Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

I enjoy seeing all the people who don’t know who he is taking a steaming dump on the pick. 

Cant wait for their tune to change when they see this guy roll. 

You didn't get the memo? Everyone know everything and everyone - even without watching film or ever having played football outside of catch with friends.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd keep 6 RBs on roster and 4 WRs with all of that flexibility.

It's wild. Makes for a really fun strong offense that hits quick. Wish we could land our TE. TK hinted that Guise isn't a lock for the roster. I'd imagine Love starts on the IR.

In the brief clip they showed on the telecast he ran an in and the cut was not sharp at all, it was rounded like a banana and easily covered. But that was the only bad thing I saw, his speed and finding that top end gear is something that has been missing here for a long time.  Still let's not pretend this was not a gamble, he could blow up but he could just as easily bust.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

In the brief clip they showed on the telecast he ran an in and the cut was not sharp at all, it was rounded like a banana and easily covered. But that was the only bad thing I saw, his speed and finding that top end gear is something that has been missing here for a long time.  Still let's not pretend this was not a gamble, he could blow up but he could just as easily bust.  

His route running needs refinement, but with him flexing out of H or the slot the hope will be to draw backers and safeties who aren't as good in coverage. He's a matchup problem. He'll need to refine his route running to help against guys who are a bit more sticky in coverage eventually, but at the start scheming him against backers is the ideal situation.

I don't think its any more of a gamble than any other mid round selection. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His route running needs refinement, but with him flexing out of H or the slot the hope will be to draw backers and safeties who aren't as good in coverage. He's a matchup problem. He'll need to refine his route running to help against guys who are a bit more sticky in coverage eventually, but at the start scheming him against backers is the ideal situation.

I don't think its any more of a gamble than any other mid round selection. 

But there is no guarantee he can refine his route running and he hasn't show enough as a RB for us to have a read there.   While I agree there are always gambles in the third round this appears to have a much higher boom or bust than most players picked at 67.  Personally I'd have taken a flier on Jones, he's a gamble too but at least we already had players in Love and Simms to fall back on.  The OT situation here is really bad, the entire OL is a big problem with Sherff possibly a one year rental, Moses at RT, the book on Christian appears to have been written, no depth with an unproven Martin starting and we still don't know what in the world will happen at LT,

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

But there is no guarantee he can refine his route running and he hasn't show enough as a RB.   While I agree there are always gambles in the third round this appears to have a much higher boom or bust than most players picked at 67.  Personally I'd have taken a flier on Jones, he's a gamble too but at least we already had players in Love and Simms to fall back on.  The OT situation here is really bad, the entire OL is a big problem with Sherff possibly a one year rental, Moses at RT, no depth with an unproven Martin starting and we still don't know what in the world will happen at LT,

Draft isn’t over yet. Charles is out there. He is a first round talent with UDFA character issues. If Rivera likes restoration projects he could pan out nicely.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Draft isn’t over yet. Charles is out there. He is a first round talent with UDFA character issues. If Rivera likes restoration projects he could pan out nicely.

Yeah I don't hate the pick but we can only comment on the picks so far and to me this was a bigger gamble than I would have preferred at that point in the draft.  

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I don't hate the pick but we can only comment on the picks so far and to me this was a bigger gamble than I would have preferred at that point in the draft.  

I don’t know who would have been less of a gamble though, brother. I don’t think Jones is even all that good. If any receiver there I would have gone Collin Johnson, who is kind of a plodding possession guy, but a good option or Gandy Golden, who is a speedster. Both of which are just as large of gambles.

I don’t think Gibson is that big of a gamble. He’ll likely make an impact somewhere or somehow. Maybe it’s in the return game. Maybe it’s as a weapon. Maybe it’s as a RB.

Im not sold at all on our backs.

Peterson is old.

Guice is injury prone.

Love hasn’t come off PUP. 

McKissick is a weapon.

Barber is a vet, but not a great option.

Ferguson is a non factor right now. 

Even if Gibson’s upside is “good RB” I think he helps us.

having said all of that, I think he’s much more than that. But I think he’s less of a gamble than some of the other options there.

