Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Meet Sarah Rector, the 11-Year-Old Who Became The Richest Black Girl in America in 1913. 

Sarah-Rector-pic-e1549908306386.jpg

By the time she turned 18, Rector was worth an estimated $1 million, or about $11 million today. She also owned stocks and bonds, a boarding house, a bakery and restaurant in Muskogee, Oklahoma, and 2,000 acres of land.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/sarah-rector-11-year-old-richest-black-girl/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lyrics to Springsteen’s classic “Thunder Road” begins:

”A screen door slams, Mary’s dress ______.

Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays…”

Fill in the blank above. Is it

A. waves

or

B. sways

Edited by Dan T.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Every time I hear that song, I say "why do you wish it was Sunday?  That means Monday would be tomorrow."

After an in depth and exhaustive analysis of the lyrics of her song, which may or may not have involved rum, I believe I can put forth the hypothesis that the desire for a temporal shift to Sunday from present time (Monday) is due to her assertion that there exists a homeomorphism between the space of "Sundays" and her "Fun-days" and does not take into account the subsequent existence of further Mondays.  Sadly, I have not been able to ascertain if this is due to her belief that further temporal shifts can actually be repeated upon the recurrence of Monday's or simply due to limited planning horizons...however I'm certain the answer to that questions is somewhere in this here bottle and I shall search for it vigorously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

After an in depth and exhaustive analysis of the lyrics of her song, which may or may not have involved rum, I believe I can put forth the hypothesis that the desire for a temporal shift to Sunday from present time (Monday) is due to her assertion that there exists a homeomorphism between the space of "Sundays" and her "Fun-days" and does not take into account the subsequent existence of further Mondays.  Sadly, I have not been able to ascertain if this is due to her belief that further temporal shifts can actually be repeated upon the recurrence of Monday's or simply due to limited planning horizons...however I'm certain the answer to that questions is somewhere in this here bottle and I shall search for it vigorously.

God speed, sir.

• Haha 2

Prince wrote Manic Monday because he was a huge Vikings fan and, back in the day, the Vikings were abysmal on Monday Night Football.

He wrote it, gave it to The Bangles and then Joe Gibbs retired.  Thus ending the curse…or so he thought.

True story.

#youlikethat 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1