Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Ugh, home depot is garbage, Team Lowes from now on.

Figured I'd save sometime because they were along the way, and everything I picked up i knew was cheaper at Lowes.

Then I ask to get some wood cut, and they say the saw was broken for months.

Was done, walked towards where I heard a saw sound, confirmed what it was, stopped caring, and left my cart right there.

Thank goodness I know the owners of the Ace Hardware in my plaza...been waiting on them for decades, and whatever I need is there.  Seriously, everyone says "If they don't have it, you don't need it."  It's HUGE and they're a "local" place.

And yes, I'm up in the middle of the night, getting all my stuff together for my accountant/taxes.  I don't expect this year to be as devastating as last year, but still freaking out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I was at Home Depot a month or so ago in the lumber section. I needed some help. Unfortunately, their break room and bathroom are near there as well. I asked five people politely for help. Every single one of them ignored me. Didn’t even acknowledge my existence. I had a full cart. Here Lowes is slightly more expensive. I had a full cart at HD. I left it right there in the lumber department and went to Lowes. 

I’ve had bad experiences at both places, but I frequent Lowes more now, for the sole reason that there are less shoppers in the store. I only hit up Ace, which is the closest to me, when i need an item or two. They are always way more expensive here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I was at Home Depot a month or so ago in the lumber section. I needed some help. Unfortunately, their break room and bathroom are near there as well. I asked five people politely for help. Every single one of them ignored me. Didn’t even acknowledge my existence. I had a full cart. Here Lowes is slightly more expensive. I had a full cart at HD. I left it right there in the lumber department and went to Lowes. 

I’ve had bad experiences at both places, but I frequent Lowes more now, for the sole reason that there are less shoppers in the store. I only hit up Ace, which is the closest to me, when i need an item or two. They are always way more expensive here.

Oh yeah, everything is more expensive at Ace.  But I can walk in with a list & get hooked up immediately.  It's worth it.  And like you, I'm only there for A/C filters and other small stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I put up two bat houses last spring 

at one point I counted 13 bats in my yard

sitting around the fire after getting back from florida today, 3 bats flying like 15 feet off the ground over my yard. 

i could watch them all night. I love living in the woods 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Rubbermaid such jus skip all the BS and make spaghetti colored Tupperware...

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The more things change in the Tailgate.... 🤣

Iron sharpens Iron, not talking to brickwalls *shrugs shoulders, to each their own

That fish in a barrel thread is saying "hot", but that's debatable...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Rubbermaid such jus skip all the BS and make spaghetti colored Tupperware...

Iron sharpens Iron, not talking to brickwalls *shrugs shoulders, to each their own

That fish in a barrel thread is saying "hot", but that's debatable...

Meh, we're all just a collection of atoms, aimlessly wandering the Quantam Realm...

12 hours ago, tshile said:

I put up two bat houses last spring 

at one point I counted 13 bats in my yard

sitting around the fire after getting back from florida today, 3 bats flying like 15 feet off the ground over my yard. 

i could watch them all night. I love living in the woods 

This explains everything.

• Haha 2