Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Rivera said there was no interest to bring in Cam Newton.

"At the end of the day, we have a young football team with a young quarterback in position. We have the chance to set and establish a thing so that’s the way we’re looking at it."

At the end of the day, those of you who are looking for an explanation into our free agency strategy... there it is.

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

At the end of the day, those of you who are looking for an explanation into our free agency strategy... there it is.

Makes sense to me. Why bring in Allen when you can bring in Cam. Rivera knows too much about Cam not to bring him in at all. Focus on developing the young and build for the future instead of win now mentality that Bruce had every year. 

35 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Kyle Allen I believe has:

2020: $675k

2021: $875k

2022: $975k

Cam Newton would probably command $18-25 million per year, and a 2020 hit (had we traded for him) of $17m. That's the difference in demand.

isn’t Allen just under contract in 2020

28 minutes ago, zskins said:

Makes sense to me. Why bring in Allen when you can bring in Cam. Rivera knows too much about Cam not to bring him in at all. Focus on developing the young and build for the future instead of win now mentality that Bruce had every year. 

I think it has more to do with what he thinks about Haskins at his salary rather than what he knows about Cam at his.

Why bring Cam in to start when you believe you have a starter in Haskins? He's not going to bring Cam in to back up Haskins. 

I also think RR believes Cam will get a one year deal this year from someone to start. He'll have another shot to reevaluate the situation after seeing what he has in Haskins and where Cam is at come next offseason.

If he feels Haskins is not the guy after the year, Cam might be an option via free agency, while he hand picks his QB of the future via the 2021 draft.

38 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I think it has more to do with what he thinks about Haskins at his salary rather than what he knows about Cam at his.

Why bring Cam in to start when you believe you have a starter in Haskins? He's not going to bring Cam in to back up Haskins. 

True and yes if Cam comes in he is the starter and Haskins the backup. That was not going to happen. It is better to bring in someone who is a backup and has a shot to be the starter if it comes to that. 

21 hours ago, carex said:

I thought Love was

We don't know what Love is, and with the potentially limited evaluation period, we might not know before they have to decide.  All kinda depends on how this virus plays out. I suspect OTAs are probably out.  They might not be able to lay eyes on guys on the field and watch them work until July.  Assuming training camp starts on time.

Here's to hoping we have a football season..folks flippin we did nothing in free agency when it won't matter when there isn't a season...no mini camps no gatherings of nothing...**** might start getting normal just before pres season and with nothing done prior to training camp the season is cancelled and there will be no 2020 nfl season.

Archived