Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Maybe there is less faith in Guice. 

And Love...and the former Perine...and the former Jones...

RB is one of 22 starting positions, should be drafted once in every 3 years, and yet instead of 4.5% of picks, we have used 20% of our top 4 picks each year on a RB.  In today's NFL that is criminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

And Love...and the former Perine...and the former Jones...

RB is one of 22 starting positions, should be drafted once in every 3 years, and yet instead of 4.5% of picks, we have used 20% of our top 4 picks each year on a RB.  In today's NFL that is criminal.

True. Don't think Peterson will be back next year either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

He better be either A. An amazing RB, or B. A Wide Receiver or otherwise Ron Rivera can get out and stop trying to be Bruce Allen.

Ive never seen a team value the least valuable position on the field so much.  Every year instead of a linemen or something actually useful we add another high round 

Spent first round picks on linemen 5 out of the past 6 years. Used multiple picks  on middle and late round offensive and defensive lineman as well recently. One first round pick on a wide receiver in the past six drafts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Spent first round picks on linemen 5 out of the past 6 years. Used multiple picks  on middle and late round offensive and defensive lineman as well recently. One first round pick on a wide receiver in the past six drafts.

Somebody is paying attention!

• Like 4

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson!

I'm told the Redskins plan to play Memphis' Antonio Gibson as both a receiver and a back, and the expectation is that he'll practice at and learn each spot. Staff had versatile types McCaffrey and Samuel in Carolina. Hope is, Gibson will be more of a true hybrid than either.

• Like 3

Some clips from my previous watching of Gibson that I posted on other threads.   Him and Bowden IMO were the ultimate swiss army knives in this draft.  I've liked Gibson slightly ahead of Bowden.

KR-RB-WR.  YAC. Physical.  Beast of an athlete.  He is going to be the ultimate tool IMO in the backfield -- sweeps, end arouds, handoffs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, arftech said:

He's a hybrid which is a valuable toy to have in today's NFL.

Like I said as an RB it is a stupid pick. WR it is a smart pick. Hybrid is a fancy way of saying he doesn't have a true position. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Makes way more sense as a WR

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Like I said as an RB it is a stupid pick. WR it is a smart pick. Hybrid is a fancy way of saying he doesn't have a true position. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Makes way more sense as a WR

It works when you have a new regime with plans for him and non existent or predictable running backs.