Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Question for the class......would the dollar general clerk have been justified for shooting him?  Is someone purposely trying to cough or sneeze or whatever on another person justifiable for deadly force?

I believe they should be charged with attempted murder. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

I've worked at some really hellish nursing homes, but I'm wondering whether this home actually had the masks and things, for people to wear.  

I have a family member that works tangentially to a nursing facility. They were barely testing anyone and if someone got sick, they shipped them to the hospital without having tested them. If they passed away, it was "Whelp, didn't happen here."

When they got some tests, and someone did test positive, they didn't want to test their roommate because they "were't showing symptoms." 

Mind. Boggling. Stupidity. 

The Gov was on point to order every single person in a facility to be tested. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I have a family member that works tangentially to a nursing facility. They were barely testing anyone and if someone got sick, they shipped them to the hospital without having tested them. If they passed away, it was "Whelp, didn't happen here."

But that's normal for nursing homes.  

There's a few steps to go through.  But almost any change in a patient's status, the doctor got a phone call.  And if it wasn't just routine, then the doctor would say to send him to the hospital.  It took a doctor to send a patient to a hospital, but seriously, do you think a doctor is gonna go on record and say "Don't send this patient to a hospital" if it's questionable?  Think he'll take on that potential liability?  

We're really not equipped to deal with new things that pop up.  We're equipped to deal with things that are stabilized.  

Assume rules have changed since then, but when the first infections hit that nursing home in Seattle?  The rule back then was that you had to be admitted to a hospital, before you were allowed to be tested.  

51 minutes ago, Larry said:

I've worked at some really hellish nursing homes, but I'm wondering whether this home actually had the masks and things, for people to wear.  

Won't say how I know, but this place deserves the fine, if not more. 

~Bang

50 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I've been saying for years that the boomers have been holding this country back. Refusing to die, yet refusing to let younger generations mold this country into what they want it to become. I've noticed that conservative boomers are much less pliable than liberal boomers, so...if they want to remove THEMSELVES from the equation...

Thing is, it's all boomers.   Who holds the power in the Democratic party?  Gen X?  Millennials?  No. Boomers or Silent Generation.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you are saying deadly force would be justified to stop a person from deliberately coughing on you?  Since you think it is attempted murder?

I have a right to defend myself. But going straight from defending myself to deadly force is for a jury to decide. Each case is different. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I've been saying for years that the boomers have been holding this country back. Refusing to die, yet refusing to let younger generations mold this country into what they want it to become. I've noticed that conservative boomers are much less pliable than liberal boomers, so...if they want to remove THEMSELVES from the equation...

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thing is, it's all boomers.   Who holds the power in the Democratic party?  Gen X?  Millennials?  No. Boomers or Silent Generation.  

If only those selfish Boomers would just die (or stop voting), and give political power to people who don't have as many votes as they do, and want them to die or yeild political power.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

True, but I think liberal boomers are less harmful. More like frustrating, like trying to talk your elderly mother through tech support frustrating. These conservative boomers very well might get us all killed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I have a right to defend myself. But going straight from defending myself to deadly force is for a jury to decide. Each case is different. 

I think you'd have a hard time proving in a court of law that your life was in imminent danger to the extent that the use of deadly force via a firearm was justified if someone coughed or sneezed on you...even in a pandemic. But who knows...weirder things have happened.

I'm with @Bangon this. A bloody nose would be perfectly acceptable; you're defending yourself against assault and/or battery. Don't put your hands on another person unless you're willing to face the consequences. 

So let's take a look at the numbers shall we - The chart below (as of 2018) shows the US Population by age group. I left out the 18 and 19 y/o becasue the chart grouped them 15 - 19. So these numbers are even more lopsided. 

I have counted those aged 20 - 54 as NOT boomers. And all others 55 and above as boomers. I think right now the technical age cutoff is 1964 or 56 Y/O. But like leaving out the 18/19 y/o from the pre-boomer category which reduces that group, I will ADD 55 to the boomers - which will inflate their numbers a bit. I am also adding people OLDER than boomers in the boomer group. 

