Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules


Jumbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

62nd anniversary of the day that music died.

 

I have a problem with that term on 3 levels.

 

1)  That song sucks.  I remember a countdown on 94.7 back in the 90s of the greatest classic rock songs of all time.  I was at a huge pig roast.  When Satisfaction by the Stones came on at #2, practically everyone groaned.  We knew American Pie would be #1, so someonenturned it off after we listened to Satisfaction.  Not trying to get in to a radio-song debate, either.  I know what's up.

 

2)  It needs to be "called" something else.  Or nothing at all, perhaps.  Like - "The Music Tragedy".  Because...

 

3)  The 60s were about to hit.  It took 3 years or so, but ka...BOOM.  Golden age of rock and roll.

 

All that said.  What a loss.  Boys could rock.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

I have a problem with that term on 3 levels.

 

1)  That song sucks.  I remember a countdown on 94.7 back in the 90s of the greatest classic rock songs of all time.  I was at a huge pig roast.  When Satisfaction by the Stones came on at #2, practically everyone groaned.  We knew American Pie would be #1, so someonenturned it off after we listened to Satisfaction.  Not trying to get in to a radio-song debate, either.  I know what's up.

 

2)  It needs to be "called" something else.  Or nothing at all, perhaps.  Like - "The Music Tragedy".  Because...

 

3)  The 60s were about to hit.  It took 3 years or so, but ka...BOOM.  Golden age of rock and roll.

 

All that said.  What a loss.  Boys could rock.

 

 

Well the anniversary is of the crash not the song. But yeah its overrated. That said, Buddy Holly was rock and roll. He set the Rock standard of two guitars, bass, and drums that 60 years of music has followed....not to mention Richie Valens and the Big Bopper (who was only there because Waylon Jennings gave up his seat) being lost too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

 

 

Well the anniversary is of the crash not the song. But yeah its overrated. That said, Buddy Holly was rock and roll. Not to mention Richie Valens and the Big Bopper (who was only there because Waylon Jennings gave up his seat). 

 

That why I said I have a problem with the term.  It's vague, unnecessarily-exaggerated.  It needs to sting, be a punch to the gut.  Capture the attention of casuals and fringe fans.

 

"Rock n Rolls Darkest Day"

 

Oohhhh, the dayyyy that music diedddd.  So poetic and mysterious.

 

No.  That s*** was f***ed up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Mom loved to tell a story about going to see a Neil Young concert where Don McLean was the opener.  
 

Crowd pelted him with trash and beer cans about 10 minutes into the set, so he packed up and got off the stage.  She felt terrible for him but he was really bad.  As she recalled, Neil brought down the house.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My Mom loved to tell a story about going to see a Neil Young concert where Don McLean was the opener.  
 

Crowd pelted him with trash and beer cans about 10 minutes into the set, so he packed up and got off the stage.  She felt terrible for him but he was really bad.  As she recalled, Neil brought down the house.

My buddy back in the day played it on the patio of a bar...and Bob Hannah was at the next table...we had a great time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't really understand what people expect to see when they follow a rich/famous person on Twitter. If people can get that offended by someone talking about stuff that rich/famous people talk about, then maybe they're the problem. *shrug*

 

The irony being that she's pretty normal for a celeb. Yeah she has money but she's always seemed relatable to me. Plus she just suffered a huge personal loss so I dont get the hate these days towards her. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the climate of internet interaction is beyond hyper sensitive at this point.  When it started with simple chat rooms in the 90s, it was the opposite.  Filthy, spammed with disgusting language.  Now you can call a spade a spade and might get an insult as a reply.  Good luck giving your opinion on anything, outside of a group that generally thinks the same way you do.

 

So many people talk crap about everybody and everything.  If someone disagrees with one damn word you say, or finds something "wrong" about something you post (such is the case with Crissy), you risk getting a hyper condescending reply with insults from at least somebody.  Emotionally-level disagreements are almost a relic, and getting triggered is a favorite hobby of many.  Right now, it's a Keyboard Warzone.

 

Drink half your $13,000 bottle of Chardonnay and tell Keyboard Karen to shut the **** up.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...