Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

3 hours ago, PCS said:

Yep. That's a weekend at the big box stores. If one goes on the weekend,it's recommended to go first thing in the a.m. or wait for the mornings on the weekdays before things really get busy. Depending on area,probably a limit of 100 to 150 people in the store at a time.  I don't know if it's going to be national,regional,or district wide,but be aware that Home Depots are instituting mandatory wearing of masks by everyone in store starting between today and Monday. Just a heads up. :)

I went the other day, I need a dehumidifier in a bad way & had checked out the website, but I'm one of those "I gotta see size, weight, etc." as I'm gonna have to get it into the house & downstairs by myself. Couldn't find a parking spot anywhere remotely close, and everyone was everywhere. I just left & figured I'll deal with this musty smell for a while longer. 😟 

• Sad 1

I’m glad the plandemic video has been outed and removed. 

a number of people sent it to me (I’m not on Facebook or any social media really so I don’t see the trending stuff..) 

glad I don’t need to continue to try to explain why it sounds like a conspiracy theory from nutters 

RE: Home Depot...

I have been doing online orders and curbside pickup and it's great.  No need to wait in the line.  2 of my orders were in the lockers so I just went to the entrance, told them I had a pickup in the locker, and they let you in without waiting in the line.

I'm sure there's commentary out there and probably in here about the herd immunity 'hope'. I get most probably don't subscribe.

But, out of curiosity, even if we lose 3.5 million to death (approx 1.5% mortality), where do we put the other 19% of severe illness?

It's a grind, there's no real 'place' to put them.

I would like to know national average for length of hospitalization stay for the average Covid-19 patient. Further, I would like to know the amount of uninsured or underinsured affected. Talk about economic collapse

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Here is a link you may find useful:

Hide contents

Well, I know my average length of stay. I don't need google. In fact, it was rhetorical...

It's very long, and very costly

*Edit: And even if Medicare added 120% to their reimbursement it would be squadouche. Oh yea... come get your knee replaced now, I'm sure you're feel real safe.

Edited by Bonez3

Fewest reported Saturday deaths in the US and worldwide since March 28.

Serious and critical cases dropped by 1,018 in the last 24 hours. The reported peak was nearly 60,000 on April 29, but now the total is a little under 48,000. This while cases in general have spiked in hotspots like Russia, Brazil and Mexico.

This decrease in severe cases in the face of overall cases increasing around the world is very interesting and follows the recent decline in deaths within a matter of days, but it's difficult to pin down exactly why it's happening. Could be changes within the virus, could be adjustments to available treatments, could be expanded testing picking up more mild cases, could be all of those things. But it's not a fluke. 

Edited by Bacon

While I appreciate the world wide numbers updates, they aren't remotely close to being accurate. I wouldn't read too much into them at this point. No way we are getting accurate numbers from so many countries including ours. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

While I appreciate the world wide numbers updates, they aren't remotely close to being accurate. I wouldn't read too much into them at this point. No way we are getting accurate numbers from so many countries including ours. 

We can't even get accurate numbers out of ****ing Florida. GOP douche governors. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m glad the plandemic video has been outed and removed. 

a number of people sent it to me (I’m not on Facebook or any social media really so I don’t see the trending stuff..) 

glad I don’t need to continue to try to explain why it sounds like a conspiracy theory from nutters 

The last conspiracy theory I read about it lately was being spread by a famous french actress, who appears to be real dumb in doing so :P

It was about Bill Gates putting GPS chips in his Covid-19 vaccine.

How can people seriously believe stuff like that?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

The last conspiracy theory I read about it lately was being spread by a famous french actress, who appears to be real dumb in doing so :P

It was about Bill Gates putting GPS chips in his Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/le-coup-de-gueule-de-juliette-binoche-ne-vient-pas-de-nulle-part_fr_5eb3c235c5b646b73d27f256

Anyways she's still gorgeous ;)

https://www.bfmtv.com/static/nxt-video/embed-playerBridge.html?video=6155336898001&account=876450610001

Hope he's right about the 2nd wave

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

Good thing we're not waiting till we know more about this disease, before we decide on a national policy of intentionally infecting as many people as possible, so we can get the hair salons open as quickly as possible.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Italian interview with some medical professionals in Rome and Genoa discussing what we've been observing for the past couple weeks w/r/t the virus possibly weakening, I'll provide a translation for some of it:

https://www.corriere.it/salute/malattie_infettive/20_maggio_06/sars-cov-2-sta-davvero-perdendo-potenza-ecco-cosa-sappiamo-oggi-00402a12-8f71-11ea-bb7f-d3d655d2211a.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

