Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

No on

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some teams appear to think Washington will cut Williams, and his side has pushed for it, but a source said that won't happen.

Not sure who thinks the team is going to cut Williams. They would literally have to have zero offers of anything, even a 7th round pick, for that to make sense.

20 minutes ago, Jericho said:

No on

Not sure who thinks the team is going to cut Williams. They would literally have to have zero offers of anything, even a 7th round pick, for that to make sense.

Yeah I guess maybe Trent's agent believes this that if Trent is a pain enough in the butt, the Redskins would just release him.  But agree that would be crazy.

Trent's agent is going on 106.7 at 11.  Interesting.

Standig makes a good point here.  At this point if I am the Redskins I'd try to agree on compensation without Trent's contract demands -- if a team is willing to do so and thereby expose Trent's salary demands as the hang up.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.17.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.19.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.25.38 AM.png

On 1/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Since there were some grumblings about continuing the old thread, and since all things Brucifer are best forgotten, here is a thread as fresh as the Del Rio hire.

Hmmm, Del Rio means of/from the river, and our coach's name is Rivera....

Gone:

Ereck Flowers

Added:

Kendall Fuller

Wes Schweitzer

Kevin Pierre Louis

Thomas Davis

Sean Davis

J.D. McKissic

Logan Thomas

Cornelius Lucas

Richard Rodgers

Peyton Barber

Thomas Davis

Vujnovich

Traded 5th rnd pick for Kyle Allen

Re-signed Orchard

Franchised Scherff

Add Codi Latimer (WR) 

I'd like him traded before the draft.

Pick up Darryl Williams or someone. Get Bree and Logan Ryan. This team now has better depth AND starting talent.

Still have holes. LB scares me a little. FS could be a weak point still (I'd love Winfield Jr, Dugger to play WILL/FS or Chinn, but I think they're gone by our pick... sadly I think we'll need to pass on my boy Akeem Davis-Gaither if any of those three are on the board... But it's a crap shoot.)

Tight end could use a #1 body. We have 2s and 3s out the wazoo now, though. 

LT needs help. 

I don't want to trade #2, but doing that would net us a ton of picks. Along with a Williams trade... That REALLY sets the tone for our future moving forward.

I think he gets moved on Friday (Day 2 of the draft). 

i think a number of teams are looking at the top 5-6 Tackles and dont want to move early, but if another highly rated player falls to them, then they'll say

"We need a Tackle and this crop is pretty good, but Player X just fell into our lap and we cant afford to pass... Call Ron"

I.E. Jeudy/Lamb fall to the Jets at 11... Do they really pass on them if their OT #1 and OT #2 are already off the board?

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If he sits out again and then leaves it's a 3rd round comp pick, so basically yes, a 3rd rounder is worth $14.5 mill, especially if it hurts his future. **** Trent.

I believe as he is a 10 year vet the comp pick is capped at a 5th rounder maximum.

20 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

I think he gets moved on Friday (Day 2 of the draft). 

i think a number of teams are looking at the top 5-6 Tackles and dont want to move early, but if another highly rated player falls to them, then they'll say

"We need a Tackle and this crop is pretty good, but Player X just fell into our lap and we cant afford to pass... Call Ron"

I.E. Jeudy/Lamb fall to the Jets at 11... Do they really pass on them if their OT #1 and OT #2 are already off the board?

Yeah, I think that if Jeudy and Lamb are still there at 11, at least 2 tackles would be gone. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If he sits out again and then leaves it's a 3rd round comp pick, so basically yes, a 3rd rounder is worth $14.5 mill, especially if it hurts his future. **** Trent.

Franchise his ass.  He'd still get less than he wants and someone still has to pay our asking price, but we can make it a reasonable one.

We can basically end Trent's career if we wanted since by the time we'd no longer be able to franchise him it'd be five years since he'd played

8 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Yeah, I think that if Jeudy and Lamb are still there at 11, at least 2 tackles would be gone. 

Yup...But read what I said carefully... I said THEIR OT #1 and OT#2.

Most everyone assumes that 2 tackles will be taken in the top 8-10. But if a group of teams assume those tackles are Thomas and Wirfs and they have Becton and Wills rated higher, then they dont want to move...

Thats my point... With 6 tackles being looked at as the same caliber of player, teams can draw up a number of scenarios where their top 1 or 2 fall.

Along with this, are the teams hoping to snag Wilson or Jackson in the 2nd. If they get picked in the 1st, then that plan goes away... and I think its possible.

There is a lot of skill players, corners, and versatile LBs that will be available in the 2nd-4th round, so I think teams will make a run on Tackles knowing they can get a starting skill player later.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

There would be no comp pick as since we went dumpster diving in FA this year I imagine we’d open up the purse strings next year and offset any comp picks we have coming our way.

This... I hate the Comp pick avenue. Once Ron gets his program going, we're going to be buyers next year (assuming Haskins doesnt crash and burn). Not only will we have cap space, but our actual payroll will be even lower with no Alex Smith and a cheap Haskins. Perfect time to give out signing bonuses.

Interestingly we were supposed to be negotiating a reduced contract with Kerrigan several weeks ago. Still nothing. Something can’t add up.....

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I believe as he is a 10 year vet the comp pick is capped at a 5th rounder maximum.

seems like this is being confirmed now. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Who would you rather have at this juncture ?

Thomas Davis or the freak, James Harrison ?

Is this a trick question? Harrison retired two years ago and is 5 years older. I'd take pretty much any warm body over Harrison at this point

9 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

not too far away, south Cumbria. Probably just over an hour north from where you are 👍

10 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Where the heck do you get all this news, I might just get your mobile number off you so I don't have to check on here every 15 minutes or so 😂,. 

I'm from Bolton buddy, where is your neck of the woods?. 

HTTR 

(I know no-one asked but) Currently living in South Worcestershire, been up in Nottingham past 10 years or so

6 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I wonder what happened between Dennard and the Jaguars to kill the deal?

I heard that when they had a physical done it was reported that he had a “Jalen Ramsey is my hero” tattoo on his lower back.

this is satire. Please don’t sue me. It’s not an accurate statement Mr. DENNARD.

Archived