Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

The Redskins quite literally had their own draft with all the unproven FAs they picked up.

They’re proven. Proven to be lousy. Most of these guys are on their 3rd or 4th teams. Essentially you had a draft consistently only of the 6th and 7th rounds.

2 hours ago, mojo said:

For all the complaints I see on Twitter about Rivera playing this Free agency period on the cheap, I agree with his approach.  Establish a new culture, no overpaying on big names, see what you with the young talent on the team, and utilize our cap space next year on players that could put us in contention.  It’s a process, let it play out.

Problem is it would have been a good year to either sign one of our own or someone else and frontload it for the next couple years. That 130 ain’t gonna seem like much when zero of your nucleus is signed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They’re proven. Proven to be lousy. Most of these guys are on their 3rd or 4th teams. Essentially you had a draft consistently only of the 6th and 7th rounds.

Problem is it would have been a good year to either sign one of our own or someone else and frontload it for the next couple years. That 130 ain’t gonna seem like much when zero of your nucleus is signed. 

The nucleus of a 3 win team? I’m not sure who you’re referring to other than Trent and Dunbar and those guys have made their bed. I think this year is a purely an evaluation season for Rivera.  Go young and see what we have. We invested a 1st rd pick in Haskins so let’s give him an opportunity. If he flops, we have the cap space next year to make a change.  

4 minutes ago, mojo said:

The nucleus of a 3 win team? I’m not sure who you’re referring to other than Trent and Dunbar and those guys have made their bed. I think this year is a purely an evaluation season for Rivera.  Go young and see what we have. We invested a 1st rd pick in Haskins so let’s give him an opportunity. If he flops, we have the cap space next year to make a change.  

Not what I’m saying. I’m saying once we have that 130 to play around with, we’re going to spend it on key players if they’re still here. That 130, I presume, doesn’t include Jon Allen or Scherff or Kerrigan if he’s back. Same with 2022 and so on and so forth. Right now no one is locked up long term aside from Collins. I agree it’s an evaluation year but if you’re trying to evaluate too many fringe players at one time then it’s hard to get a real good evaluation of the better players.

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

The Redskins quite literally had their own draft with all the unproven FAs they picked up. Young guys that have a little bit of experience in the NFL, gone through whatever sophomore slump and understand what is expected to be a pro. 

Very good take, sometimes experience and maturity brings out the best in all of us. Low cost, high motor is rarely a bad thing.

Now for the love of God.

Please get us a Cornerback!

1 hour ago, redrobert said:

Now for the love of God.

Please get us a Cornerback!

I agree, I do expect us to sign one.

We are clearly reluctant to overpay, or we are letting the market play out. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, maybe we have one eye on Okudah in a trade back scenario.

Lots of moving part here.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

IMO, you've been brainwashed by years of Vinny and Brusifer to think gaining big name/big money FA is the way to go. You seem also under the belief that one or two players are going to change the win/lose ratio. And let's not forget the culture. Now to your inaccurate short sighted point about these FAs being bad, how do you really know if you're not watching accurate film on them? Further I suppose you're saying indirectly that Ron and Kyle don't know what they're doing before you've seen one down under this regime. Being a pessimist is a choice so I'm not asking anyone to shift their viewpoint. But I'd really like to know what players you would have brought in that wouldnt seem remotely like what the Redskins have done for the past 2 decades with horrible results? Oh yeah, these players have moved around. But they're still in the league. Some of the Redskins starters of only a couple years ago aren't even in the league anymore. Hell Josh Norman is probably only in the league because of the Bills head coach. Big name/big money/fake player analysis. I call them reporter players. You can't win with reporter players.

• Like 2

It has been frustrating watching other teams pick up good players and splash the cash whilst we pick up predominantly depth guys but we just have to trust in Ron and if he needs a season to clear the trash in the franchise and establish a culture then it’s going to take patience but I believe he will get it right and long term we will be all the better for it

I really liked the combo of Ron's and Kyle's shrewd ways with the salary cap. 

When the time comes to pounce on a player that's expensive but is talented and will makean impact, we have Dan's checkbook to make it happen. We almost signed Amari for big bucks.

I have a feeling that Rivera and Smith will find some impactful players in the draft and through free agency. 

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I agree, I do expect us to sign one.

We are clearly reluctant to overpay, or we are letting the market play out. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, maybe we have one eye on Okudah in a trade back scenario.

Lots of moving part here.

This is why Ii think they may have a deal in place already with Miami. Why over pay a cb if you are getting Okudah st 5? Otherwise are you taking a cb in round 3 when you need an OT, TE, or WR there?

Edited by Timberob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

This is just as much on Bruce. Petty f***ing dictator. He was so confident he was in the right while we were all screaming at him to trade Trent.

Bruce is sitting at home with his millions smiling from ear to ear. He told Trent he would bleed him, warned him not to screw with him, and it looks like he really stuck it to him costing him millions. And as a bonus he stuck it to the employer that fired knowing he hood winked the owner for 10 years.

Bruce is my hero!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Timberob said:

This is why Ii think they may have a deal in place already with Miami. Why over pay a cb if you are getting Okudah st 5? Otherwise are you taking a cb in round 3 when you need an OT, TE, or WR there?