Is Sars-CoV-2 becoming less aggressive? In recent days the opinions of several experts seem to be going in this direction. "We are observing that the virus is losing potency - said Massimo Ciccozzi, head of the Medical Statistics and Molecular Epidemiology Unit of the Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome during a hearing in the Senate -. It evolves, but loses contagiousness and, probably, lethality ». Matteo Bassetti, director of infectious diseases at the Policlinico San Martino in Genoa and member of the task force of the Liguria Region confirms: "In March this virus was a tsunami, now it has become a wave. Perhaps it is because it has already hit the most fragile subjects, making a "natural selection", or perhaps it has weakened.

What tools do we have to help us determine if Sars-CoV-2 has become less aggressive?

"The first evaluation is linked to the clinical expression of the infection, which is now milder. During the dramatic phase, about 80 people arrived at San Raffaele a day, most of whom needed hospitalization in intensive care. Things have changed markedly for about two weeks and, as we see, intensive care is gradually being released. The infection no longer flows into the very serious phase, the so-called "cytokine storm": we see it in the hospital, even if for now it is only an empirical observation. In general, patients in need of hospitalization are falling sharply, the epidemic is still there but from a clinical point of view it is "emptying".

How can you prove that the virus' power has diminished?

"We need scientific evidence of a mutation that leads him to adapt to the guest, that is, to man. A new virus is always very aggressive in the early stages, then learns to live with its "victim". It is an opportunistic attitude that allows him to survive. If a virus kills the host (like the Ebola virus) it does not, in turn, have a chance to replicate itself. 

There's a bunch more in the link that focuses on herd immunity and the impact of weather. Definitely worth the read, just run it through Google translate. All of this is borne out by the drop in serious/critical cases and deaths, as well as new mutations that are being discovered, like the one in Arizona:

https://asunow.asu.edu/20200505-asu-scientific-team-finds-new-unique-mutation-coronavirus-study

Edited by Bacon
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There's a bunch more in the link that focuses on herd immunity and the impact of weather. Definitely worth the read, just run it through Google translate. All of this is borne out by the drop in serious/critical cases and deaths, as well as new mutations that are being discovered, like the one in Arizona:

Trump's masterful medical decisions have got this virus on the run.  

On 3/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

Jim Bakker’s Prepper Village Is Having the Worst Apocalypse Ever

Morningside USA was supposed to be apocalypse-proof. 

A gated, stucco fortress in the southwest corner of Missouri’s Ozark mountains, Morningside is an evangelical Christian community built to rent condos right through the end of the world.

“Where are you going to go when the world's on fire? Where are you going to go? This place is for God's people and this place, we need some farmers to move here,” Morningside’s founder, the disgraced doomsday televangelist Jim Bakker, said in a May 2018 sermon. “Did you know people from the government, from NASA, research from so many of them, they have said in their research, the safest place to live in troubled times is right here?”  

Morningside is the name of Bakker’s Christian broadcasting empire, as well as the Missouri residential community from which he broadcasts. But it’s mostly made news in recent weeks because of its founder’s legal woes: various government agencies have accused Bakker of promoting a fake COVID-19 miracle cure. 

So what does the coronavirus pandemic look like in this temple of survival? According to interviews with people who have recently lived, worked, and spent time there, pretty much the same waking nightmare as everywhere else: mixed efforts at social distancing, layoffs, and reported shortages of everyday supplies as COVID-19 ravages the country.

A former Morningside employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she hoped to return to her job as the pandemic eased said she was among a wave of layoffs as the community entered lockdown in late March.

“They were running out of supplies they had stocked up on when I was leaving there,” said the former employee, who argued Bakker was being vilified in the media. 

The story of Morningside’s development involves two failed historical theme parks and two dozen criminal charges. 

Click on the link for the rest

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

If you accept that brainwashing by the Republican party started many decades ago, and has become so prevalent in everything they produce (magazines, talk radio, Fox Opinion, and every GOP politician, etc.) it becomes more clear.  It would take weeks to point out everything, but for example, I used to think Warren and AOC's crazy tax the rich policy was wrong, but it is actually based on sound economic policy and for 35 plus years after WWII, when the tax rate on the rich was more than two times it is now and more than what Warren and AOC proposed, the US experienced the biggest economic expansion in history.  However, if you listen to the GOP, or fraud economics, it would devastate the economy.

I now just ask them if they want to be called Ben or Bennett - after Major Bennett Marco, lead character in the Manchurian Candidate.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 3