Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

So if you make the "choice" of going out and risking yourself, you don't just risk yourself no matter how much you want to convince yourself you are.

we know this thing can be carried with no symptoms for weeks.

So you go out, if you catch it and don't know it, you continue to spread it. And most likely, once you've gone out and don't show any symptoms afterward you become more convinced you don't have it and you go out more.

And that isn't "choice" because the people in the grocery store who are near you, or the other people you go hang with because you don't show any symptoms are now endangered because of your 'choice'.

Stupid is as stupid ****ing does. And unfortunately, this sort of stupidity risks way more than one's own self, and no one has the right to do that. Typically selfish and ignorant.

The drunk driver analogy is bad. if it were apt, the drunk driving down the road would create more drunks in his wake, and soon the road is full of drunk drivers.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 12

42 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Bad in a different way, less bad in another way. It's finding more efficient ways to spread, but deaths and critical cases have been steadily dropping for at least two weeks. This is normal behavior for viruses as they attempt to survive in a population that wants them eradicated. 

it's kind of the same with some posters

but then you know the old song and dance about what other form of life the human race is a lot like

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They are only endangering people who choose to go out and not social distance, and in this example, decide to drink and drive too....

Like, if people decide once it is legal to go to the beach that they want to go to the beach, who else is it hurting besides people who want to go to the beach?

I really don't get why the bolded part seems so hard to understand.

The people potentially hurting are:

1) The people who go to the beach and don't social distance properly, including our original intrepid theoretical beach goers, who may either already have the virus and spread it or don't have the virus and may pick it up. 

2) Every single person that every single one of those previously infected or newly infected beach goers comes in close contact with after their trip to the beach for the next several weeks potentially. Some people may be safer around them than others if they happen to be wearing masks/gloves/etc. but it's highly likely that the beach goer will infect multiple other people over the ensuing days unless they decide to self quarantine after their fun in the sun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Yeah

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait 'till their judgment day comes

Yeah!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Oh boy, I'm sure there are some really sound, well thought out replies for this on Twitter. 

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Yeah

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait 'till their judgment day comes

Yeah!

You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion'
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
That even Jesus would never

Forgive what you do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For those who say the only people endangered by other not socially distancing on a beach, have you gone to the grocery store or Costco lately?  The number of people who think the signs for social distancing don't apply to them and push down whatever aisle in whatever direction they want is staggering.  My wife complains every time she has to go out about the impatient people who think the rules don't matter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So does anyone else have 'Plandemic' all over their social media feed?  It's only a few people on mine, but they are going crazy this morning posting it - "this is by real doctors".  The level of mental gymnastics it requires for these folks to fall for this crap is just unreal.  Apparently, Dr. Fauci is an evil genius manipulator, capable of conspiring with the whole world to take down President Trump.  The only reason Facebook and other outlets are taking it down is because they don't want you to know the truth, they are in on it!

No words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gbear said:

For those who say the only people endangered by other not socially distancing on a beach, have you gone to the grocery store or Costco lately?  The number of people who think the signs for social distancing don't apply to them and push down whatever aisle in whatever direction they want is staggering.  My wife complains every time she has to go out about the impatient people who think the rules don't matter.

The people most forgotten are the workers at those grocery stores and gas stations and elsewhere. Many have no choice. Other peoples carelessness put them in direct danger. It's a callous self-centered act to ignore social distancing for most any reason but certainly just becasue you want to go have fun. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So does anyone else have 'Plandemic' all over their social media feed?  It's only a few people on mine, but they are going crazy this morning posting it - "this is by real doctors".  The level of mental gymnastics it requires for these folks to fall for this crap is just unreal.  Apparently, Dr. Fauci is an evil genius manipulator, capable of conspiring with the whole world to take down President Trump.  The only reason Facebook and other outlets are taking it down is because they don't want you to know the truth, they are in on it!

No words.

My feed has been getting the "Hospitals are counting all deaths as COVID-19 deaths to get more money" tweets lately...thankfully not from anyone I follow but because those I follow end up responding to the nonsense and it gets put on my feed. One woman said she has family members that work at a hospital and since March they were instructed to report all deaths as COVID deaths, and that the actual death total from COVID is much lower than being reported. I said, "So, if you checked the hospital where your family members work, there would be zero deaths recorded from heart disease, cancer, gunshot wounds, car accidents, drug overdoses, etc., and just 100% deaths from COVID?"...she said she didn't know because she doesn't work there lol 😂...

