Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, China said:

Not sure why they're confused.  It's not like Disney's know for their originality.  They steal Kimba to make The Lion King, they copy themselves.  Not really surprising.

I remember Kimba!!!  That and Marine Boy were my favorite cartoons...and Speed Racer, of course.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I remember Kimba!!!  That and Marine Boy were my favorite cartoons...and Speed Racer, of course.

Cartoon junkie back in the day.  Looney Toons/Merrie Melodies got me started.  Ninja Turtles a little after that.  Then the after-school cartoons of the 90s...Duck Tales, Batman, Animaniacs.  Snick was huge though.  Rugrats was just an appetizer to my second favorite cartoon to this day...Ren & Stimpy.

#1 is Beavis and Butthead.  I had to sneak out of bed to watch it at 10 pm on school nights.  Funny how I enjoy it even more nowadays.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, China said:

And congrats @Renegade7.  I am old enough to remember when you came on this board as a teenager.  

Really had to absorb this one, thank you.

Jus now wife offered to massage me.  Little did I know that meant lying flat on a wood floor while she pushed her foot down into my back while stuff cracked.

"Thats how we do back at home" is like only warning I got, but I trust her, and feel better. Big world out there. 

5 hours ago, clietas said:

Most of Disney's Robin Hood is recycled animations from their previous films. 🤓

I saw this on Twitter 😞😞😞. Cheap mf's. Reminds me of when I found  That Power Rangers fight scenes were all fake **** from a older Japanese TV show... which kinda made sense? Because even as a kid I always wondered why the fight scenes looked like they were from like 30 years ago, and some of them ****s looked like toys. Guess they thought kids would be too dumb to notice

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, China said:

Next...

Monolith appears in Albuquerque, local artist collective takes credit for installations

Another monolith has been spotted and this time it’s in Albuquerque. Mayor Tim Keller confirmed via Twitter that a monolith popped up near the Pan American Freeway and Montano Road on Monday, Dec. 7.

130583017_1917129658438532_8738262957960

People were flocking to the parking lot behind REI all Monday to get a glimpse and even a selfie of the monolith. The manager of REI said one of his employees saw three people placing the 10-foot monolith behind their store Sunday evening around 5:30 p.m. Unfortunately they don’t have any video or pictures. But the employee told the manager it took the group about 10 to 15 minutes to properly place it so it would be stable.

This comes after the first silver metallic structure mysteriously appeared in Utah then several others around the world including California and Romania. While it is still unknown why these unusual structures are appearing, a New Mexico artist collective is taking credit for them.

The Most Famous Artist art collective out of Santa Fe is selling the creations, “Authentic Alien Monolith” for $45,000 on their website. The works are listed as 10-feet-tall and include delivery and installation.

Click on the link for the full article

And then a day later, because people suck...

Albuquerque monolith vandalized, torn down

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- The monolith in Albuquerque is gone, for now. It was vandalized and torn down Monday night. 

A video posted online shows several people cheering while the monolith is knocked to the ground.

Albuquerque_monolith_vandalized_torn_dow

Mysterious monolith pops up near Turkish World Heritage site

800.jpeg

Turkish police officers guard a monolith, found on an open field near Sanliurfa, southeastern Turkey, Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021. The metal block was found by a farmer Friday in Sanliurfa province with old Turkic script that reads "Look at the sky, see the moon." The monolith, 3 meters high (about 10 feet), was discovered near UNESCO World Heritage site Gobeklitepe with its megalithic structures dating back to 10th millennium B.C. Turkish media reported Sunday that gendarmes were looking through CCTV footage and investigating vehicles that may have transported the monolith. Other mysterious monoliths have popped up and some have disappeared in numerous countries since 2020. (Bekir Seyhanli/IHA via AP)

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 2:27 AM, Renegade7 said:

Green Ranger episodes are still fire 🔥 

That's because Tommy was legit.  He didn't need an old Japanese dude to do his fight choreography.

Edit: Just looked it up, and apparently he fought (and won) an amateur MMA bout right here in Fairfax a decade ago.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

That's because Tommy was legit.  He didn't need an old Japanese dude to do his fight choreography.

Edit: Just looked it up, and apparently he fought (and won) an amateur MMA bout right here in Fairfax a decade ago.

:ols: at GMU. I found the fight. It was over in 30 seconds