Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

A lot of people don't seem to know how to properly wear a mask. Also, a lot of people don't seem to care anymore. 

I’ve seen quite a few one strap over the head (think swim goggles) with the other strap flapping in the breeze down by the Adam’s apple.

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

I’ve seen quite a few one strap over the head (think swim goggles) with the other strap flapping in the breeze down by the Adam’s apple.

those people are ****heads.

(I’m totally guilty of that)

Edited by Hersh

PSA: All NBC platforms & channels are broadcasting "Graduate Together", a virtual ceremony with President Barack Obama as the keynote speaker at 8pm. I encourage everyone to watch, get misty, and remember what competence and dignity of the office looks like. 

I'll be a blubbering mess before he finishes his first sentence. ❤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its not that hard nor is it that much of an inconvenience to just wear a damn mask. I don't understand people raging about it. "But muh freedomz!" yes but we as a society have the right to implement laws for the good of the community. Same reason you wear a seat belt and aren't allowed to drink and drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not that hard nor is it that much of an inconvenience to just wear a damn mask. I don't understand people raging about it. "But muh freedomz!" yes but we as a society have the right to implement laws for the good of the community. Same reason you wear a seat belt and aren't allowed to drink and drive.

I think about my grandparents that lived through WWI, the Spanish Flu, The Great Depression, WWII (including rationing), etc, toughing it out and doing what needed to be done, but it's too much for people to stay home most of the time and then wear a mask when they do go out.   Bunch of damn snowflakes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My  grandmother used to tell me about the rationing, you had to turn in your old toothpaste tube in order to buy a new one (the metal tubes before our crappy addiction to plastic 🤬). Absolutely everything was for the war effort. 

Snowflakes, indeed. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

My  grandmother used to tell me about the rationing, you had to turn in your old toothpaste tube in order to buy a new one (the metal tubes before our crappy addiction to plastic 🤬). Absolutely everything was for the war effort. 

Snowflakes, indeed. 

many years ago, I watched a How It's Made episode that covered Toothpaste tubes.  They were made out of metal.

https://www.journalnow.com/news/local/federal-judge-rules-indoor-worship-services-can-resume-in-north-carolina/article_37158723-01b3-52b8-9eaf-af1458b23674.html

Federal judge rules indoor worship services can resume in North Carolina

A federal judge issued a temporary restraining order Saturday allowing indoor worship services to resume in North Carolina until a hearing can be held later this month.

The order, issued by Judge James C. Dever III — a President George W. Bush appointee — states Gov. Roy Cooper’s executive order banning indoor worship services with more than 10 people is in violation of the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment.

• Sad 1

Yesterday, my family and I got to visit our neighbor (maintaining social distances) so we could see the baby flying squirrel they found in their yard.  I didn't know we had those in MD.  However, google lens agreed that it was a baby fly squirrel.

0517201500.thumb.jpg.dc7b4fc99140b3b81bc7710fb907cc79.jpg

• Like 5