Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Sean Davis isn’t good, I watched tons of Steelers games as my roommate is a Pitt fan. It’s nice to move on from Nicholson but Davis isn’t really an upgrade. As far as cornerbacks go we’ve lost Norman and Dunbar and added Fuller. That’s pretty much a wash to me, got some decent small RBs which is cool I guess. Then signed some random Tight ends, I don’t really know about those players so I’ll just leave that alone. The hybrid linebacker seems to be good and then Thomas Davis is 53 years old. No thanks. Eventually the Willams drama (which we all want over) will hopefully be some soon but that still means losing a huge part of our line. Flowers was good in his spot last year but we’ve lost him also. If we don’t sign another good CB we are going to be one of the worst secondary’s in the league. I just don’t see how we’ve gotten better this FA. Sorry for being negative 

Just now, max21 said:

Sean Davis isn’t good, I watched tons of Steelers games as my roommate is a Pitt fan. It’s nice to move on from Nicholson but Davis isn’t really an upgrade. As far as cornerbacks go we’ve lost Norman and Dunbar and added Fuller. That’s pretty much a wash to me, got some decent small RBs which is cool I guess. Then signed some random Tight ends, I don’t really know about those players so I’ll just leave that alone. The hybrid linebacker seems to be good and then Thomas Davis is 53 years old. No thanks. Eventually the Willams drama (which we all want over) will hopefully be some soon but that still means losing a huge part of our line. Flowers was good in his spot last year but we’ve lost him also. If we don’t sign another good CB we are going to be one of the worst secondary’s in the league. I just don’t see how we’ve gotten better this FA. Sorry for being negative 

Flowers didn't play his spot last year, Penn did. And he's out there. And he was.... "okay".

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trent didnt play last year. Not counting him as a loss. You said worse than 2019, so he, Reed, etc. don't count.

I didn’t mention Reed but losing Davis also sort of sucks. I hope they plan on drafting one in the early rounds, I think their is some decent TEs coming out this year but none are an obvious #1 which could help us. 

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

I didn’t mention Reed but losing Davis also sort of sucks. I hope they plan on drafting one in the early rounds, I think their is some decent TEs coming out this year but none are an obvious #1 which could help us. 

There are about 6-8 TEs in this class that could pan out as starters. Or at worst TE2s ...

Kmet and Trautman might be the "surest things" and there's a small chance one or both fall to 66

But Albert O, Hunter Bryant, Thaddeus Moss, Harrison Brytant, Jared Pinckney and Bryce Hopkins are projected in R4-5 and could all be long-term answers at TE. Just unlikely to impact in 2020 as most TEs fail to do in Year 1. But these are all the guys that are pegged or have been pegged as possible starting TEs long-term.

Then there's a big batch of guys with upside that are raw that could be TE2 ... Stephen Sullivan, Jacob Breeland, Colby Parkinson, Dalton Keane, Josiah Deguea, etc. and these guys are likely R5-6

----------------------------------

Probably my favorite LT solution would be ...

Trade Trent for a 3rd +

Sign LT Jason Peters as 1-2 year stopgap

Draft r-So Isaiah Wilson of Georgia with one of the 3rd rounders. Super talented, but raw and lacking experience. Pairing him with Peters could be a perfect long and short term solution to LT.

And come 2021 draft if there's a legit LT staring you in the face in R1 then you take that guy to be your LT long term and slide Wilson over to RT to replace Moses.

15 hours ago, carex said:

there really aren't that many quality free agent TE from what I understand?  That's why we were after Greg Olsen before free agency officially started

True, but not landing Hooper just killed my hopes that the Redskins would be aggressive in FA. Oh well. Many holes, few draft picks. It was never going to be a one year fix anyway.

3 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

True, but not landing Hooper just killed my hopes that the Redskins would be aggressive in FA. Oh well. Many holes, few draft picks. It was never going to be a one year fix anyway.

