Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

7 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Has anyone noticed that Gibson has a very fluid running style?  When I watch him run it looks like he isnt very fast but no one seems to be able to catch him.  I think he speed really confuses defenders and kinda luls them to sleep then he blows by them.  

Someone brought it up something in the Terry Mclaurin thread about elite economy of movement (I forget who it was, but you mentioned james worthy) . Gibson has that also. He isn't just an exceptional athlete, but he moves in a very smart way. Thats not just speed, but when and how he uses power, jump cuts, and his speed. 

Economy of movement is not something your average NFL fan thinks about, when I was competitive in basketball it was something we were taught all the time in. Once you get theat deep deep in your muscle memory its a powerful thing, it is honed through hard work and only smart hard work. Guys that are super fast and agile, strong, powerful and know how to be smart with their power, and have elite economy of movement? Good lord. 

Its like a barbarian and a mastr assassin. 

I'm not saying Gibson is a master (I think Mclaurin is already.. but nowhere near his final form) but Gibson obviously cares to work really hard.

Its like how some QBs are slower than other QBs in a sprint, but their 3 step drops are so fast. There have been a few QBs who have been able to do both (along with the laundry list of other things a QB must be good at) 

• Like 2

I love Gibson running outside. I feel like the first half of the season he was used up the gut almost exclusively.  2 games ago, he was killing it outside.  Maybe it was a pigment of my imagination but we kinda suuuuuck ass on toss sweeps over the past decade.... like we don't do them. 

Probably from Shanny days I love seeing the zone stretch runs left, and then right. Get those fat ass DL running sideline to sideline and go hurry up on them for 3rd down (something the beaver refused to even try). With the hands Gibson has, we don't have to trot him off every passing down and slow play and let the D sub in fresh DL. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I love Gibson running outside. I feel like the first half of the season he was used up the gut almost exclusively.  2 games ago, he was killing it outside.  Maybe it was a pigment of my imagination but we kinda suuuuuck ass on toss sweeps over the past decade.... like we don't do them. 

Probably from Shanny days I love seeing the zone stretch runs left, and then right. Get those fat ass DL running sideline to sideline and go hurry up on them for 3rd down (something the beaver refused to even try). With the hands Gibson has, we don't have to trot him off every passing down and slow play and let the D sub in fresh DL. 

Not to be a downer, but Gibson seems atrocious with stretch/zone run concepts, especially when under center. It seems Turner and staff have attempted to keep teams honest with outside runs through use of pitches and sweeps. 

21 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not to be a downer, but Gibson seems atrocious with stretch/zone run concepts, especially when under center. It seems Turner and staff have attempted to keep teams honest with outside runs through use of pitches and sweeps. 

Hey i was the original debbie downer postulating that maybe our run blocking had a big hand in his huge game and nice run of late.  Did you see those outside runs from what seems like 2 weeks ago? Maybe they were run from gun.

I hate how so many coaches make their QBs spend so much time under center. It seems so dated. The QB has to squat stick his hand under a sweaty ass and being so close to the LOS cannot see nearly as well. And then running away from where he is trying to throw, facing the sideline chin over his shoulder. We all know defenses attack at the LOS more than ever and a QBUC has to run for his life vs a QB in gun throwing his hot and never getting close to getting killed by the LBs shooting the As.

I remember being annoyed that Jay refused to run Perine from pistol, the only formation he had ever done well in. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2020 at 7:47 PM, tmandoug1 said:

I would prefer not to see the waving BS........be humble young man.....be strong.

in most other games, sure...but I'm all for instilling some vigor and brashness back into the rivalry with the Cowboys and their fans. He's already making them hate Zeke even more lol...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

in most other games, sure...but I'm all for instilling some vigor and brashness back into the rivalry with the Cowboys and their fans. He's already making them hate Zeke even more lol...

Yes.  Plus, it was the first play after the fake punt, and I think the WFT may have felt a bit disrespected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Not a fan of it.......new culture. Loved how Alfred Morris handled it. But thats just me.....

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 1

Gibson had the LeBron celebration in their first meeting. He seems especially enthused to rub salt into dallas wounds.

The in play taunting is a bit much (should have been flagged) but at least he keeps the TD celebrations somewhat in check. He's not going full blown Juju. Have not seen choreographed skits as of yet.

Edited by FootballZombie

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

We need to hire portis to teach our rbs how to block lol

Clinton used to “put em to sleep “ to quote him from a Tampa playoff game when he picked up a blitzing lb and laid him out. Maybe one of the best blocking backs of all time in the NFL.

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I got no issue at all with Gibson having swag We need more guys with swag. People forget those great Redskin teams had guys like Riggo, Manley, Clark etc. who were arrogant as hell but could back it up.

🤔The team is 4-7 and haven't beat a good team yet.  Lets wait on the swag.  Celebrate IN the end zone - the wave was taunting.

BTW, Riggo always just tossed the ball to the ref. 

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I got no issue at all with Gibson having swag We need more guys with swag. People forget those great Redskin teams had guys like Riggo, Manley, Clark etc. who were arrogant as hell but could back it up.

Swag is rolling into the end zone like you've been there before and handing the ball to the ref....throwing love to your teammates, not disrespecting your opponent on National tv. The defender was already having a bad day and he punks him.  Yeah...not my world.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

We need to hire portis to teach our rbs how to block lol

Portis could probably make bank running a blocking seminar for RBs.  He could probably teach our OL something.

As for Gibson, that wasn't really taunting.  He was putting his arm out there to protect himself (stiff arm) but then realized while his hand was hanging out there in mid-air that he had out-run the defender.  His arm was already outstretched and his hand was already in position to wave.  Gibson was just pulling his hand back in.  The wave was really more a mechanical thing than a taunt.  If defender had done his job, defender would have been eating knuckle sandwich.  Instead he gets a wave-off.  That's not a penalty.

Edited by GothSkinsFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Portis could probably make bank running a blocking seminar for RBs.  He could probably teach our OL something.

As for Gibson, that wasn't really taunting.  He was putting his arm out there to protect himself (stiff arm) but then realized while his hand was hanging out there in mid-air that he had out-run the defender.  His arm was already outstretched and his hand was already in position to wave.  Gibson was just pulling his hand back in.  The wave was really more a mechanical thing than a taunt.  If defender had done his job, defender would have been eating knuckle sandwich.  Instead he gets a wave-off.  That's not a penalty.

You must be right because he wasn't penalized but it sure did look like a goodbye wave to most of us. 

6 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Yeah, it did look to me that the defender misjudged Gibson's speed and took too steep of an angle.  Gibson blew right by him.  I think the proper angle would have had them meeting at about the two yard line or so.  Chances are he still would have scored. 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

You must be right because he wasn't penalized but it sure did look like a goodbye wave to most of us. 

Nah, I'm right because I was just having fun as a fan.  The uptightness here is incredible.  I don't post long posts for any reason other than to have fun in these schitty times - and because I write to entertain (which is why I usually take the time to match up my open parenthesis "(" to a closed parenthesis ")", though it doesn't always happen, but yeah, unless you want matzah, you need to add a little levity to your bread, which is what I hope I sometimes do here.

• Like 1