Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

We aren't testing enough to be taking victory laps and the there's dips in reporting every weekend, likely from folks being off and waiting for Monday to start making the count accurate again.

we are testing a lot though and now there are many places where you can do drive through testing if you want now.  I saw a place with posters up offering testing...

History repeating itself, folks clamored to open up early during Spanish Flu and it lead to a worse second spike.  This is a dead cat bounce with dead bodies instead.

maybe.  All we can do is look the data though.  I’m confident Northam will make the best decision.  He didn’t jump on the shut down train early until the Data said he should and when the data suggests we should open I’m sure he will do it. He was a doctor...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

we are testing a lot though and now there are many places where you can do drive through testing if you want now.  I saw a place with posters up offering testing...

There are 8.5 million people in our state and less then 200k have been tested so far.

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

maybe.  All we can do is look the data though.  I’m confident Northam will make the best decision.  He didn’t jump on the shut down train early until the Data said he should and when the data suggests we should open I’m sure he will do it. He was a doctor...

Who wore blackface and about to start moonwalking during a press conference. He was a pediatrician neurologist, not a virologist.  There's a reason doctors don't diagnose themselves and still go to primary cares themselves.

The standard to compare to is the lack of federal response which makes all the governors look better. That doesn't mean all the governors are doing great jobs, some are just doing well all things considered, and some can't even meet that bar.  Northam has less excuses if he opens too early because he was a doctor.

Just because you fix planes doesn't mean you can fix cars or rockets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

There are 8.5 million people in our state and less then 200k have been tested so far.

Who wore blackface and about to start moonwalking during a press conference. He was a pediatrician neurologist, not a virologist.  There's a reason doctors don't diagnose themselves and still go to primary cares themselves.

The standard to compare to is the lack of federal response which makes all the governors look better. That doesn't mean all the governors are doing great jobs, some are just doing well all things considered, and some can't even meet that bar.  Northam has less excuses if he opens too early because he was a doctor.

Doctors don’t specialize into their field until much later into there educational process.  It’s likely he is more familiar with pathology than me or you. He’s not an expert in pathology but he doesn’t need to be to understand the risks of opening up better then the average person...

what does blackface in the 80s have to do with the corona virus today?

Are you suggesting we should give compulsory tests?  There are options now to get tests if you need them. Of course that wasn’t always the case... but the line to get donuts this morning was longer than the line to get a test a the walk in first aid clinic.. (no line there)

https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/mycity/virginia-beach/virginia-beach-rite-aid-location-offering-free-covid-19-testing/291-51b3e429-e2dc-46a0-9f94-7b7e633372bb

From the supply standard, we have a nice healthy supply to actually do the testing, and we have worked with our lab partners to make sure they have the capacity to analyze the results and get them out," Altman said. "We are looking at a 2- to 7-day window to get those results out."

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

33 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Doctors don’t specialize into their field until much later into there educational process.  It’s likely he is more familiar with pathology than me or you. He’s not an expert in pathology but he doesn’t need to be to understand the risks of opening up better then the average person...

The experts in pathology are saying wait, his credibility is **** if he ignores them.

what does blackface in the 80s have to do with the corona virus today?

His credibility in regards to making good judgment decisions is already shot to ****.  Oh, I get it, we need to keep the state blue so he's getting a pass, but not by me, **** that dude, he's lucky he's not allowed to run again, and hes acting like it.

Are you suggesting we should give compulsory tests?  There are options now to get tests if you need them. Of course that wasn’t always the case... but the line to get donuts this morning was longer than the line to get a test a the walk in first aid clinic.. (no line there)

https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/mycity/virginia-beach/virginia-beach-rite-aid-location-offering-free-covid-19-testing/291-51b3e429-e2dc-46a0-9f94-7b7e633372bb

My mom is trying to get tested this week, I'll let you know if she gets the run around. 

Should I take her down there and get in-line for the only Rite-Aid in the state offering that test they have? You really took "we aren't testing enough" to "so you want to make me get tested"? You have any idea how many people wish they could be made to take a test they have been begging for since March? It's May now.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He was a doctor...

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

So was Rand Paul.  Turns out they can be morons too. 

Posh.  Bill Frist could pronounce a patient's complete mental status after watching 17 seconds of video that had been edited out of a four hour video.  

https://patch.com/wisconsin/mountpleasant/wisconsin-city-has-9th-fastest-coronavirus-growth-rate-u-s

My community located between Milwaukee and Chicago, has reached the top 10 fastest coronavirus growth rate. Honestly, I am trying to wrap my head around this. I do a lot of cycling through out the city and county and the neighboring city/county of Kenosha and I do not see large groups gathering at normal hot spots, like the lake front harbor area/downtown, beach, or parks, when I ride. Even at grocery stores, the majority are wearing some type of facial covering. 

7 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

People who think that they have this virus figured out, don't. It's like nothing seen before with varying side effects not normally associated with viruses. So it's not surprising that a vaccine can't be developed rapidly. 

The only way to not get the virus is to enact stringent avoidance measures yourself.

I'm having concerns regarding the way test are done so far.

We've been told that:

- Tests are producing false positives.

- Tests are producing false negatives.

- Lots of people are asymptomatic.

Ockam's razor would tell me that our testing just plain sucks and isn't worth a dime.

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Im not sure if we get that big spike for a second wave. There’s a huge difference in how messaging and news travels today and people are unlikely to resume normal activity even if the first wave wanes.

We just "reopened" today in France.

Do you know how it ended up in a small town like "Le Perthus" which is on both France and Spain frontier?

