Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think this is wrong.  Don't know what it is like where you are but where I am, you can barely tell it's "closed".  Once its "open", far too many people will be out and about.  Public doesn't seem to care enough to need to be reassured. 

Unfortunately I think Buzz might be right here. Many people are bound to get complacent, even if being cautious initially. The fact that someone can contract the virus and be asymptomatic for a couple of weeks makes it that much worse. That means there could be a 2-3 week period as restrictions are lifted for people (and politicians) to get steadily more complacent as their brains say "Hey, look, the number of illnesses isn't skyrocketing! Must be safe for me to go to that big cookout this weekend!"

Then....boom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

She also licked quarters before placing them in the tip jar before running out of the restaurant without her food, WMBF reported.

As she left the store, she reportedly said: “It’s in God’s hands now.”

I'm in favor of a public stoning for cases like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think this is wrong.  Don't know what it is like where you are but where I am, you can barely tell it's "closed".  Once its "open", far too many people will be out and about.  Public doesn't seem to care enough to need to be reassured. 

It's mind boggling we are in the same state.  Maybe it's because Im closer to DC now and thus closer to New York, but I was in an international grocery store around the corner the other and every single person had a mask on.  100%, I looked down some aisle I didn't need to just for that to sink in.

I wouldn't want to be in New Orleans right now, this is more like a bathtub filling up with some things sticking out the water still and some things not anymore. It's weird talking to folks in New York that vouch for the non-stop ambulance sirens I see posted about on Twitter and Reddit. Times Square looks like something off a movie right now, straight ghost town, that place was packed 3 in the morning last time I was up that way.

The data clearly shows it's barely getting better or stablizing in the northeast and getting worse nearly everywhere else in the country. Hampton Roads is inevitable at this rate, testing is needed to prove that isn't accurate. The estimated dead by August nearly doubled this week, I'm still trying to process that.

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Corona won, trump is waiving the white flag. 

If our healthcare systems collapses from being overwhelmed then what?  They might as well go from house to house spraying us with it, they want herd immunity as fast as possible even if we end up with bodies in the streets.  

Finally killed someone on 5th Avenue and got away with it, where is the bottom here?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If our healthcare systems collapses from being overwhelmed then what?  They might as well go from house to house spraying us with it, they want herd immunity as fast as possible even if we end up with bodies in the streets.  

Finally killed someone on 5th Avenue and got away with it, where is the bottom here?

I honestly think trump is over this whole "president" thing since it's no longer fun and he knows that he has no viable plan. He wants to leave the recovery to the next POTUS, he has no intention on winning in November. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I honestly think trump is over this whole "president" thing since it's no longer fun and he knows that he has no viable plan. He wants to leave the recovery to the next POTUS, he has no intention on winning in November. 

Well, that would be a good thing.

• Like 2

The White House's coronavirus task force is being wound down in the coming weeks without a clear idea of what, if anything, might replace it

Trump rallies.  

It's finally sunk in to the Todler in Chief that he's hurting his reelection (the only thing he cares about) by making ignorant comments on live national TV.  And he can't tolerate the thought of people who actually know and speak the truth going in front of the cameras without him.  

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Wish I could say the same, but I think he loves being president solely for his ego.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He had no intention of winning last time either and we didn’t let that stop him 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I know it’s an incredibly complicated issue and we have to balance the economy and risk, but the administration seems to think simply saying things are good is going to make them so. Gets more bonkers every day with this diaper-wearing (it’s true) president. 

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Gets more bonkers every day with this diaper-wearing (it’s true) president. 

I want a tell-all book about every time he was craping on himself in public.

Ads matched to specific events then played during Redskins games.

*My name is Joe Biden, and I approve this message, at the end of it, please?

Edited by Renegade7

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I know it’s an incredibly complicated issue and we have to balance the economy and risk, but the administration seems to think simply saying things are good is going to make them so.

Been working for 40 years.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1