Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Nope, these are trying times, time for humans to show some humanity. This virus is something never seen before. I definitely think that we should be supporting bottom up rather than top down. The ones at the top don't need it. I've asked this question before: how many millions/billions does one really need when minimum wage is only $7 something an hour, it doesn't pay rent in any state let alone feed families and care for children, substandard healthcare, and so on. 

We are all responsible for our choices in life, we shouldn't have to live in extreme poverty when there are those with millions/billions. It's insane.

Now I feel bad :(

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Now I feel bad :(

Don't feel bad, I made choices that resulted in owing the IRS a ton of money so that when I sold my house I didn't net a cent. I don't blame anyone but myself. I am glad that I can pay rent, bills, and eat on Social Security.

I definitely don't want Republicans raiding Social Security, Medicare, and the rest of the social support network to give more money to millionaires/billionaires.  They don't need it. And We the People shouldn't support these trickle down policies, or as Bush 41 called it Voodoo economics before he didn't.

We really are in control of our country, if only we exercise that power.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I developed a massive headache and a mild fever last night.  I’ve had those exact symptoms at least a dozen times in my life, but these days are different.   My wife has essentially walled up the master bedroom with me inside it.  She actually left food by the door today and texted me that it was there after she’d retreated.  It feels silly, and serious, all at once.

i do not have a cough and no difficulty breathing.  Hopefully it’s just my sinus’ going haywire again (something that happens during allergy season to me).  We shall see.   

I am uncertain if I still have a fever because my marvelous electronic thermometer died.  Of course the stupid thing would fail now.  

• Sad 12

35 minutes ago, Destino said:

So I developed a massive headache and a mild fever last night.  I’ve had those exact symptoms at least a dozen times in my life, but these days are different.   My wife has essentially walled up the master bedroom with me inside it.  She actually left food by the door today and texted me that it was there after she’d retreated.  It feels silly, and serious, all at once.

i do not have a cough and no difficulty breathing.  Hopefully it’s just my sinus’ going haywire again (something that happens during allergy season to me).  We shall see.   

I am uncertain if I still have a fever because my marvelous electronic thermometer died.  Of course the stupid thing would fail now.  

Have you lost your sense of taste/smell? I've seen quite a few reports out of Europe about that being a very distinguishing symptom

Either way, hope you feel better

40 minutes ago, Destino said:

So you’re saying there may be a moderator spot opening up soon?  

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Have you lost your sense of taste/smell? I've seen quite a few reports out of Europe about that being a very distinguishing symptom

Either way, hope you feel better

Nope.  I can smell the stale coffee in the trash can I should have left in the bathroom.  

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you’re saying there may be a moderator spot opening up soon?  

You can buy your mod powers like everyone else.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You should start growling and shuffling around in the room to play a dark prank on the wife

Get better 👊

I escaped from my prison at night (in search of NyQuil) while wearing a mask.  I felt like a burglar in my own home.  I did happen to be passing by my daughters room, where my wife is camped out, and I heard them chatting in the dark.  Naturally I scratched at the door a few times and gave it a subtle shake.  

Sweet dreams family o mine.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I escaped from my prison at night (in search of NyQuil) while wearing a mask.  I felt like a burglar in my own home.  I did happen to be passing by my daughters room, where my wife is camped out, and I heard them chatting in the dark.  Naturally I scratched at the door a few times and gave it a subtle shake.  

Sweet dreams family o mine.  

****ing microbes

keep us updated, des 

i know you're concerned for your family but i'm glad they're there to keep their eyes (see what i did there?) on your skulking about at night like some ne'er-do-well

the draft thread this year was smooth like the actual event...just one idjit

i suggest listening to your wife, whatever the topic :) 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m draft tipsy and missing karaoke badly.

Wanna do some shots and sing some Nirvana.

Disco night tonight. Sitting fireside with good wine, wife, blasting Fios 1808, remembering the 70s...the Reverend Al Green with that incredible voice...Forgot I had the deck speakers for about an hour. Hope the neighbors enjoyed it!

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

i've long carried a pair of nylons in my multipurpose box in my trunk cuz they make great water filters among other uses if you're stuck in the woods

at least that's what i told the guys the last time we went camping 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I remain without a cough, my headache is gone, and my nose was still working well enough to tell me I needed a second shower and new sheets.  I’m definitely not right though as I’m randomly breaking out into sweats and spot behind my nose stings when I inhale deeply.  Long story short, my wife still won’t let me out.  

Yesterday I felt like garbage so I slept most of the day.  Days pass by real easy when you’re asleep.  Today, though I felt off, I had my energy back... and so I had to endure my confinement awake.  It’s clear that prison would kill me (and that I’m prone to dramatic overthinking when bored).  If not for books and Netflix I’d have attempted to climb out a window.  

One good thing was that I finally got around to watching Sweet Virginia on Netflix.  Good movie, imo.  Reminded me of a Taylor Sheridan movie (Wind River, Hell or High Water).

• Like 10