Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 days in a row we've had to kick out unruly non mask wearers. I was legitimately hoping the last dude would try to swing on me so I could body slam his ass.

Florida sucks. Just gotta stick it out a lil while longer and hopefully I'm good to go for FPS in a place where people are reasonably sane.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Here's that red-headed kid from Terminator 2 and Salute Your Shorts singing a country song in '89.

Just in case you wanted to see a ginger mullet today.  

Damn!  He actually crushed that!

The vast majority of those younger actors/actresses in the late 80s and 90s really fizzled out after their time in the spotlight.  I wonder what the ratio is if you take every single young actor who had significant roles back then and see if they followed up with strong careers.  30 to 1?  I'm counting everything, like the kids from Rosanne, Full House, Home Improvement...

Fun footnote:  We never find out his character's name in Terminator 2, but its listed as "Tim".  Ole redmullet is the first savior of humanity in T2, where he interrupts and informs John about the "cop".  My man saved the movie from never happening.  He should've been there at the beginning of Dark Fate. ☹

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The vast majority of those younger actors/actresses in the late 80s and 90s really fizzled out after their time in the spotlight.  I wonder what the ratio is if you take every single young actor who had significant roles back then and see if they followed up with strong careers.  30 to 1?  I'm counting everything, like the kids from Rosanne, Full House, Home Improvement...

Fun footnote:  We never find out his character's name in Terminator 2, but its listed as "Tim".  Ole redmullet is the first savior of humanity in T2, where he interrupts and informs John about the "cop".  My man saved the movie from never happening.  He should've been there at the beginning of Dark Fate. ☹

Funner footnote:  his middle names are Ray Allen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Everybody post about your troubles and struggles. Schadenfreude is the only thing that gets me through the day.

Like troubles from our day today or just any ol story that will make you feel better about your life?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Like troubles from our day today or just any ol story that will make you feel better about your life?

Current problems. I don’t want to hear about anybody’s past troubles that they’ve worked through and overcome.

edit: It can be past issues as long as they still haunt you to this day or like, something bad that happened in the past and that’s all there was to it… no happy ending, no redemption. Like you fell down a manhole and hurt yourself really bad or some ****.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Current problems. I don’t want to hear about anybody’s past troubles that they’ve worked through and overcome.

Hmmm….what about stories that are old but there was never really any working through and overcoming?  It just is what it is and still makes us feel ****ty to this day?  

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

2 days in a row we've had to kick out unruly non mask wearers. I was legitimately hoping the last dude would try to swing on me so I could body slam his ass.

Florida sucks. Just gotta stick it out a lil while longer and hopefully I'm good to go for FPS in a place where people are reasonably sane.

What's FPS?

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Everybody post about your troubles and struggles. Schadenfreude is the only thing that gets me through the day.

Not me, but maybe this will help:

Video appears to show a man's failed marriage proposal that took place in front of fans at baseball game

A video captured at a minor-league baseball game appears to show a public marriage proposal gone wrong.

According to The Independent, the supposed proposal took place at a Worcester Red Sox game on Thursday in Worcester, Massachusetts. The sports-news website What's the Word Massachusetts posted a video of the moment on its Instagram account on Friday, where it's gained 88,000 views.

In the video, the unidentified man and woman are shown standing on what looks like one of the team's dugouts while spectators watch from the stadium seats. While the man waits on one knee and fans cheer on the couple, the woman looks shocked.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRXpTlgpQDT/

In the video shared by What's the Word Massachusetts, after the man gets down on one knee, the woman looks back at him, shakes her head no, and dashes up the stadium stairs.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

edit: It can be past issues as long as they still haunt you to this day or like, something bad that happened in the past and that’s all there was to it… no happy ending, no redemption. Like you fell down a manhole and hurt yourself really bad or some ****.

Here is one that is bothering me just because it is the time of year.  I’ll do my best to explain without too long of a backstory.

Shortly after my accident, I was put in charge of the division called PMT that all the Sailors with extended “issues” were put in.  This could be people with medical problems preventing them from deploying, legal issues that were in process, and pregnant Sailors, among others.  I was doing my best to manage them all while at the same time dealing with my own medical ****.  I had people that checked in or out almost every day but I averaged around 170 Sailors on a given day that were on the books that I was responsible for.  It was a constant train wreck and I just did my best but it was like herding cats.  

Also important to this story is one of the jobs I’ve performed more times than I care to remember is Casualty Assistance Calls Officer (or CACO).  Most people know that job from TV as the person that knocks on the door to tell a family that their Sailor has died.  I’ve done that also but most don’t realize that what is seen on TV is like 1% of what all goes into it.  We walk the family through the entire claims process, funeral arrangements, the **** ton of paperwork, etc.  It is a very involved and emotionally draining job but someone has to do it.  When I had reported to the command I was at for all this, they only had one person qualified to do CACO cases and he had only been to the class, never actually handled a case.

