Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I get it. I do tend to err on the side of taking the best talent at positions of need more than just being a BPA at all times. Some of this is also a reaction to the lack of any urgency in FA so far. I mean, if you land some starters in FA, then you have more flexibility in the draft to go BPA. So far, the Redskins have not really, unless you count Fuller as a starting caliber CB.

Which player should the Redskins have gone after?  Did that player want to be a Redskin?  If so, what was the asking price?

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Exactly.  The best way to help a weak secondary is to get consistent pressure with 4.

It would be interesting to see the front four in obvious passing downs if Young is drafted.  Kerrigan and Allen inside with Sweat and Young outside?  Kerrigan and Young inside with Sweat and Orchard outside?

6 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

It would be interesting to see the front four in obvious passing downs if Young is drafted.  Kerrigan and Allen inside with Sweat and Young outside?  Kerrigan and Young inside with Sweat and Orchard outside?

Sweat, Ioan, Allen, Young if they draft Young. 

This year is evaluating what he inherited, bringing in players who can become RiveraSkins and some camp fodder, and installing a winning culture.

If by chance we can also contend this year for a playoff spot; that would be an added bonus.   He probably needs to mold the offense more than he

does the defense.  We will see who will rise to the occasion and help us become regular contenders.  The returning players who don't cut it; will not

be Redskins after this year.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If by chance we can also contend this year for a playoff spot; that would be an added bonus.   .

Its going to be very hard for teams with new coaches to succeed in 2020. Especially those with young developing QBs.  Good possibility OTAs are scrapped, and training camps being delayed might soon be a beat case scenario.  Teams like the Seahawks and Steelers with coaches and QBs in place are going to have a huge advantage.

I'm optimistic for the skins future, and assuming not many significant additions in FA and Chase young being the only impactful rookie, I'd guess we are looking at a 6-10 type season.  To me, it's all about how much these coaches can get in front of these guys in the offseason, and it ain't looking good.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Sweat, Ioan, Allen, Young if they draft Young. 

Exactly this. But, in the base defense, expect a lot of Sweat, Payne, Allen and Young. One of the first video interviews of either JDR or Rivera mentioned that part of why they thought the switch to a 4-3 would be so easy is that they felt they already had the perfect 1-technique. Dawg, I know you are already aware, but the one technique shaded to the shoulder of the center and generally absorbs double teams from the guard and center, but still usually has a 1 gap responsibility. The guy on the roster that clearly fits that description is Payne. Ioannidis and Allen will probably share the 3 technique responsibilities in the base defense and both should be on the field in 3rd and long. 

https://www.pff.com/news/defensive-prototypes-1-technique

Anyway, I’d love Randall and Logan Ryan now please. If we are going to suck this year, I’d at least like to see some competent defense. 

Payne is absolutely a 1-tech. Perfect for that role. Has played it here already. Allen is a 3. Prototype. Ioan can ply both, will likely see snaps at both and more snaps than both of them in total. Settle can spell a little bit too. We don’t really have a guy who can all out be a true nose sub so we’ll need to be creative with packages. 

Best pass rush grouping is with Ioan and Allen inside. 

That agent is a moron. He bring up JPP and says he got paid 40% while Trent got paid nothing. JPP wanted to play right after his finger got blown off. He looked at ways to play with the disability. Big difference is that Trent didn’t show up at all. 

His agency just screwed up this whole situation and Is making it worse. The team has the power, that’s the nature of the beast. 

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Admittedly, I’m a sucker for speed at the WR spot in today’s NFL and after to coming to my novice conclusion speed at WR coupled with aggressive down field concepts makes the game muuuuch easier for the QB that has a cannon. 

The comp I like to make is the NBA evolving to 3s and layups and that NFL deep passing and Flats/check downs/Run game. 

Bring on high risk Cooks. 

Mcclaurin

Cooks

Sims

Meeep... meeep

Pound the physical freaks:

Peterson

Guice

Alright, I’m done... back to signing roster spots 30-53 ;)

That Fuller contract is actually easy to get out of after 1 year. Well structured deal.

Looks like we are down to 28mil in cap space now. We only have 5 players left with 2020 cap hits over 10mil. Smith, Scherff, Williams, Collins, Kerrigan.

In a variety of ways we can create another 10-12mil easily, pushing that back to 40mil. Good chance if we trade Trent we sign Peters, so that will negate most the cap saving.

Can still do a lot with 40mil. Let’s get a couple of DBs in.

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

is it 5 concussions in 6 seasons? Sadly, no thanks.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That Fuller contract is actually easy to get out of after 1 year. Well structured deal.

Looks like we are down to 28mil in cap space now. We only have 5 players left with 2020 cap hits over 10mil. Smith, Scherff, Williams, Collins, Kerrigan.

In a variety of ways we can create another 10-12mil easily, pushing that back to 40mil. Good chance if we trade Trent we sign Peters, so that will negate most the cap saving.

Can still do a lot with 40mil. Let’s get a couple of DBs in.

is it 5 concussions in 6 seasons? Sadly, no thanks.

I'm not sure but he had 2 last year and 5 in all throughout college and NFL.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just seen that Daryl Williams signed for the Bills. Damn, would like to see the terms of that one year deal.

I would think we must have Peters lined up to replace Trent in 2020.

That's the way I'm understanding it too, UK74.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just seen that Daryl Williams signed for the Bills. Damn, would like to see the terms of that one year deal.

I would think we must have Peters lined up to replace Trent in 2020.

Check out SmartChoiceFootball on twitter put their name in and look on March 25th and you'll see them saying that the Redskins and Jason Peter have discussed a 1 year deal and deal could be done in the upcoming days.  :)

Archived