Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I didn’t know much about Sean Davis. So i did some research and turns out we played middle school baseball together lol. That’s so random. Didn’t know him well because I think he was home schooled but that’s crazy. Small world 

Well give us the scouting report on him. Hopefully our new FS was a great Center Fielder as opposing to being Left Out

The idea that the Cards would move Kirk just because they dealt for Hopkins seems like made up Madden-level analysis. They want even more WRs to keep spreading it out around Murray. Fitzgerald is on his way out and a tertiary option now, Hopkins and Kirk are the main two for now, and Isabella has proven nothing at all. They'd be crazy to deal Kirk unless they still want to go WR in the 1st as well. 

Wow. Just read that RR article about Rivera’s 2-7 round draft picks with the Panthers. I was incredibly disappointed, even when compared to the Skins over that time. Almost all of their second round picks over the duration were backups or below average starters. 

Leaves me praying that it had more to do with the GM’s AND that Kyle Smith has a lot of say in who we pick. They can’t all be Terry McLaurin’s but we’ve gotta get some solid hits on days 2 and 3 if we are gonna turn this thing around. Also hated how in some drafts they just took a ton of players at the same position because it was a need. I think we can all agree That’s not the right way to go. 

1 hour ago, moondog said:

Wow. Just read that RR article about Rivera’s 2-7 round draft picks with the Panthers. I was incredibly disappointed, even when compared to the Skins over that time. Almost all of their second round picks over the duration were backups or below average starters. 

Leaves me praying that it had more to do with the GM’s AND that Kyle Smith has a lot of say in who we pick. They can’t all be Terry McLaurin’s but we’ve gotta get some solid hits on days 2 and 3 if we are gonna turn this thing around. Also hated how in some drafts they just took a ton of players at the same position because it was a need. I think we can all agree That’s not the right way to go. 

Well, the good news is that RR recently stated that he will rely heavily on the scouting department in the draft. That tells me that Kyle Smith is gonna make the suggested pick while RR tells Smith what areas of need he wants to fill? 

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Well, the good news is that RR recently stated that he will rely heavily on the scouting department in the draft. That tells me that Kyle Smith is gonna make the suggested pick while RR tells Smith what areas of need he wants to fill? 

Just realized I should have put this in draft thread. Apologies. But thank you, that is extremely encouraging because I think the scouting department has absolutely nailed several drafts in a row. It also seems like we have really hit on a lot of late rounders and undrafted guys. 

Lee hasn't been super productive due to injuries but when healthy and after some development he's actually flashed over the years. He's the type of YAC guy that might have a higher ceiling than he's shown if the injuries haven't sapped the explosiveness he did have. He was obviously overhyped the year before he declared, he was never that guy as a prospect. But he's intriguing for a low salary to compete in camp, imo. 

20 minutes ago, redrobert said:

I think for us it was Cooper or no one. Don’t see Lee coming in, gonna draft a guy.

I think we draft someone better as well. At least I hope so. But we have almost nothing behind the 3 rookies from last year. Right now one single injury leaves us with garbage out wide unless Cam Sims develops. I doubt he makes the roster. I don't want to see Quinn on the field again. 

Lee isn't special or anything and we could use someone we know would be available to play. But we haven't shown interest in the current FA crop after Cooper so a new name joining the FA pool adds another option we haven't had the chance to ignore yet lol.

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I think Lee would be an absolute gem of a fit here. One year "make it or break it" deal while we see the further development of Harmon, Sims and Terry.

I don't disagree but don't sleep on the guy we just signed from the NYG, Cody Latimer, I think he has a chance to be a great compliment to T-Mac. 

Archived