Has to be all 3 of there 1st round picks, we can throw Williams in to sweaten the pot. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

It has been frustrating watching other teams pick up good players and splash the cash whilst we pick up predominantly depth guys but we just have to trust in Ron and if he needs a season to clear the trash in the franchise and establish a culture then it’s going to take patience but I believe he will get it right and long term we will be all the better for it

We've been down the splash road way too many times with meddling danny boy. I hope Riverboat got the right free agents, and that they will perform despite their lack of fame or notoriety.

7 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

really lousy players don't make and play for three or four teams.  I mean it's not like these guys have only been to three or four teams training camp rosters.  They've played regular season games for three or four teams

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carex said:

really lousy players don't make and play for three or four teams.  I mean it's not like these guys have only been to three or four teams training camp rosters.  They've played regular season games for three or four teams

Evan started multiple games for multiple teams

More and more I find myself not caring about veteran player X or veteran player Y, at least when trying to build the roster from it's current state.

Dont want to be here?  Cool, dont let the door hit you.  

B-minus free agent wants how much money?  Lol adios muchacho.

Maybe I'm jaded from the eons of ineptitude around here, but at this juncture it's just not about the players for me.  It starts with culture and organizational attitude and until that gets fixed, the Skins aren't going to be interesting in January.

Which is why Rivera is such a breath of fresh air for me.  At first I thought we'd see a quick turnaround to respectability in the win column, but with the way hes approached free agency, I think its crystal clear the record in 2020 is secondary in his mind to fixing the intangibles around this dump.  And now with the plan unfolding, I find myself doing a slow nod and climbing on board for a longer ride than initially occurred to me.

This is okay.  Even if it fails in the end, I'm fine with trying to fix the foundation first.  Let's get back to basics around here.  No more nonsense, no more country club atmosphere...put your damn helmet on and get to work so we can coach your ass up.

They'll be FAs we like next year.  And the year after that.  And the year after that.  Let's just bring in culture guys and create competition, do our best to nail the draft, and see what we got come August. 

Took me a second, but I can dig it.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

As part of this “culture change,” one guy we have not discussed is Morgan Moses. The guy could not stop mouthing off to the media last year. Combine that with his soso play on a pricy deal. He needs to go

I’ve suggested taking someone like Charlie Heck in the 4th. I wonder if we can play Lucas or Christian there or grab a Beachum to man the position on a 1 yr deal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Bruce is sitting at home with his millions smiling from ear to ear. He told Trent he would bleed him, warned him not to screw with him, and it looks like he really stuck it to him costing him millions. And as a bonus he stuck it to the employer that fired knowing he hood winked the owner for 10 years.

Bruce is my hero!

You sound miserable. More worried about punishing a malcontent out of spite than gaining a 1st round pick back...but because it sucks for everyone involved except Bruce, he's your hero? Yikes

27 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

More and more I find myself not caring about veteran player X or veteran player Y, at least when trying to build the roster from it's current state.

Dont want to be here?  Cool, dont let the door hit you.  

B-minus free agent wants how much money?  Lol adios muchacho.

Maybe I'm jaded from the eons of ineptitude around here, but at this juncture it's just not about the players for me.  It starts with culture and organizational attitude and until that gets fixed, the Skins aren't going to be interesting in January.

Which is why Rivera is such a breath of fresh air for me.  At first I thought we'd see a quick turnaround to respectability in the win column, but with the way hes approached free agency, I think its crystal clear the record in 2020 is secondary in his mind to fixing the intangibles around this dump.  And now with the plan unfolding, I find myself doing a slow nod and climbing on board for a longer ride than initially occurred to me.

This is okay.  Even if it fails in the end, I'm fine with trying to fix the foundation first.  Let's get back to basics around here.  No more nonsense, no more country club atmosphere...put your damn helmet on and get to work so we can coach your ass up.

They'll be FAs we like next year.  And the year after that.  And the year after that.  Let's just bring in culture guys and create competition, do our best to nail the draft, and see what we got come August. 

Took me a second, but I can dig it.

Nailed it!!! I've been echoing this sentiment since we lost out on Cooper. Realizing that even if we did land Cooper, the strategy would remain the same. At some point RR will add another WR and other offensive weapons to help his young developing QB. Actually, he's already begun doing that with patience. Well said 86 Snyder. I'm with ya!!!

Edited by NYSkins21

5 hours ago, Timberob said:

They will take BPA.

A lot of you are overthinking all of this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

They will take BPA.

A lot of you are overthinking all of this.

Pretty sure you’re right. Their actions and words support this.  

I’m very interested to see if they attempt to trade back though.  if they do, I don’t believe they will get the haul many on here would require to make up for losing out on Young.  Considering the amount of hate for the unsplashy FA process, I think a lot more would be turned off by a trade back.  Adding a lot of draftees would mesh well with their philosophy so far though, IMO - getting even younger, further upping depth/competition, and (hopefully) replacing a lot of these cheap, short term FAs... especially after a development year.  I could be way off base of course.  

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Nailed it!!! I've been echoing this sentiment since we lost out on Cooper. Realizing that even if we did land Cooper, the strategy would remain the same. At some point RR will add another WR and other offensive weapons to help his young developing QB. Actually, he's already begun doing that with patience. Well said 86 Snyder. I'm with ya!!!

Thanks man!  Was mildly rooting for Cooper and Hooper, probably for sheer excitement factor more than anything.  I think our interest there was more about figuring out Haskins.  End of the day though I think we'd get the Raider version if Amari came here so glad he didnt.  And Hooper isn't much more than a very reliable safety valve imo.  Not worth that kinda coin.

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby