Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

49 minutes ago, zskins said:

Plus we have McLaurin, Harmon and AGG (now). I am already starting to salivate now....lol

But the biggest and the most important variable in all of this is Haskins. Hopefully he can deliver. 

Also, don't lose sleep on Jonathan Bryce Love in this mix, if healthy.  Home run hitters at multiple positions. We can become a very dynamic offense if it all comes together. Haskins is the key though, absolutely. Also, on a sidebar, if Ruben Foster heals it will be a huge boost for our defense. I look for that more in 2021, if it occurs at all, but it would be amazing. Hail

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StepyagameuP said:

I always wonder if our medical staff screwed Sua over too just like TW? I dont think he was a headcase. He was very smart and he got concussed/hurt, then he needed glasses cause his recovery probably sucked and he may have been misdiagnosed. Then discredited and quickly traded! WOW! I would be pissed if that were me too..

No, he was a head case. Disappeared for no reason. Had the same issue in college. You can hear him in a conversation with Will Compton that he wasn't really into it. It's not like he went to Denver and was a blockbuster. Dude played 5 games before they booted him. 

Does that mean the medical staff was perfect/ No. But Sua's biggest problem was between his ears. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You can hear him in a conversation with the teammate (can;t remember who Trent Murphy maybe) that he wasn't really into it. 

It was Will Compton. He was digging in to try to figure this cat out, football wise. Loved Will's attitude. Good guy. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No, he was a head case. Disappeared for no reason. Had the same issue in college. You can hear him in a conversation with the teammate (can;t remember who Trent Murphy maybe) that he wasn't really into it. It's not like he went to Denver and was a blockbuster. Dude played 5 games before they booted him. 

Does that mean the medical staff was perfect/ No. But Sua's biggest problem was between his ears. 

3 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

It was Will Compton. He was digging in to try to figure this cat out, football wise. Loved Will's attitude. Good guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Also, don't lose sleep on Jonathan Bryce Love in this mix, if healthy.  Home run hitters at multiple positions. We can become a very dynamic offense if it all comes together. Haskins is the key though, absolutely. Also, on a sidebar, if Ruben Foster heals it will be a huge boost for our defense. I look for that more in 2021, if it occurs at all, but it would be amazing. Hail

We'll have to see if the Skins pick up Foster's 5th year option in the next couple weeks.  With his injury history I'm guessing they won't and he'll be UFA after the season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drowland said:

We'll have to see if the Skins pick up Foster's 5th year option in the next couple weeks.  With his injury history I'm guessing they won't and he'll be UFA after the season.  

Forgot about that. Hope springs eternal, but you are probably correct. A shame. 

2 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

6-0/228 (before an NFL weight program), 4.39, and hybrid WR/RB?  This screams reverse.  Did the Skins retire #44?

What I love is the attention Gibson will garner from the defense. Then Terry is all alone catching bombs from Haskins after all the misdirection.

• Like 2

Will we see Gibson lining up in the I formation? I highly doubt it but I can see him lining up all over the field. Who cares what label we give him? Just find ways to get the ball in his hands and let’s see what he does. Besides Tmac we had no homerun threat besides a couple of Sims runs. I hope Harmon gets better this year but he’s limited. This guy’s ratio of tds to touches in college was amazing. Let’s hopehe can do it for us. 

41 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Will we see Gibson lining up in the I formation? I highly doubt it but I can see him lining up all over the field. Who cares what label we give him? Just find ways to get the ball in his hands and let’s see what he does. Besides Tmac we had no homerun threat besides a couple of Sims runs. I hope Harmon gets better this year but he’s limited. This guy’s ratio of tds to touches in college was amazing. Let’s hopehe can do it for us. 

I remember one year it was as if every Santana Moss WR screen went for big yardage. Nice to have Gibson and Simms both capable threats with the ball in their hands.

13 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So he’s a RB in the NFL, right?

Scares me we drafted someone as high as the 3rd round and we don't even know how he's going to contribute. He seems like a play maker, though. He'd probably get far more snaps at WR than RB, given our current stable of players.

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Scares me we drafted someone as high as the 3rd round and we don't even know how he's going to contribute. He seems like a play maker, though. He'd probably get far more snaps at WR than RB, given our current stable of players.

I'd wager somebody knows.

I'm certain under a coach-first regime, the players are selected purposefully (with scheme in mind).  Whether it will translate to wins or not remains to be seen, but we've moved on from the disconnect between those shopping for the groceries and those cooking the meal as they are now one in the same.

Edited by Bifflog
elaboration
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

WE don't know...I am guessing the coaching staff has some ideas, though. 

6 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I'd wager somebody knows.

I'm certain under a coach-first regime, the players are selected purposefully (with scheme in mind).  Whether it will translate to wins or not remains to be seen, but we've moved on from the disconnect between those shopping for the groceries and those cooking the meal as they are now one in the same.

Beat me to it lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

The offensive coordinator specifically wanted this exact player, because he is a Run CMC type, but bigger and faster and knows exactly how to use him. 

I assume the "we" doesn't mean the team though. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I like this kid.  Does anyone know why he got so few touches in college?

He was a JUCO transfer.

1st year at Memphis they had 2 1,000 yd rushers (Darrell Henderson had 1,900 and was the Rams 3rd rd pick) and ran way more than threw it...but he still didn't do much...don't know why.

Next year he had 71 touches. Their #1 WR had 76 touches. And again they ran more than they threw it. 

I think they just spread the ball around a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1