Like this:

Resized_20200511_112841_8926-660x330.jpg

image.jpg?v=1

perthus.jpg

Just for a bunch of cigarettes/alcohol/gasoline, because it's cheaper in spain.

In Lyon?

une-rue-commercante-de-lyon-rue-de-la-re

Talk about social distancing hey!

That's casual stuff to me. With many not wearing a mask, or not properly.

So no, I'm not optimistic at all...

I almost forgot Paris and those Parisians" assholes!

"Police had to evacuate the Canal Saint-Martin" due to drinking gatherings on the afternoon...

Way to go guys!

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, c slag said:

Trump's base loves when he attacks the reporters asking questions, reminds me of something you would see during a pro wrestling telecast 

He's definitely good at being the cowardly heel who never gets his comeuppance and let's the Secret Service be his shield. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Just because you fix planes doesn't mean you can fix cars or rockets.

Speak for yourself.  The Navy taught me to be well rounded.

Anyways, I have my new camper now.  I’m ready to hunker down and let Mother Nature do some cleansing.  Plenty who don’t deserve it will get hurt, but apparently we are destined for it to happen.  May as well get it over with.

A German Man Has Been Living At An Indian Airport For 2 Months With Nowhere To Go Due To Coronavirus Pandemic

A German man has been living at India‘s Indira Gandhi International airport in New Delhi for the past 54 days, stuck in a sort of indefinite limbo due to the coronavirus pandemic, Hindustan Times reports. The case brings to mind the Tom Hanks move The Terminal, which was itself loosely based on the story of an Iranian man who was stuck in a Paris airport for 18 years.

On March 18, Edgard Ziebat, 40, was traveling from Hanoi, Vietnam, to Istanbul, Turkey, via the New Delhi airport. Unfortunately for the German, his transit through India couldn’t have come at a worse time, as the country canceled all flights to and from Turkey that same day.

He wasn’t the only foreigner stranded at the airport that day, said a spokesperson.

“After spending around a week in the transit area, with four other stranded passengers who arrived in Delhi on different dates — two from Sri Lanka and one each from the Maldives and the Philippines — airport authorities alerted their respective embassies,” an officer said.

The other stranded passengers were able to get help from their embassies and move on. But not Ziebat; he’s a wanted criminal in Germany, with active warrants out for his arrest for “several cases of assault and other crimes registered against him,” said the airport spokesperson.

German officials would not, however, arrest him in India, since he was on foreign land.

Further, due to his criminal history, he’s ineligible for an Indian visa, which means that he can’t leave the airport to wait things out in that country.

That effectively means that he’s stuck in the transit area at the airport until further notice. Normally, such passengers can only stay in the facility for 24 hours — a deadline that came and went 53 days ago.

Click on the link for the full article

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Speak for yourself.  The Navy taught me to be well rounded.

You a rocket scientist?

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Anyways, I have my new camper now.  I’m ready to hunker down and let Mother Nature do some cleansing.  Plenty who don’t deserve it will get hurt, but apparently we are destined for it to happen.  May as well get it over with.

You don't really mean that...rural areas may be the worst places because of fewer hospitals with fewer equipment, is middle of nowhere really the best place to be in a couple months?

Russia to ease lockdown as it overtakes Italy after record rise in coronavirus cases

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the gradual easing of coronavirus lockdown measures, despite a new surge in infections that has seen the country overtake Italy to record the fourth-highest number of coronavirus cases in the world.

Speaking after new cases of the novel coronavirus rose to a daily record of 11,656, Mr Putin said he would start lifting restrictions that had forced people to work from home and businesses to temporarily close.

He said unemployment had doubled to 1.4 million in a month and he wanted to try to stop it going higher, announcing support measures for businesses and families.

The Russian leader emphasised the lifting of restrictions would be gradual and that individual regions in the world's largest country would need to tailor their approach to varying local conditions.

Moscow, for example, has said it will keep its own lockdown measures in place until May 31. More than half of all cases and deaths have been in Moscow, the epicentre of Russia's outbreak.

Click on the link for the full article

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You a rocket scientist?

I prefer the term rocket mechanic.  

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You don't really mean that...rural areas may be the worst places because of fewer hospitals with fewer equipment, is middle of nowhere really the best place to be in a couple months?

Actually I do.  Has nothing to do with the area.  There is plenty of dumb in each area.  And if it’s coming, which we seem intent on ensuring, I’d rather get it out of the way now before I’m any older and any un-healthier.  And may be able to enjoy a little of the other side.  We’re all ****ed.  The sooner we acknowledge and accept it, the sooner we can prepare for the aftermath.  

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I prefer the term rocket mechanic.  

Then you missed point I made about Northam entirely, because he wasn't cross-trained as a rocket mechanic or pathologist. He should listen to the folks that are, and doesn't deserve the "he's close enough" excuse if he doesnt

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The sooner we acknowledge and accept it, the sooner we can prepare for the afterlife.  

FTFY. Government shouldn't be allowed to make us fend for ourselves after all the taxes we give them.  I have my property tax on my car that's collecting dust on a payment plan, **** that.

44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Then you missed point I made about Northam entirely, because he wasn't cross-trained as a rocket mechanic or pathologist. He should listen to the folks that are, and doesn't deserve the "he's close enough" excuse if he doesnt

It was a joke.  I was an auto mechanic before I joined the Navy, then worked on aircraft and have some very minor rocket experience.

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Government shouldn't be allowed to make us fend for ourselves after all the taxes we give them

You may be right.  But complaining about the way it should be doesn’t change the way it is.

• Like 1