7 because we had no offseason, we started Haskins for 3 games or whatever it was, and then Smith didn't start until we were already in contention for a high draft pick.  We're not a bad team; we're not the same team that started out 1-and-whatever.

• Like 1