A little math shows us that: 

20 - 54: 150.27M

55 and older - 94.69M

That is a delta of 55.58M MORE pre-boomers! And in fact is we get more precise that delta would be larger. 

I could not get % voted in comparable categories. Here is as close as I could get: 

18 - 29 - 36.6%

30-44 - 48.8%

45-64 - 59.5%

65+ - 66.1% 

Still tells the real story. Younger people need to stop whining and blaming the old folks for no change and vote!!!  We own the current state. Us boomers and people older. We ****ed it up bad! But you have the numbers to out vote the boomers easily!! So do it and make the changes needed! 

image.png.37d4cbc607cd22c43209dea7ef59750e.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Question for the class......would the dollar general clerk have been justified for shooting him?  Is someone purposely trying to cough or sneeze or whatever on another person justifiable for deadly force?

yes, because the one thing this country is desperately lacking is another loose interpretation for assholes to justify shooting someone 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think you'd have a hard time proving in a court of law that your life was in imminent danger to the extent that the use of deadly force via a firearm was justified if someone coughed or sneezed on you...even in a pandemic. But who knows...weirder things have happened.

I'm with @Bangon this. A bloody nose would be perfectly acceptable; you're defending yourself against assault and/or battery. Don't put your hands on another person unless you're willing to face the consequences. 

No directed at you personally - Lets be clear before this turns into a thing - that murder statement was mostly a tongue in cheek thing. I answered the one question in a way I thought would end it. But apparently not. I realize murder is harsh. I was making a point that these people are not thinking and if you extrapolate in the opposite direction as them, you could maybe get there - but it's an extreme thought and not meant to be realistic. So let's not all go down a rabbit hole. 

Yes, i would make sure the person knew it was not acceptable. A good punch to the face is not out of bounds. I would not have just let them do it. But easy to say sitting here not in the moment. I am surprised they the clerk didn't even move. 

Edit: Oddly enough though if i punch them in the nose, I risk mixing fluids more than just letting them go. So I guess I might have to rethink the location of my defense 🙂  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Our country looks crazy asking if we can shoot someone unarmed that coughs on us.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We are currently living in a dystopian hellscape

I posed the question because I was seeing people calling it attempted murder or similar when someone was going around coughing on people intentionally.  To me, you can't call it attempted murder but say it is wrong for using deadly force to stop it.  If you are going to say they were trying to kill someone, then killing them first is justified imo.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Younger people need to stop whining and blaming the old folks for no change and vote!!! 

Its mainly logistics.  (debatable vs young apathy)

Its harder for young people to vote therefore they don't vote.

I.e. 

Young people may or may not pay any taxes, earn income, pay rent, have a physical address, have insurance, etc.

Young people also may or may not care about these things which isn't a choice once you start working, have kids that need to go to school, etc.

Edited by Mooka

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I posed the question because I was seeing people calling it attempted murder or similar when someone was going around coughing on people intentionally.  To me, you can't call it attempted murder but say it is wrong for using deadly force to stop it.  If you are going to say they were trying to kill someone, then killing them first is justified imo.

I don't take taking another persons life lightly, even if I think they deserve it.  I would wire someone's jaw shut before I ended their life over coughing on me.

I think assault is a fair start:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pilotonline.com/news/health/vp-nw-coronavirus-coughing-crime-20200408-edzajhy7frh3hn4zhjqxhucdbm-story.html%3foutputType=amp

In a post published on the Nextdoor app this week, police said they had heard from several residents concerned about people deliberately coughing on others. After consulting with the city’s commonwealth’s attorney’s office, they’ve decided that such actions can result in a misdemeanor assault charge, the post said.

That's all we need, he said she said coughing on each other plus Florida stand your ground laws.  I thought guns we're supposed to be last resort?

• Like 2