Edited by Califan007
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

My feed has been getting the "Hospitals are counting all deaths as COVID-19 deaths to get more money" tweets lately...thankfully not from anyone I follow but because those I follow end up responding to the nonsense and it gets put on my feed. One woman said she has family members that work at a hospital and since March they were instructed to report all deaths as COVID deaths, and that the actual death total from COVID is much lower than being reported. I said, "So, if you checked the hospital where your family members work, there would be zero deaths recorded from heart disease, cancer, gunshot wounds, car accidents, drug overdoses, etc., and just 100% deaths from COVID?"...she said she didn't know because she doesn't work there lol 😂...

I would never put it past a hospital to do corrupt things to make more money.  That said, I would never put it past a lot of folks to do lots of things to make things appear the way they would like.  Which is why it's difficult for me to believe any of these #'s we see reported on most anything associated with Covid. 

But like Plandemic, all the folks touting this stuff never have any proof of the conspiracies they believe in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Let's see how this goes: 

Patient comes in with heart trouble. They get treated for heart trouble. They have complications due to heart trouble. They die from Covid-19? So the family wants to know how their loved one died from COvid-19 when they came in with heart problems. Why were they not treated for Covid-19. Said family sues hospital and many people lose their jobs.

It's unreal the stuff people will believe without even trying to think it through. 10 seconds of thought and you can ignore that claim. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The people most forgotten are the workers at those grocery stores and gas stations and elsewhere. Many have no choice. Other peoples carelessness put them in direct danger. It's a callous self-centered act to ignore social distancing for most any reason but certainly just becasue you want to go have fun. 

At the store I go to, they have plexiglass between the cashiers and the customers, all employees are required to wear masks, they have markings on the floor as to where to stand when in line, The first hour the store is open is only for shoppers 60 years and older, They have a limit on the number of people allowed I the store at one time, they wrapped the debit/credit card payment machine in plastic that gets changed every hour, and about 75% of the shoppers are wearing masks. But there are numerous times when you're definitely within 6 feet of someone, it's almost impossible to avoid.

But everyone is REALLY courteous lol...never heard so many people say "After you", "no, after you, I insist" in my life.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I would never put it past a hospital to do corrupt things to make more money.  That said, I would never put it past a lot of folks to do lots of things to make things appear the way they would like.  Which is why it's difficult for me to believe any of these #'s we see reported on most anything associated with Covid. 

But like Plandemic, all the folks touting this stuff never have any proof of the conspiracies they believe in.

For me it's more the logic (or lack of) behind believing this type of stuff. Like you said, wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out some hospitals ended up attributing some deaths to COVID and being motivated by money when they do...but the idea that it's being done on such a massive scale as to call into question the legitimacy of the COVID death count boggles the mind. And it would be sooooooo damn easy to prove, too lol...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

At the store I go to, they have plexiglass between the cashiers and the customers, all employees are required to wear masks, they have markings on the floor as to where to stand when in line, The first hour the store is open is only for shoppers 60 years and older, They have a limit on the number of people allowed I the store at one time, they wrapped the debit/credit card payment machine in plastic that gets changed every hour, and about 75% of the shoppers are wearing masks. But there are numerous times when you're definitely within 6 feet of someone, it's almost impossible to avoid.

But everyone is REALLY courteous lol...never heard so many people say "After you", "no, after you, I insist" in my life.

I have found this to be true only at grocery stores. We went to Lowes on Sunday ~8:45am. About 50% of the people had on masks. We passed a mid-50s couple not wearing a mask as they were standing at the customer service counter. While my wife was looking at paint samples, the guy coughs into his hand & then proceeds to walk toward a rack holding small plants for sale for Mother's day. Of course he picks up 3 or 4 of them before walking back to the counter where his wife/girlfriend was standing. I told my wife we needed to get the furnace filters & GTFO. 

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhh.....

Researcher 'on verge of making very significant' coronavirus findings shot to death. 

The Pennsylvania researcher "was on the verge of making very significant findings toward understanding the cellular mechanisms that underlie" COVID-19, his university said.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/researcher-verge-making-very-significant-coronavirus-findings-shot-death-n1200896&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1588858386095000&usg=AFQjCNH1vKKdvEtfueGka1kTWdbjXIBeRg

Edited by Riggo#44

At the grocery store I go to some, but not all, of the employees wear masks...and I noticed they were not all the same type of mask. The guy at the checkout was wearing one and I asked if the store provided masks to them; he just sort of laughed humorlessly and said "of course not". I was floored. 

• Sad 1

I go to Publix and they have done a great job. They had plexiglass barriers very fast. They have marked the entire store for direction to shop and then where to stand while waiting in line. All employees wear masks. i also found out that Publix will give employees up to 2 weeks paid leave if they are concerned about having Covid-19. They also have two kids outside collecting shopping carts and immediately cleaning them before others use them. 

Target also does a great job. Same type of measures as Publix. They are right next to each other. 

• Like 3