Forget which thread I addressed this in, but we could end up with plenty of draft-capital on draft day. Our current selection of picks will not be what we end up with.

Scenario 1: Trade Trent and Trade down in 3rd

- Trent to Jets for 3.4

- Trade 3.4 for a mid 3rd and a mid 4th

- Trade mid-3rd for two late 3rds

- End up with 1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 7, 7

Scenario 2: Trade Trent and Trade down from 2

- Trent to Jets for 3.4

- Trade down from 1.2 --- get 1.5, 1.18. 2.39 and a 5th from Miami (plus a future pick)

- End up with 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7

There is very little chance we end up leaving the draft with 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 7, 7

12 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Savvy as in making Hooper the highest TE in the NFL? Getting used by Copper? Not spending valuable cap space on mid tier players just because we have it? Getting a 4th instead of 5th for an oft-injured DB? Not securing a cheap capable QB that will offer a great deal of value in the QB room with young Haskins and his development?

Let this play out. We have the draft coming up. We'll have a lot of cash to play with next year while the crop of FA will be more fruitful.

giphy.gif

I hear ya, but I am starting to get nervous that the team will be as reserved at the draft as they are in FA. Now, I'm hoping they will be able to make some trades to gather more picks (not necessarily #2 overall, but maybe their 3rd rounder for more picks in the 4th and 5th rounds)

I haven’t been this torn about a FA period in a long time. Usually we come out with some nice names added and I get a beautiful sense of that offseason false optimism... and then wed go on to have a less than stellar season. So maybe now that I’m not getting that sense it means we’ll be awesome? I’m no scientist but that Reasoning definitely checks out.

in all seriousness, on paper, we went from average to average across the board. Maybe a slight upgrade at ILB and TE, maybe? I think our secondary got worse; Davis is absolute garbage. I do however appreciate the addition by subtraction of Dunbar and Norman, malcontents and underperformers can see the door. 

at this point I don’t really see anyone out there on my wish list so I’ll assume the reports are accurate and were essentially done. I’d like Logan but i don’t see it happening. The only thing left is LT... get TW the **** out of here and bring penn back, if nothing else. 

40 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yikes at these unit grades for us...

On the bright side, at least we’re not JAX! I can’t say I’m surprised, on paper it seems pretty accurate.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Forget which thread I addressed this in, but we could end up with plenty of draft-capital on draft day. Our current selection of picks will not be what we end up with.

Scenario 1: Trade Trent and Trade down in 3rd

- Trent to Jets for 3.4

- Trade 3.4 for a mid 3rd and a mid 4th

- Trade mid-3rd for two late 3rds

- End up with 1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 7, 7

Scenario 2: Trade Trent and Trade down from 2

- Trent to Jets for 3.4

- Trade down from 1.2 --- get 1.5, 1.18. 2.39 and a 5th from Miami (plus a future pick)

- End up with 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7

There is very little chance we end up leaving the draft with 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 7, 7

I hope so. I think I'll take Chase Young and scenario 1.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Just wanted to observe that Kyle Allen was worth a 5th rounder, but Cam Newton had no trade value at all. The NFL can be a strange place.

Thats salary. Though I dont think anyone but us would see Allen worth that high as its really likely due to him knowing the system.

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Thats salary. Though I dont think anyone but us would see Allen worth that high as its really likely due to him knowing the system.

The other thing is guys aren't getting the playbook or not supposed to until the OTA's and it's looking like a compressed offseason so I can understand the want to have familiarity with the scheme.

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yup. It's also age and injury. Not to mention it happens every year. Still, I found it interesting.

For us, as strange as it seems, a good back up was more valuable than a viable starter.

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Kyle Allen I believe has:

2020: $675k

2021: $875k

2022: $975k

Cam Newton would probably command $18-25 million per year, and a 2020 hit (had we traded for him) of $17m. That's the difference in demand.

Archived