Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

8 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

it’s been talked about in my household. we would love to go if we could afford it. but, not quite sure of job prospects for my wife. she’s looking at several more years where she’s at

That's me.  My husband was a genius engineer, a necessity.   Now it's just me, and I'm sure there's no shortage of bartenders.  :ols:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

it’s been talked about in my household. we would love to go if we could afford it. but, not quite sure of job prospects for my wife. she’s looking at several more years where she’s at

Fyi, housing prices are becoming absurd here. Average home price in Canadais now $700k+. Looking @ $1M for a simple bungalow. That might not be an issue in the US, but it’s becoming a major problem for the average Canadian. Millienials will never be able to afford homes here now.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, Die Hard said:

Fyi, housing prices are becoming absurd here. Average home price in Canadais now $700k+. Looking @ $1M for a simple bungalow. That might not be an issue in the US, but it’s becoming a major problem for the average Canadian. Millienials will never be able to afford homes here now.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Which state penitentiary?

I reacted to this, but that is absolutely hilarious! She is one of the last people you’ll see in prison……I hope I didn’t jinx it and she ends up in prison for killing me in a fit of rage. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

I am fortunate to work with pictures like this every day!
I post one "today's cool photo" on Twitter @BangRadioHour
This is today's

The Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, solo pilots perform the fortus maneuver during the 2021
 Thunder on the Buffalo Waterfront Air Show. The 2021 show season is the Blue Angels’ first year flying the Super Hornet platform as well as the 75th anniversary of the team.

By the by, the Blue Angels were named for a nightclub in NYC. The flight demonstration team began right after WW2, and one of the originating officers liked a nightclub called The Blue Angel, which as I've read, was HUGE,, covered a full city block.

Blue Angels Perform Over Buffalo NY

Bonus: Here is a nifty shot of Blue Angels past, am F6F Hellcat, an F8F Bearcat, and an F/A-18C.
170309-N-IR734-266

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Any of you guys have experience replacing lost passports? A friend of ours that's going to Europe with us next month apparently can't find hers so she'd need to have it replaced in about 3.5 weeks. I'm reading varying things on the internet that people are getting replacements anywhere from 2 weeks to over 4.

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Any of you guys have experience replacing lost passports? A friend of ours that's going to Europe with us next month apparently can't find hers so she'd need to have it replaced in about 3.5 weeks. I'm reading varying things on the internet that people are getting replacements anywhere from 2 weeks to over 4.

his goes back a few (15) years - there used to be passport expediting services that will turn it around in a week. It's pricey but it's doable. I won a work trip to Riveria Maya and realized a week before departure my passport expired. Paid the money & had it with 2 days to spare. Also - it used to be possible to get it in a day by going to DC & waiting in line. Not sure if that's doable these days. 

Edit: It didn't register in my brain that you need to replace a LOST passport. That may be problematic to turn around quickly.

Here's a link to the DC agency to book an in person appointment -  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/washington.html

Edited by EmirOfShmo

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

There are services to get an expedited passport but they cost money.  When it happened to me I needed it for a business trip so my company paid for it.  I can't remember which company we used but here are a few:

Link

I got 3 out of the possible 6 numbers in Powerball, not including the powerball number.  That's pretty good!  My prize?  Seven measly dollars.  If someone picks 3 out of 5 numbers between 1-69 I think they deserve more.  At least twenty bucks.

32 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I got 3 out of the possible 6 numbers in Powerball, not including the powerball number.  That's pretty good!  My prize?  Seven measly dollars.  If someone picks 3 out of 5 numbers between 1-69 I think they deserve more.  At least twenty bucks.

Wouldn't be much of a lottery if people actually made money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1