Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

Redskins select Antonio Gibson RB/WR Memphis with their #66 pick in the 2020 draft. 

HEIGHT: 6' 0", WEIGHT: 228 lbs, ARMS: 31 1/8”, HANDS: 8 5/8”

antoniogibson.jpg

usatsi_13763434-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Gibson averaged 11.2 yards per carry. He proved to be absolutely ridiculous when it came to breaking tackles. He broke 16 tackles on his 33 carries and 17 tackles on his 38 receptions, according to Pro Football Focus. Small sample size, yes, but those numbers are just insane when a broken tackle rate of 25% is shooting par. 

For more stats click HERE

HTTR!

Edited by zskins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Took him 4th rd in the ES Mock.  He's an explosive home run threat anytime he touches the ball.  Played mostly at WR but built more like a RB and breaks arm tackles.  He's got questionable vision as a RB though. When the holes weren't big he tended to run up the backs of his blockers.  But he didn't get the reps to really develop that.  Also needs to work on routes.  He'll be the KR day 1 and hopefully Turner can put in some packages for him.  He's still pretty green though but has a lot of upside.  

Edited by drowland
  • Like 2

It’s like our 21st century Kelvin Bryant. Like a pass catching RB,but even more on the catching end than the running end.

Does two things immediately for the offense. Can create matchup problems similar to the way a great receiving TE can do and seems to create big plays. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What happened to PCS ?

From the draft tracker thread PCS indicated he may not be available because he is considered an "essential worker":

On 4/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, PCS said:

Comments about the picks are to be posted in the respective threads discussing them. I'll edit in info as the draft goes on. As always,help is appreciated. I'm considered an "essential" worker so feel free to open up a "Welcome to the Redskins ______" if I'm not around or too slow. ;)  Have fun and take care. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I really like this pick. We finally have one of those explosive hybrid utility types. He's like a taller and (hopefully)more durable Chris Thompson.

That's the FIRST thing I thought too, a bigger CT that may shed tackles better. LOVE this pick!

He better be either A. An amazing RB, or B. A Wide Receiver or otherwise Ron Rivera can get out and stop trying to be Bruce Allen.

Ive never seen a team value the least valuable position on the field so much.  Every year instead of a linemen or something actually useful we add another high round RB.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Peregrine said:

He better be either A. An amazing RB, or B. A Wide Receiver or otherwise Ron Rivera can get out and stop trying to be Bruce Allen.

Ive never seen a team value the least valuable position on the field so much.  Every year instead of a linemen or something actually useful we add another high round RB.

Maybe there is less faith in Guice.