Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Fauci will issue a stark warning on the risks of reopening too soon.

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert and a central figure in the government’s response to the coronavirus, intends to warn the Senate on Tuesday that Americans would experience “needless suffering and death” if the country opens up too quickly.

Dr. Fauci, who has emerged as perhaps the nation’s most respected voice during the coronavirus crisis, is one of four top government doctors scheduled to testify remotely at a high-profile hearing on Tuesday before the Senate Health Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

It will be his first appearance before Congress since President Trump declared a national emergency in March, and a chance for him to address lawmakers and the public without President Trump by his side.

“The major message that I wish to convey to the Senate HLP committee tomorrow is the danger of trying to open the country prematurely,” he wrote. “If we skip over the checkpoints in the guidelines to: ‘Open America Again,’ then we risk the danger of multiple outbreaks throughout the country. This will not only result in needless suffering and death, but would actually set us back on our quest to return to normal.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

His credibility in regards to making good judgment decisions is already shot to ****.  Oh, I get it, we need to keep the state blue so he's getting a pass, but not by me, **** that dude, he's lucky he's not allowed to run again, and hes acting like it.

I think you do yourself a disservice judging the entirety of a man on the basis of a stupid Halloween costume he wore 35 years ago.

• Like 3

How many tests are we doing a day in this country?

China's Wuhan plans city-wide testing for coronavirus over period of 10 days: sources

BEIJING (Reuters) - The Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of China’s coronavirus outbreak, plans to conduct city-wide nucleic acid testing over a period of 10 days, according to an internal document seen by Reuters and two sources familiar with the situation.

Every district in the city has been told to submit a detailed testing plan by Tuesday for their respective area, the document showed.

The Wuhan health authority could not be immediately reached for comment outside of business hours.

The city of 11 million people reported its first cluster of new infections over the weekend, after a months-long lockdown was lifted on April 8.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I think you do yourself a disservice judging the entirety of a man on the basis of a stupid Halloween costume he wore 35 years ago.

I mentioned at least two different things I didn't like about that matter and why I feel the way I do about Northam now, and one of them wasn't 35 years ago, it was last year. 

I have every right to hold him accountable to the way he handled the reveal that he did that 35 years ago, moving the goal post on what I'm supposed to be offended by is OT, but I'm tired of being told what I should and shouldnt be offended by.

He handled that poorly and basically just ignored it until the DNC gave up trying to push him out, that's what killed it for me jut being a mistake he commited 35 years ago.  If I had known that before his primary, I would've voted for Periello instead, I would not of held my nose for him, especially seeing his response to this pandemic, I'm not impressed because its not impressive.

Edited by Renegade7

Trump sees he's ****ing up and is getting poor approval ratings for his handling of the pandemic:

"I have nothing to do with this, this is on the states"

Trump sees the state Governors are (mostly) getting great approval ratings for their handling of the pandemic:

"That's all because of me!"

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trump sees he's ****ing up and is getting poor approval ratings for his handling of the pandemic:

Trump sees the state Governors are (mostly) getting great approval ratings for their handling of the pandemic:

New Coronavirus Found In Bats Helps Shut Down Lab-Made Origin Story Of Covid-19

Scientists have recently discovered a new coronavirus living in bats that appears to be a close cousin of SARS-CoV-2, the pathogen responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic. While the discovery won’t shut down all conspiracy theories about the virus's origin story, it does suggest that bats are the most likely natural hosts for SARS-CoV-2, and the pathogen was not artificially created in a lab.

Known as RmYN02, the newly identified virus was discovered in samples taken from bats living in the Yunnan Province of southern China during the latter half of 2019. Reported in the journal Current Biology, researchers in China have carried out genetic analysis of the new virus and found it shares 93.3 percent of its genome with SARS-CoV-2.

Click on the link for the full article

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Hold my beer son....

I thought you weren’t taking any responsibility at all?!?!?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Snatching at straws, he is. Desperate as well as delusional.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One of Hillary's former assistants discovers that her husband's laptop contains copies of years-old Hillary emails.  She informs the FBI that she has discovered this, and turns over the emails.  

Agents in the NY office blackmail Director Comey into informing Republican members of Congress of this.  

Members of Congress immediately go public with claims of the investigation being reopened because of stunning new, previously hidden, evidence.  

Comey is hailed as the man who gave Trump the election.  

Later, it's revealed that the stunning new evidence is simply copies of emails they already had.  

The IC discovers that their wiretaps of the Russian Ambassador have recorded contacts between the Russian Ambassador and Donald Trump's campaign.  

Barack Obama requests a list of every person who would normally be cleared for information of this type, and crosses names off the list, to keep this information from being politicized.  

His decision turns out to be successful.  The information is not leaked before the election.  

Trump/Fox News/GOP:  "Barack Obama politicized the FBI against Donald Trump!"

• Sad 3