Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby


Riggo-toni

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, method man said:

As part of this “culture change,” one guy we have not discussed is Morgan Moses. The guy could not stop mouthing off to the media last year. Combine that with his soso play on a pricy deal. He needs to go

 

I’ve suggested taking someone like Charlie Heck in the 4th. I wonder if we can play Lucas or Christian there or grab a Beachum to man the position on a 1 yr deal

 

Never been a Moses guy.  Flag waiting to happen, overpaid, have heard him weekly on the Junkies and doesnt seem to have a clue about the reality of the team he is on.  I'd keep him one more year because we already have enough holes, but the savings become a lot more significant in 2021 if we move on and I hope we do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

It has been frustrating watching other teams pick up good players and splash the cash whilst we pick up predominantly depth guys but we just have to trust in Ron and if he needs a season to clear the trash in the franchise and establish a culture then it’s going to take patience but I believe he will get it right and long term we will be all the better for it

Come on Vinny. You and Brucifer should just move on. Your reign of money ball is over.

Edited by joeken24
add
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Pretty sure you’re right. Their actions and words support this.  
 

I’m very interested to see if they attempt to trade back though.  if they do, I don’t believe they will get the haul many on here would require to make up for losing out on Young.  Considering the amount of hate for the unsplashy FA process, I think a lot more would be turned off by a trade back.  Adding a lot of draftees would mesh well with their philosophy so far though, IMO - getting even younger, further upping depth/competition, and (hopefully) replacing a lot of these cheap, short term FAs... especially after a development year.  I could be way off base of course.  

 

 

 

 

I don't think they are attempting to trade back.  But at the same time, if a big enough offer comes in (3 1's and a couple 3's), they have to take it.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Glad other people are starting to see the foundational aspect of this.

 

Now, go get Logan Ryan and Bree :ols:

 

What people (not necessarily you) are forgetting is that this system turned a no-name Josh Norman into All-World and also unknown Bradberry into an All-Pro.

 

It is an overly simple defense that asks as the #1 quality for the CB's to be physical.  Moreau, Fuller, and Moreland all will play downhill and aggressive.

Dunbar not so much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people are freaking out a bit here. 

 

We were 3-13 last year. Roster overhaul should occur. Getting rid of malecontents is a must. Bringing in hard working players is a must and even if they aren't that talented, coaching a roster full of hardworking players under the same vision does a lot for teams. 

 

I haven't looked through all the players we've gotten, but I know we haven't broken the bank there or sacrificed the future of the team. Ron is building a foundation, and he doesn't even know if the main piece (haskins) is his guy yet.

 

We could turn around record wise because we have much better coaching on defense, but we won't be real contenders until the qb situation gets worked out. Until then, don't overspend, instead fill your team with hard workers and create the culture you want. This is not a bad way to go about a new coaching regime. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

 

 

I don't think they are attempting to trade back.  But at the same time, if a big enough offer comes in (3 1's and a couple 3's), they have to take it.

 

What people (not necessarily you) are forgetting is that this system turned a no-name Josh Norman into All-World and also unknown Bradberry into an All-Pro.

 

It is an overly simple defense that asks as the #1 quality for the CB's to be physical.  Moreau, Fuller, and Moreland all will play downhill and aggressive.

Dunbar not so much. 


I was never really a fan of the Dunbar being a top NFL corner thing that was hot around here.

 

I do think there’s some corner talent. But I’d love Logan Ryan. I think he’s a perfect fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Some people are freaking out a bit here. 

 

We were 3-13 last year. Roster overhaul should occur. Getting rid of malecontents is a must. Bringing in hard working players is a must and even if they aren't that talented, coaching a roster full of hardworking players under the same vision does a lot for teams. 

 

I haven't looked through all the players we've gotten, but I know we haven't broken the bank there or sacrificed the future of the team. Ron is building a foundation, and he doesn't even know if the main piece (haskins) is his guy yet.

 

We could turn around record wise because we have much better coaching on defense, but we won't be real contenders until the qb situation gets worked out. Until then, don't overspend, instead fill your team with hard workers and create the culture you want. This is not a bad way to go about a new coaching regime. 

 

It's what RR did in Carolina and four years later they were 15-1 and in the Super Bowl.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:


I was never really a fan of the Dunbar being a top NFL corner thing that was hot around here.

 

I do think there’s some corner talent. But I’d love Logan Ryan. I think he’s a perfect fit.

 

 

With you on both accounts.  I think there are 2-3 players the Redskins are monitoring and have their price in mind.  If the players come down to that number they will be signed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Who the **** are these guys? I feel like we’re assembling the real life version of Major League. Have we adequately scouted the California penal league?

 

I mean based on that example we should expect good things, right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:


I was never really a fan of the Dunbar being a top NFL corner thing that was hot around here.

 

I do think there’s some corner talent. But I’d love Logan Ryan. I think he’s a perfect fit.

