Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I don’t know if this is being discussed anywhere on ES or not but it really appears as though VA and more specifically, Fairfax county, is indeed flattening out and starting to lower the caseload.  Still need some more days of data going the right direction, but I’m getting hopeful for once.

It couldn’t come any sooner because people are out and about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Truly the dumbest timeline

Don't worry. The President is tested quite frequently.

Though when the nurse inserts that long swab, it doesn't hit anything until it bumps the back of his skull.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Its mainly logistics.  (debatable vs young apathy)

Its harder for young people to vote therefore they don't vote.

I.e. 

Young people may or may not pay any taxes, earn income, pay rent, have a physical address, have insurance, etc.

Young people also may or may not care about these things which isn't a choice once you start working, have kids that need to go to school, etc.

Sorry, these are just excuses. Apathy is not a reason it's an excuse. Harder for them to vote? How is that? Only the very young - 18/19 maybe and maybe a few others but even then, my son know he could vote in primaries at 17 and did.  You can use a parents address. And what does having insurance have to do with voting? Or paying rent? They don't run a background check. Sorry, all excuses. 

Not caring is also just an excuse. They are do a pretty good job of whining about what's wrong. But then fall flat when it's time to do something. And here is the best part, while that group of non-boomers includes young people, 40 to 54 y/o have no excuse at all. All the items you listed above may work slightly until people are say 25. 

So if we make it 25 to 54, you still have 128.4M to 94.7M - 35% more potential voters - and that's without the the 20-24 demographic!  

Sorry, can't blame the previous generation when you have the ability to change things and are either ill-informed, lazy, or too apathetic to make the changes needed. 

Let me at least try to tie this back to the thread - had the younger demographics voted in 2016 trump never wins and there are likely 1000s of Americans still alive as they would have been the adult in the room instead of the child. But they did not vote despite that being a right given to them. 

But sorry OP, this has gotten us way off topic. I am glad to take this to another thread. If i find something I appropriate I will post something there. My last on this topic here. 

I say this hypothetically. 

• Like 1

Pretty wild that dude is saying you have to be a warrior and die for the American way of life but he’s getting tested everyday but you gotta be dying to get one. 

get your ass to that meat factory though. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, visionary said:

He says, while broadcasting safely from his home office. 

Do these "herd immunity" ****sticks understand it at all? From what I understand of it, for covid-19 we'd probably need at least 70% of the population infected for herd immunity to truly take place. If you assume a middle ground mortality rate of 1.5%, that means almost 5 million people will die from the disease in this country before herd immunity starts taking hold. 

Are they prepared for those numbers of dead people? 

• Like 4

Trump and some top aides question accuracy of virus death toll

President Trump has complained to advisers about the way coronavirus deaths are being calculated, suggesting the real numbers are actually lower — and a number of his senior aides share this view, according to sources with direct knowledge.

What's next: A senior administration official said he expects the president to begin publicly questioning the death toll as it closes in on his predictions for the final death count and damages him politically.

I think deep down we all knew it was only a matter of time before Trump started calling the death toll "fake news". States start to open up, deaths spike, Trump says the media is lying and the deaths aren't real, his followers buy it and Republicans say nothing. Bloody hell, this is going to get seriously bad. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Are they prepared for those numbers of dead people? 

Body bags?  Ordered.

Refrigerated rental trucks?  Ordered.  

Suppression of death statistics?  Partial.  

Corporations shielded from civil liability?  Working on it.  

Anything else?  

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I've had two different people tell me that "they" have ordered doctors to list deaths as Covid even when it isn't.  

The State of Florida just ordered medical examiners to stop releasing how many death certificates list Covid as a cause.  

The ME's statistics have been higher than the numbers that The Gov has been publicly announcing.  Because The Gov has been pretending that any person who dies in Florida, but Florida isn't his permanent legal address, doesn't count.  

They are claiming that this is because of the privacy rights of people who die from Covid.  (A right which nobody else who's died in Florida has.)  

Edited by Larry
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think deep down we all knew it was only a matter of time before Trump started calling the death toll "fake news". States start to open up, deaths spike, Trump says the media is lying and the deaths aren't real, his followers buy it and Republicans say nothing. Bloody hell, this is going to get seriously bad. 

Add to that - they've already turned Fauci & Birx into the boogey-people who don't know anything about viruses. 

They're making videos with quacks & distributing it to try & discredit Fauci. And people believe it. 

"Plandemic Documentary: The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid-19"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just got word that my cousin died from it. He lived in Brooklyn 

Very sorry for your loss. Just a very scary time! Never more so than when it hits you directly. The best to you and your family! 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just got word that my cousin died from it. He lived in Brooklyn 

Sorry to hear about your cousin. That’s just too sad.

Not to sound insensitive, but can you share more? How old was he? When did he get diagnosed and what happened? Did he have any comorbidities? I feel like the details of something like this help

paint the picture.