Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Green With Evil (?) was definitely the apex story arc. Seemed like when he came back as the suped up white ranger everybody sort of lost their importance (the red ranger sort of became the joking, half serious sidekick).

Then it was like they wanted to apologize for that by making him the Red ranger eventually 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Green With Evil (?) was definitely the apex story arc. Seemed like when he came back as the suped up white ranger everybody sort of lost their importance (the red ranger sort of became the joking, half serious sidekick).

Then it was like they wanted to apologize for that by making him the Red ranger eventually 

Apparently he'd originally auditioned to be the Red ranger.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Alzheimer's seems like the absolute worst way to go 

It's worse for the family most times.  Your loved one not remembering anyone (in some cases).  My grandmother died of it, she always remembered me when I'd visit her at the nursing home, but it was still really hard on everyone.  She was such a brilliant, smart woman and to see her mind deteroiate like that was gut wrenching.  

She died in 2008 and I still beat myself up inside to this day for not going to visit her more than I did before she starting forgetting things.   When I was able to go home every 1-2 weeks on Saturdays to visit, it was too late.  I'd go to her house, she would say that I need to come visit more often like my cousin (her other grandson) did and that it's been months.........it was actually only one or two weeks between visits.  

She was 92 years old when she passed, had a good, long life.  I will say that watching my uncle lose his battle with cancer was a lot harder to watch though.  Both sucked incredibly, but he was one of my best friends and our relationship didn't really develop until I was in college and he was taken way too soon.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Alzheimer's seems like the absolute worst way to go 

I’m at a substantially higher risk for things like Alzheimers, dementia, etc due to multiple TBIs.  Not much scares me but that actually terrifies the crap outta me.  I told the wife that if/when it gets really bad, she better be prepared for me to eat a gun because I will NOT go through that or put my family through it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’m at a substantially higher risk for things like Alzheimers, dementia, etc due to multiple TBIs.  Not much scares me but that actually terrifies the crap outta me.  I told the wife that if/when it gets really bad, she better be prepared for me to eat a gun because I will NOT go through that or put my family through it.

Bro, I don't think eating a gun would be better for your family than dying of alzheimers.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Bro, I don't think eating a gun would be better for your family than dying of alzheimers.  

Semantics.  Either way I’m gone.  Just one involves my heart still beating.

I watched my grandfather go through dementia for a decade before dying.  I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.  What made it even worse was it seemed the only “thoughts” he had left were war stories.  He would just scream like he was in a constant nightmare. all day about how he was under attack.  No thanks.

31 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The progression they made from poppy songs like that, to varying the styles of their songs...is arguably unmatched.  I can only think of two songs that make me emotional...Let It Be is one of them.  For no reason other than its beauty.

Prolly gonna throw some rad Beatles deep cuts in the Friday Music thread.

Also...the beauty of the cat vid is not the front feet...it’s the back feet.  Perfection.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Our historic Krispy Kreme in midtown (owned by Shaq) burned down overnight.  😢

The boardwalk I grew up going to, had 2 shooting galleries that were my "main attractions".  They kept the same characters and setups at them, until one of them was scrapped and turned in to a take-out burger joint about 15 years ago.  Blasphemous.  I'll forever be angry about it.

The second shooting gallery burned up in a fire a couple weeks ago. ☹

20210210_195502.jpg.35f5f9568e73eb1cd378948be8374525.jpg

• Sad 2

I thought Flynt died like ten years ago. 

Bummer cuz I was recently wondering what he'd a thought about the whole Falwell Jr story. Apparently I had a chance to still find out dammit. 🤦‍♂️

Ah apparently he wrote a piece for the daily beast on Jr.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/larry-flynt-on-his-final-farewell-to-the-falwells?via=twitter_page

Edited by clietas

****in Bruce Springsteen is rolling around in the middle of the country somewhere in a ratty old Willys trying to find the center and waxing poetic about it.  He then drunkenly stumbles into the tiniest chapel ever on some dirt farm searching to find the answer.  That's a good time for that guy, there's no way he'd be out in shorts walking a dog next to a ****in moat.

Here it is:  Bruce Springsteen is to Spiff as Bob Seger is to Predicto.

• Haha 1