Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what is this? Is it like a park simulation? 

Yeah Jurassic Park simulation basically. Build a park to house dinos and open it to the public. Fun for me and not too stressful so far, although I think it's supposed to get tougher as you go.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1

Been playing some Jedi Fallen Order and Final Fantasy 7 remake on the ps4 recently.  Good stuff.  (Although I didn’t realize there would be quite so much jumping in the Jedi game.).  I’ve been playing some Oder games on my computer like Shogun 2, which was free to buy a few days ago, and some JRPGs on psnow.

I also started running a Starfinder (Attack of the Swarm) campaign on fantasy grounds for my family, since my dad has been wanting to play for a while.  Mom wanted to play for her birthday on Friday and today for Mother’s Day.  I’m always excited and happy to run a campaign as long as I have time to prepare first.  A little worn out now though, lol.  

Of course we’ve all been doing a lot of different  cooking and lots of work around the house and our yard. Oh yeah, also did some reading and editing earlier in the week.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 3

Anyone else being gouged using instacart or other personal shoppers? 

We had been using Insta cart, but a couple weeks ago they stopped including receipts. Then they stopped giving us any sales prices. Now they go a step further. We dont even get what we order. Instead of getting a package of yogurts for 3.99, we get one yogurt for 5.99. Then when we jump through the hoops and get to first in line for customer service, we get hung up on. After sitting through again, we finally get a customer service rep who points to the clause that says Insta cart prices may not be thw stores prices. Now wonder they will no longer include the store receipts. After 90 min online, we are refunded the yogurt cost. However, all the other uncharted remain, like the watermelon that jumps from 3.99 to 6.99.  I understand taking a percentage plus the tip, but at a certain point, it is crazy. The hiding the actual costs is also in f under-handed. 

Is there a better alternative?

50 minutes ago, gbear said:

They're not gouging you in that way, the gouging is in the delivery fee and the additional% they charge for their service.

The price discrepancies you're describing are data/communication problems between the physical grocery store and Instacart.

I.e. 

Online grocery isn't sophisticated enough to get you the price on the shelf. The $3.99 yogurt was probably on sale when you clicked order but it probably went off sale when your order was physically picked, or when your order was delivered. Or it went off sale/changed price 5 seconds after your clicked order.

Either way, you're assuming the data is dynamic as in the grocery store sets a price and Instacart gets that immediate price to sell to you but its not the case. They might update their database once a day, once a week, once an hour.... etc. 

All the services don't run the same, some have their own warehouses, but you will find this problem across the board. So long story short, you should pick the one with the best customer service because the only way to deal with these issues are to get a refund from an actual human.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Add enough "but two bucks" up, and it equals "oh 💩"...for some, anyway. 

Very true. I've always said that if I thought there was a potential for me to be homeless, I would just take the rest of the money I had left and go to somewhere warm climate Beach weather and just live. I'm not going to worry about $2 99% of the time. I'm certainly not going to invest my time into chasing $2. Cost me more than $2 in time and probably money also.

5 hours ago, gbear said:

Anyone else being gouged using instacart or other personal shoppers? 

We had been using Insta cart, but a couple weeks ago they stopped including receipts. Then they stopped giving us any sales prices. Now they go a step further. We dont even get what we order. Instead of getting a package of yogurts for 3.99, we get one yogurt for 5.99. Then when we jump through the hoops and get to first in line for customer service, we get hung up on. After sitting through again, we finally get a customer service rep who points to the clause that says Insta cart prices may not be thw stores prices. Now wonder they will no longer include the store receipts. After 90 min online, we are refunded the yogurt cost. However, all the other uncharted remain, like the watermelon that jumps from 3.99 to 6.99.  I understand taking a percentage plus the tip, but at a certain point, it is crazy. The hiding the actual costs is also in f under-handed. 

what would they do if you just disputed the credit card charge?

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

They're not gouging you in that way, the gouging is in the delivery fee and the additional% they charge for their service.

The price discrepancies you're describing are data/communication problems between the physical grocery store and Instacart.

While there is a possibility that it may come into play, failing to provide receipts is awful suspicious.

To pass the time tie some of your wife’s hair ties together. You gotta do it right because usually they come undone easily, they’re designed that way. But if hold the two loops for by side and take the inside sides and twist them around each other then grab one loop from one and one from the other and pull they get all sorts of knotted up. Then just grab 2 loose loops and double tie them. The. Grab the other 2 loops and just pull hard. 

it takes a try or two to get it. 

it passes the time and later, at some point when you don’t expect it, you get some hilarious minutes of entertainment