 

Agreed. If no one had seen that PFF grade people would describe him like he actually is...a good solid corner...when on the field. But he is not...or ever was...close to elite.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

 

I mean based on that example we should expect good things, right?

Actually not, now that I think about it.  I certainly don't want to see them peel a section off of a picture of Dan Snyder after every win.  😖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Actually not, now that I think about it.  I certainly don't want to see them peel a section off of a picture of Dan Snyder after every win.  😖

 

Well, I'm talking wins.  I don't know what they do in the locker room and I don't want to know... haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Timberob said:

This is why Ii think they may have a deal in place already with Miami. Why over pay a cb if you are getting Okudah st 5? Otherwise are you taking a cb in round 3 when you need an OT, TE, or WR there?

 

Good point about the plan at CB. That trade with Miami will also likely include their #18 and hopefully their 2nd rounder (more likely their 3rd rounder though) which will alter how they attack the draft with their newly acquired picks. Okudah at 5, OT or WR at 18 and TE Harrison Bryant in the 3rd round would blow my proverbial skirt up.

Edited by Wyndorf25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

 

Good point about the plan at CB. That trade with Miami will also likely include their #18 and hopefully their 2nd rounder (more likely their 3rd rounder though) which will alter how they attack the draft with their newly acquired picks. Okudah at 5, OT or WR at 18 and TE Harrison Bryant in the 3rd round would blow my skirt up.

 

 

Chase Young is better than what you just said.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

 

 

Chase Young is better than what you just said.

 

Maybe he is. But if the team hits on even 2 of those three picks and they become perennial pro-bowlers, you would still want just what Young offers? I don't even disagree that Young will be a trans-formative player, I'm just saying I can get behind the idea of forfeiting Young for the potential of a few players that can augment obvious areas of weakness.

 

At the end of the day, Young is the safer pick. I just wouldn't be upset if the team wound up with more picks--provided they hit on their selections and that is why trading back is riskier, but it offers more upside in terms of overall talent acquisition which the team can control on the cheap for a number of years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

 

Maybe he is. But if the team hits on even 2 of those three picks and they become perennial pro-bowlers, you would still want just what Young offers? I don't even disagree that Young will be a trans-formative player, I'm just saying I can get behind the idea of forfeiting Young for the potential of a few players that can augment obvious areas of weakness.

 

At the end of the day, Young is the safer pick. I just wouldn't be upset if the team wound up with more picks--provided they hit on their selections and that is why trading back is riskier, but it offers more upside in terms of overall talent acquisition which the team can control on the cheap for a number of years.

 

Not saying anyone will be these players, but if you had the choice of Lawrence Taylor or Chris Samuels and James Thrash, which one are you taking?

 

We as fans have to get over the mindset of plugging holes with rookies.  It's a losing philosophy in the long run.  Fill positions with players via FA then draft BPA at every pick.  That's what wins in the long.  49ers took defensive line in the first round 3 out of 4 years and look where they are at. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

 

Not saying anyone will be these players, but if you had the choice of Lawrence Taylor or Chris Samuels and James Thrash, which one are you taking?

 

We as fans have to get over the mindset of plugging holes with rookies.  It's a losing philosophy in the long run.  Fill positions with players via FA then draft BPA at every pick.  That's what wins in the long.  49ers took defensive line in the first round 3 out of 4 years and look where they are at. 

 

I get it. I do tend to err on the side of taking the best talent at positions of need more than just being a BPA at all times. Some of this is also a reaction to the lack of any urgency in FA so far. I mean, if you land some starters in FA, then you have more flexibility in the draft to go BPA. So far, the Redskins have not really, unless you count Fuller as a starting caliber CB.

 

As for your analogy, I take issue with James Thrash (who was a decent enough player). Chris Samuels and say Gary Clark though... I dunno, if Young really does wind up becoming a hall of fame player, then, yeah almost anyone would take that but there are no guarantees he will.

Edited by Wyndorf25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

 

I get it. I do tend to err on the side of taking the best talent at positions of need more than just being a BPA at all times. Some of this is also a reaction to the lack of any urgency in FA so far. I mean, if you land some starters in FA, then you have more flexibility in the draft to go BPA. So far, the Redskins have not really, unless you count Fuller as a starting caliber CB.

 

As for your analogy, I take issue with James Thrash (who was a decent enough player). Chris Samuels and say Gary Clark though... I dunno, if Young really does wind up becoming a hall of fame player, then, yeah almost anyone would take that but there are no guarantees he will.

 

There are no guarantees in the draft. Even if you trade down and pick multiple players, there is no guarantee any of them will be good/great players let alone starters.  However when you have a shot at a possible blue chip player you take that. You don't trade down for multiple good players so that you can fill starting positions.  There will be other options beyond the draft when teams release certain players and/or trade them for next years picks. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...