Well with everything else going on, it seemed like I had a Sailor giving birth every couple of days.  Many of them were considered high-risk pregnancies for one reason or another.  One of them gave birth at like 1 in morning but the child only lived a few minutes.  So I go to the hospital to support my Sailor and also get the CACO process going (dependents get CACO services also but it is a lot less paperwork.  But the parent does receive a life insurance check in the case a dependent dies).  I wasn’t planning on doing the case myself (it wasn’t my job anymore) but was at least going to touch base with the doctor to get a draft of the death certificate, etc.  Well that morning is when I figured out that the other CACO guy didn’t know what to do and I would be holding his hand through the process.  So now you may be thinking that this is the ****ty part of the story.  Nope.  Keep reading.

All the other pregnant Sailors knew what happened.  Word gets around quickly with something like that, especially amongst other expecting moms.  A few days later, another Sailor who was probably 7 months along or so and had already been having a very difficult pregnancy was rushed to the hospital.  Turns out the fetus died (is that the right term?) and the doctors had to go in and remove it.  Again, I go to the hospital to look after my Sailor.  I then get the wonderful job of explaining to that Sailor that because of the stillborn status and whatever other things that determine it, she was not entitled to any CACO services and would not be receiving a life insurance payout.  I got to explain that there is a cutoff and even though the other mom got paid, she wouldn’t be.  And she would have to come out of pocket if she wanted any type of funeral.  Is this the worst part?  Nope.  Keep reading.

Now all of this is even harder for her because of a lack of a support system in the area.  She was a single mom who lived alone and didn’t have any family or much for friends in the area.  We encouraged her to seek counseling but my ability to force it on someone is quite limited.  I was not at all surprised when I got the call that she was in the hospital for a suicide attempt.  Her parents were finally able to work it that they came into town for a few days but they could not stay long due to whatever, I really don’t even remember the reason.  Her dad was a retired Navy Chief and him and I were talking a lot about the situation.  Both of us being Chiefs meant that we just naturally had a level of trust between us automatically.  He asked me if there was any way I could work it so that she could move up with them back to Philly (or Chicago, I can’t remember).  I pulled a lot of strings, broke a few rules, and worked a few favors to make it happen.  My CO was initially not supportive of the plan.  He didn’t like her being so far away from the command where he felt we could keep a better eye on her.  I yelled at him, very loudly, that if he didn’t allow this move, her blood would be on his hands when she eventually succeeded in committing suicide and that I would make sure his superiors knew about it.  He reluctantly agreed to it so she moved in with her parents.  Her dad and I stayed in contact and I was told that she agreed to attend group counseling that was starting soon.  Her parents worked it so that someone was at home with her 24/7.

10 days later, I got the call that she had gotten up in the middle of the night and slit her wrists.  She was dead.

I haven’t even told my wife this whole story.  I hate the sad look on her face when I tell her stories like this so I just don’t.  Luckily, I can tell you people here and I don’t have to see your faces in reaction.

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That reminds me of an old HS buddy who was known to say, “Your pain sustains me.”

Maybe that explains after HS he became a Buddhist monk.

Funniest guy in school. Jim Carey level crazy. Total enigma. But a Redskins fan... so we clicked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I feel like I'll never be able to afford a house.  In what world do I live in where an Engineer with no family to support can't buy a house?  I don't ask for much.  Just a small single-family home with 2-3 beds and 1.5-2 baths.  A small yard I can fence in and not be crowded in by neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What's FPS?

Federal Protective Service/DHS

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

While I can appreciate that GA has kinda gone back to the "heat of the day" showers, they are TOTALLY screwing up my yard work.  It's 72 right now, perfect...but foggy and muggy as hell.  :kickcan:

Same. ****s unbearable down here. Thankfully I spend most of the day with AC

23 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

*Trigger finger twitches*

*Yells at TV*

*Picks up game controller and spikes it on the floor*

Damn, had a flashback.  

Sheeeeeeeit, as much as these controllers run for nowadays? I don't even sneeze on them ****es without apologizing profusely.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Life was rough for child actors back then. Seems like Sean Astin, Elijah Wood and a few others (Bale, etc) were the only ones to come out of it, ok-ish.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Life was rough for child actors back then. Seems like Sean Astin, Elijah Wood and a few others (Bale, etc) were the only ones to come out of it, ok-ish.

Cadillac of the sky. 🤘🏾

c1Ybgn.gif.709eba567156d0a70fad17d5bb8ad6fb.gif

• Thanks 2