Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris, Gibson and McKissic is ridiculous. An inline TE too in this draft. 

I 1000 times want a potentially young franchise QB over another spot in this draft especially with Alex mentoring said dude. Assuming its the right dude.

But if I had to go plan B and they can get Sewell, he's a beast of a run blocker.  He's sort of the reverse of Trent IMO.  Trent I thought was a better pass blocker than mauler in the run game.  Trent had his mauler moments in the run game but I don't think he was as consistent on that front as he was a pass blocker.   Sewell is a Norwell level run blocker IMO, killer good on that front, and is a good but IMO not special pass blocker.  The dude IMO is a mauler of a run blocker so not taking heavy advantage of that I think would be a waste.  So if you draft him and bring back Scherff.  Then you add a gritty runner like N. Harris. A blocking TE like Ferguson.  Then you got it cooking. 

That would sort of create an identity similar to the Titans.  I don't think that would make them a great team but I'd think they'd be good -- in an old school kind of way.   An ex-Gm was recently talking about this offense on the radio and said he thinks this offense is missing an identity.  And again my #1 desire is a franchise QB (Fields or Wilson) but if that doesn't go down, I'd go heavy with some type of formula like this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I 1000 times want a potentially young franchise QB over another spot in this draft especially with Alex mentoring said dude. Assuming its the right dude.

But if I had to go plan B and they can get Sewell, he's a beast of a run blocker.  He's sort of the reverse of Trent IMO.  Trent I thought was a better pass blocker than mauler in the run game.  Trent had his mauler moments in the run game but I don't think he was as consistent on that front as he was a pass blocker.   Sewell is a Norwell level run blocker IMO, killer good on that front, and is a good but IMO not special pass blocker.  The dude IMO is a mauler of a run blocker so not taking heavy advantage of that I think would be a waste.  So if you draft him and bring back Scherff.  Then you add a gritty runner like N. Harris. A blocking TE like Ferguson.  Then you got it cooking. 

That would sort of create an identity similar to the Titans.  I don't think that would make them a great team but I'd think they'd be good -- in an old school kind of way.   An ex-Gm was recently talking about this offense on the radio and said he thinks this offense is missing an identity.  And again my #1 desire is a franchise QB (Fields or Wilson) but if that doesn't go down, I'd go heavy with some type of formula like this. 

I don't think we're drafting that high. I think we finish outside the top 10 by a good margin. I could be wrong of course, but Smith will only win us more games. It's what he does. I think that will do wonders for the team and all the young players we have. Especially with a large purse courting FAs next season.

I'm secretly happy picking in the middle though. Makes things more exciting and I hate caring about the QB position.  :ols: 

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Is AP remaining quiet while getting limited carries with the Lions or is he complaining?

It may be time to  throw away the "AP will throw a fit if he's not getting enough carries because of four years ago" narrative.

C'mon man, you know peterson's role with the lions has been a lot bigger than barbers role here, which would've been peterson's role had he stayed.  Peterson has double the number of carries, and barber has 6 games with 3 carries or less.  Your argument that peterson not complaining with his twice as large a workload in detroit means he wouldn't have complained with half the carries here makes no sense.

• Like 1

I think we're going to find ourselves way out of the QB sweepstakes now. I think we win a few more.

We may even be out of the Parsons sweepstakes at this point. 

In large part due to Antonio Gibson. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think we're going to find ourselves way out of the QB sweepstakes now. I think we win a few more.

I think he's really starting to get the hang of this RB thing, huh?

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I liked the dude coming out, I defended the pick here... But man I didn't even see this coming. 

You and sip loved the pick and that was good enough for me to buy in, but got dang man.

Early in the season I started calling him a big fast Faulk type. Like Edge I suppose. 

I bought right in and this kid is special. His change of direction speed and power is just unmatched. It's faster than I can snap my fingers, he can swing 220lbs and shoot right up to full speed. It's insane. The first guy almost always misses. His college tape seemed like an absurd long shot to translate, but I am leading the parade for this fan club.

• Like 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

You and sip loved the pick and that was good enough for me to buy in, but got dang man.

Early in the season I started calling him a big fast Faulk type. Like Edge I suppose. 

I bought right in and this kid is special. His change of direction speed and power is just unmatched. It's faster than I can snap my fingers, he can swing 220lbs and shoot right up to full speed. It's insane. The first guy almost always misses. His college tape seemed like an absurd long shot to translate, but I am leading the parade for this fan club.

Three weeks ago McKissick was still overall our best back. Gibson's pass pro and vision weren't quite there yet.

It's there. It's definitely there. Sorry McKissick, I still like you... But Gibson is our top back and its really not close.

• Like 4

On 4/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, Warhead36 said:

I really like this pick. We finally have one of those explosive hybrid utility types. He's like a taller and (hopefully)more durable Chris Thompson.

Feels good to be right once in a while 

On 4/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, Warhead36 said:

A better comparison might be Alvin Kamara who was also a 3rd round pick

Told yall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

well, Lamar Jackson fell to 32 and would have gone into the second round if Baltimore hadn't traded up to get him and that fifth year option

38 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

If we close out the season strongly, we could have O ROTY, D ROTY,  come back player of the year and coach of the year.

There is 0 chance Gibson wins OROTY. Justin Herbert has it locked up.

Young might be the favorite for DROTY but there are a few other guys who could get it.

Gibson is 355 yards from hitting 1K with 5 more games to go.

Earlier in the season I said I liked our RB combo of Gibson, Barber, and Mckissic. Each one gives their own contribution to the running game. I like the way Barber gives us a first down on 3rd or 4th and short. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Gibson is 355 yards from hitting 1K with 5 more games to go.

Earlier in the season I said I liked our RB combo of Gibson, Barber, and Mckissic. Each one gives their own contribution to the running game. I like the way Barber gives us a first down on 3rd or 4th and short. 

1000 yards and 10+ TDs is way more than I ever would have expected from Gibson this season. I expected something like 600/500, his growth over the course of the season has been fantastic to watch. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 6

He’s having a dynamic rookie season and still hasn’t learned how to run when the QB is under center or be used in the pass game (you can see he has loads of potential here for Turner to explore and use). 

He’s uniquely dynamic in the gun, he can pop one and grind out tough yards, which has great value in this formation. 

• Like 3