Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, 14 already?! Time flies, Pops :(

Also, I'm old, cuz I swear it was just yesterday and she was like 5-6 years old :kickcan:

I know, right, JFC!

I remember posts like "Tazette is in 2nd grade and we're trying to figure out this reading thing."

In other news, we're moving back to NoVa and very excited about it!  Trying to find a place to rent starting in July or so.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I know, right, JFC!

I remember posts like "Tazette is in 2nd grade and we're trying to figure out this reading thing."

In other news, we're moving back to NoVa and very excited about it!  Trying to find a place to rent starting in July or so.

I swear, just the other day Tazette kicked some boy's ass on the playground (I remember that).  :chair:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, 14 already?! Time flies, Pops :(

Also, I'm old, cuz I swear it was just yesterday and she was like 5-6 years old :kickcan:

Yeah man, it's crazy.  You are right, she was 5-6 years old when I started posting in the RTT.  

42 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I swear, just the other day Tazette kicked some boy's ass on the playground (I remember that).  :chair:

She did :rofl89:  Some older kids broke in line in front of her and her BFF at the time (they were like 6 years old) and she knocked him on his ass.

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

She did :rofl89:  Some older kids broke in line in front of her and her BFF at the time (they were like 6 years old) and she knocked him on his ass.

You're the best dad.  You've stayed with her through everything, and I know covid took it's toll.  Y'all are great!

Edit, add: can I drop this damn UNC thing now?

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

You're the best dad.  You've stayed with her through everything, and I know covid took it's toll.  Y'all are great!

It's been a rough ride since March 2020 no doubt.  I was worried that she would never get back to living her best life like she was prior to Covid.  But it appears that she is finally getting back to normalcy. 

Her grades dropped, but it's because she's a lazy teenager that isn't challenged cause after being home schooled last year, she couldn't get back into the honors classes this year.  But she got into early college which will allow her to get college credits and earn a 2 year degree while completing high school.  Basically shaving off 2 years of college before she even officially starts.  

Very proud of the young lady she has become and continuing to become.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

A woman I used to know and was friends with about 15 years ago apparently became a slight public figure, then had an affair with the husband of a well-known public figure/celebrity (she was married, too, by the way)...then had the affair splattered all over the news...with her pic showing up on all the sites...didn't know any of this until not too long ago. It's weird seeing her face posted all over the place lol...this didn't happen this year, but I just recently learned about the full scope of it from my ex-wife--apparently it was a big deal.

15 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've really gotta start turning my ringer on.

GM trying to call about next week's schedule. (sigh).   I hate it for everybody, but my availability never changes.  

He finally let the weakest link go, so yes, I'll work tomorrow for Wednesday off. 

I'm so relieved.  This person was dragging everyone down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

He finally let the weakest link go, so yes, I'll work tomorrow for Wednesday off. 

I'm so relieved.  This person was dragging everyone down.

We're set up for failure.

Runs slope backwards, in to the aisle.  No drain.  We are hand-washing runs.

Fence has openings on the bottom and can be jumped over.  We're leash walking every dog.

No backyard light.

No dishwasher or garbage disposal.

Somehow, this new - state of the art building...

Is worse than one that was built in 1977.

Massive, massive failure.  Crying all around.  I'm not a kennel tech, I'm a therapist, apparently.

Worst part...they go corporate when you bring it up.  "Oh, yeah, we've got people working on that soon."

AKA:  GTFO of my office.

Horrifying.

I'm staying and doing as much as I can for these kids.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Which poster do you guys think has the biggest endowment? For me, it’s got to be @Riggo-toni. Every time I’m reading his posts all I can think is “Forget it… That’s a monster. There’s a monster trapped in denim.”

I guess I should be flattered...but I have no idea what in my posts might have given this away.🤣

• Haha 2

I have a script on my work computer now (per my request from the help desk) that forces a reboot at 6pm with no way for me to override. 

Had to...doing too much and had to be fair to myself and family. Had to save myself from myself.

Today, even despite my phone alarm going off and the prompt on my screen, I still got rebooted mid-email.

First I looked dead at the ground, then smiled, now to cook pasta.

Highly recommended for those that think they need it, it works.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcQIZ9FusJ9/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

So, a galleryHAOsaVy.jpeg in Suwanee GA where I have a couple of paintings on display featured me in their Instagram feed.  Yay!  Only weird thing is they listed my painting as a watercolor, but it's acrylic. This is the first time I have my work on display at 2 different galleries at the same time.

This is the other work on display in Suwanee.

xWYizc3.jpeg

And this one is hanging in an exhibition in Acworth.

q6Jd0DI.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3