Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Wasn't sure where to put this.  It's an interview with a co-founder of meal subscription service Blue Apron and the CEO of Cooks Venture, which raises, processes, and sells heritage, pasture-raised chickens. It's his take on some of the problems with our meat supply & breeding animals. He explains why there was a hit to the meat food supply chain when the processors shut down. Towards the end he talks about animal breeds & pharmaceuticals with some pretty graphic comments.

I spent a lot of time working with meat processors (slaughterhouses & downstream food companies) so it was an interesting read for me. Confirmed some things I was thinking.  

https://www.eater.com/2020/5/11/21254684/how-the-pandemic-exposed-the-cracks-in-our-industrial-meat-system

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

You can't help but notice that chicken breasts, which used to be one of my go to meats, have become humongous, rubbery tasteless hunks of converted feed.

Yep..once people discovered chicken thighs they've pretty much become the same thing as breasts. AND the price has probably tripled in the past 5 years. 

16 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yep..once people discovered chicken thighs they've pretty much become the same thing as breasts. AND the price has probably tripled in the past 5 years. 

Spot on post.

It's like everyone has "discovered" those cheap cuts, and now they're priced accordingly.  Same thing has happened over the years to brisket, skirt steak and flank steak.

• Like 3

Man...someone give me something to do.  Every day is the same.  Highlight today was buying chocolate chip cookies at Whole Foods, which are amazing, then being questioned by the guard at the entrance to see my receipt, while every other shopper walked by interrupted.  I wanted to bash her face in.  I'm about to join some dating sites just to talk to some people....only to have nowhere to go to for a date because every restaurant is closed and I don't feel like a "creative" date where we have a picnic at a park or something stupid like that.  I want my girlfriend back.  I wish I liked doing drugs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Man...someone give me something to do.  Every day is the same.  Highlight today was buying chocolate chip cookies at Whole Foods, which are amazing, then being questioned by the guard at the entrance to see my receipt, while every other shopper walked by interrupted.  I wanted to bash her face in. 

I bet this  is why you were stopped in the first place 🙂. Maybe you just give off the aura of a shmuck that wants to bash women's faces in.

Purposefully wanted to hold you up a bit, just to give the girl you have tied up in your trunk more time to call for help. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Blake Snell can go **** all the way off.

Counterpoint...MLB teams are extremely profitable year after year.  Is kneecapping every employee under contract the only way for them to survive a single down year?  Does that sound like a fair business practice?  To keep all the profits and let your employees carry all the losses?

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Counterpoint...MLB teams are extremely profitable year after year.  Is kneecapping every employee under contract the only way for them to survive a single down year?  Does that sound like a fair business practice?  To keep all the profits and let your employees carry all the losses?

Counterpoint:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Had a doctor appt. This annoying guy, kept telling patients not wearing masks the virtue of wearing  masks.

Stopped by a local mall that had biggest stores open.Food court had Chinese and Chik-fil-a open. Waiting on my order to eat in sparse food court. Definitely only 25% capacity and tables are 6 feet apart.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How is a 50/50 revenue split letting the employees carry all of the losses?

I would ****ing love if the owners of my company split the profits 50/50 with the worker bees. 

Owners get profits/losses.

Workers get wages.

Thank you coming to my TED Talk.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Owners get profits/losses.

Workers get wages.

Thank you coming to my TED Talk.

Not all workers get wages.  Replaceable cogs get wages.  Workers whose performance creates the profits tend to get performance-based pay.  

Than you for coming to Business Administration 101. 

• Sad 1