But time will tell for both of us :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

everyone loves saying a high 3rd round pick is almost a low 2nd round pick, so I get where you're coming from.

I personally love the pick, and it makes me curious what Rivera and Turner have in store for this offense. I would have loved a scenario where they ended up trading back like 5 or so spots, picked up another 4th rounder, and still managed to draft Gibson. Not saying it was possible, but that would have been nice lol...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Welcome to the Redskins Mr. Gibson. 

The biggest asset to bring is your availability.

Wishing that you remain healthy and get the opportunity to show your stuff.

We love our football over here. Will be rooting for you.

HTTR.

Based on that article posted earlier, his family members are probably long-time ES members lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Welcome to the Redskins Mr. Gibson. 

The biggest asset to bring is your availability.

Wishing that you remain healthy and get the opportunity to show your stuff.

We love our football over here. Will be rooting for you.

HTTR.

Perfectly said, Wilber!

The Rook

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

I enjoy seeing all the people who don’t know who he is taking a steaming dump on the pick. 

Cant wait for their tune to change when they see this guy roll. 

I don't think this is fair, and I didn't see anyone taking a steaming dump on the pick. I just think it's fair to point out that a player with 78 career touches and without a defined position is a bit of a gamble at this point in the draft for a team with so many needs to fill and again a team with players with similar skills already on the team.

But I do trust this management team for a change so I'm OK with the pick, just not as thrilled as most of you guys are. 

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't think this is fair, and I didn't see anyone taking a steaming dump on the pick. I just think it's fair to point out that a player with 78 career touches and without a defined position is a bit of a gamble at this point in the draft for a team with so many needs to fill and again a team with players with similar skills already on the team.

But I do trust this management team for a change so I'm OK with the pick, just not as thrilled as most of you guys are. 

Wasn’t RE: you. 

It was people in the live thread. Had no idea who he was. Urinated in his Cheerios.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Bit of a Shenault-lite going on here isn’t there. Gibson looks damn talented.

Yeah.  Similar kind of skill set.  Laviska runs with better lean and vision, he really gets down behind his pads and it makes him shiftier, whereas Gibson is an upright runner with a slashing style.  Gibson is quite a bit faster than Laviska though, and he's healthier.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Good grief he was a 3rd round pick of course he's gonna have flaws in his game. Some of you guys act like if every pick isn't a future HOF-er its not a good pick. There is value in utility hybrid gadget players.

Again I don't see anyone trashing the pick. As I said I'm not hating the pick but at this point in the draft with so many other holes and again with players will similar skills already on the roster I'm just pointing out a guy with 78 career touches is a bit more of a risk than normal with the 67th pick. But he could also be a real difference maker, I compare him more to Darren Sproles than McCaffery, which is why I am OK with the pick. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

McKissic is a WR turned RB and Gibson is a RB turned WR. Hope Love gets healthy, because those three will be a lot to account for. Sims too.

Speed kills and we have it with both of them. Gibson is explosive. Anyone interested check out the Senior Bowl and see him in action.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again I don't see anyone trashing the pick. As I said I'm not hating the pick but at this point in the draft with so many other holes and again with players will similar skills already on the roster I'm just pointing out a guy with 78 career touches is a bit more of a risk than normal with the 67th pick. But he could also be a real difference maker, I compare him more to Darren Sproles than McCaffery, which is why I am OK with the pick. 

Darrell Sproles is 5 foot six and quite a bit different player,I would say. Sproles ran  a 4.48 40  at his combine as opposed 4.39 for Gibson. Don’t know too much about Gibson but from what I’m seeing  looks like a totally different running style.

Edited by Tarpon75

11 hours ago, China said:

From the draft tracker thread PCS indicated he may not be available because he is considered an "essential worker":

Yep. Nothing major,just working retail on the floor right now(literally). Short on staff so working a lot. I'll miss today's coverage. 

On topic.  Put me in the like this pick crowd. 

• Like 1

Not a fan of the pick, considering other needs we have. I like the player, but unless he can also play T/G/TE/LB/FS or CB, this was a bad pick. If there was literally no other player we wanted in this spot, we needed to trade down, if it was possible. We have too many holes to use our 2nd pick on a 3rd down RB.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1