Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

'So you're saying there's a chance!'

He's not going to play vs SF.  When you over stretch ligaments, it's kind of like the old Stretch Armstrong toy...they don't snap back into proper tension to provide the stabilization that they're designed for.  It takes time for them to heal up and become stable again.  Since this is December and they're playing crucial games each week, you can give treatments that will mask the pain.  They can tape up the joint to provide limited range of motion.  Ultimately he could be back for Seattle in a relatively moderate - low risk scenario.

I would hope that the MRI showed moderate inflammation and no gradable tears.  You can't give repeated pregame cortisone injections without causing permanent damage. They'd save that for a last ditch effort on such a young player.  He won't have much of any dropoff if he gets a cortisone shot.  If he has pain, he won't be the same player.  

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Marcus “Big Daddy” Baugh is intriguing. Kind of got lost with all the WR talent at OSU but  Scary Terry speaks highly of him.

He’s 6’ 4” 250ish and ran a 4.8 at the combine. Has 10” which is nice size for a receiver.

You missed out the word "hands" (at least I hope you missed out the word "hands"). :silly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

22 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Marcus “Big Daddy” Baugh is intriguing. Kind of got lost with all the WR talent at OSU but  Scary Terry speaks highly of him.

He’s 6’ 4” 250ish and ran a 4.8 at the combine. Has 10” which is nice size for a receiver.

So Marcus has some dog in him. He's young and probably needs to develop a bit more. I actually see him being opposite Logan next year. 

45 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

NEXT MAN UP!!!!!

Next man invest in some steel toe cleats. 

5 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Yes, that is a nice size... but I hate it because my junk rests in the blue water when I go poo in an airplane. 

LOL

• Haha 3

Faaaaa I made my Fantasy playoffs have a bye but am not sure I can trust Gibson in week 15 regardless.

I doubt Warren will vault Babar who I see getting more of the Gibson role over McKissic. CT would pinch hit and tote the mail but that was under different management. Shanahan would just play whoever looked good in practice. Gruden, whoever wasn't hanging with his....  Rivera... who knows.

Edited by RandyHolt

On 12/9/2020 at 3:22 PM, London Kev said:

You missed out the word "hands" (at least I hope you missed out the word "hands"). :silly:

That's not the only "freudian" slip in there.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean we just beat the last undefeated team without him so...

We sure did. I do not doubt that many things are possible in a single game scenario, sort of like when the backup QB comes in and all of a sudden things open up a bit. 

But I believe that over the home stretch,  we are a worse team offensively without him in the lineup.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:14 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I'll keep doing this in regards to Barber.

"If you need 3 yards, I'll get you 4. I'f you need 5 yards, I'll get you 4" Leon Hoard. It's my favorite football quote.

That is a self-aware man.

I'm kind of partial to Dexter's "I'm going to ring his clock" - which he did, knocking Danny White out in one of the greatest games in WFT history.

BTW, if you watch replays of Darryl Grant's pick-6 on the play that sealed the game, he had a clear shot at Hogeboom but he backed off because he realized Hoge would get the pass off to Dorsett who was in screen mode.  So Darryl holds up and actually steps back a bit while Dexter comes FLYING in and skies to tip the ball.  It came down right in Grant's hands.  He did not drop his right-now moment and high-stepped into the endzone.  I'd kind of like to see Sweat play DT on short passing downs where you're protecting against something over the middle.  Montez Swat.

• Like 2