Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

20 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

If only TB would release OJ Howard. If only Cleveland would release David Njoku. If only Minnesota would release Kyle Rudolph.  Any other possible TE cuts that would interest us?

Maybe we're not so bad off at TE as many of us think we are? The comments yesterday from management made it seem like they really like Thomas and Hentges didn't play badly last year. Thad Moss has tons of talent and then there's Sprinkle. We don't have household names but that doesn't mean we don't have decent options. Maybe one or two of these guys show us they can play and be solid contributors? 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why would the Bucs give Howard away for a 2021 6th? Not gonna happen. 

If we have TC, Howard and Njoku may be casualties of the depth at TE for the respective teams. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either go for a 5th or later during TC.

I really like the Thaddeus Moss signing for a number of reasons. First, had he not been injured, he would have gone in somewhere around the 5th round. It looks like he'll be recovered from surgery in time for training camp. Second, he's a fabulous blocker. It's also worth noting that he was often positioned next to Saahdiq Charles on the line, so their chemistry is probably well developed. Finally, he has upside as a receiver. I now think we should sit tight at TE and see what happens.

CB is a different story. I was upset that we didn't take a corner with our last pick in the draft. We haven't signed a UDFA CB (yet). I expect we will, but I'm wondering if it's time to use our ample cap space to sign a decent corner on 1 year prove it deal. There are a number of decent CBs available: Logan Ryan, Daryl Worley, and Ross ****rell come to mind immediately. Ryan is holding out for more money, but that may change. Worley and ****rell have both played for Rivera. Unless Rivera and Del Rio have ample confidence in Strohman and Johnson, we ought to think about that depth.

Does anyone else feel uneasy about our CB Depth? Should we try to sign one of these free agents?

21 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

CB is a different story. I was upset that we didn't take a corner with our last pick in the draft. We haven't signed a UDFA CB (yet). I expect we will, but I'm wondering if it's time to use our ample cap space to sign a decent corner on 1 year prove it deal. There are a number of decent CBs available: Logan Ryan, Daryl Worley, and Ross ****rell come to mind immediately. Ryan is holding out for more money, but that may change. Worley and ****rell have both played for Rivera. Unless Rivera and Del Rio have ample confidence in Strohman and Johnson, we ought to think about that depth.

Does anyone else feel uneasy about our CB Depth? Should we try to sign one of these free agents?

I assume if we wanted to sign those guys they would already be here.

Just listening to Rivera, I think he's really high on Darby.

@CapsSkins 

All posturing, my friend. No one wants to give up more than they have to. These things unfold in their own time. Things go slow, then very quick!

Based on your quote above, what made you think Trent would get a 1st or 2nd round pick? I assume Bruce had the same thinking so I'm interested to hear why people think Trent could net such a high pick despite all signs pointing differently.

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

Rivera has said he’s not extending anyone in their last year until the coaching staff have seen them play and can evaluate how and if they fit long term. Given Kerrigan age and our strength at that position I will be surprised if he is extended. Perhaps during the season if he’s playing well it might happen, but I’m thinking unless he will agree to a significant pay cut this will be his last year as a Redskin.

apparently we met with Kerrigans agent at the combine. No news since. Thing is, they know what they are getting with him. So if this is his last year, there simply is no reason to pay him 11m+ on a one year deal. 

restructure, ie pay cut, extend on reduced money per year, or cut.....but don’t wait.

oh and Scherff. Last year and all that. 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

If we have TC, Howard and Njoku may be casualties of the depth at TE for the respective teams. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either go for a 5th or later during TC.

I agree. One of those is there for cheap pickings.

2 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Me. You seen how the NFC East has just stacked up. **** me. We need some DB quality.

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

I think someone said in another thread that Peters and TW have the same agent, so that's a no go there.  Logan Ryan is the only one they target IMO but he may be asking for a lot of $$$$

Ironically, Geron Christian also shares their agent.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

apparently we met with Kerrigans agent at the combine. No news since. Thing is, they know what they are getting with him. So if this is his last year, there simply is no reason to pay him 11m+ on a one year deal. 

restructure, ie pay cut, extend on reduced money per year, or cut.....but don’t wait.

Me. You seen how the NFC East has just stacked up. **** me. We need some DB quality.

I think there is zero chance that Kerrigan gets cut.  Kerrigan is still a highly productive pass rusher and generally speaking a high character guy.  I am certain there is a trade market for Kerrigan, even if it's not as strong as some would like.  So it makes no sense to outright cut him.   I think he is likely extended.  The reports right after the season ended were that he wants to finish his career with the Skins and is willing to take a pay cut to stick (exactly what Rivera wants, players who are all-in).  I don't know how much of a pay cut he is willing to take or how much guaranteed money he will be looking for in an extension and those may be the biggest factor in whether the Skins extend him or not.  But there is no way he gets cut.  

As for the DBs I agree we should at a minimum pick up at least one more corner.

19 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm very uneasy about our entire CB unit.  

Put me down as not that uneasy. You are rolling out Darby, Moreau and Fuller as your 3 starters. Moreland, Stroman and Johnson backing them up. All 3 of those players got meaningful playing time in 2020. I am more uneasy about CB long-term.

I wonder if we are interested in trading for Desmond King, since he seems to be available from the Chargers. We could extend him to a big deal and have him be our CB1 going forward. I have him as one of our top targets next off-season with our ridiculous amount of cap.

32 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I wonder if we are interested in trading for Desmond King, since he seems to be available from the Chargers. We could extend him to a big deal and have him be our CB1 going forward. I have him as one of our top targets next off-season with our ridiculous amount of cap.

I haven’t seen any rumors of King being on the block. Just a bunch of twitterers throwing it out there.

20 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm very uneasy about our entire CB unit.  

i wouldn’t quite go that far, but I would hate to see us waste a strong front 7 with average DB play. For me we are one top CB light. Maybe even one more on depth.

I would pay Ryan 10mil p/y. 

As depth I will continue to put Daryl Worley out there. Been on him for months. Links with both RR and JDR. Dual cover at CB/S. Still mid-20s. Low cost. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

i wouldn’t quite go that far, but I would hate to see us waste a strong front 7 with average DB play. For me we are one top CB light. Maybe even one more on depth.

As depth I will continue to put Daryl Worley out there. Been on him for months. Links with both RR and JDR. Dual cover at CB/S. Still mid-20s. Low cost. 

I would look into Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard too. At least as depth.

I would also look into Kelvin Beachum and Eric Reid. Potential starters and at worst quality depth and veteran leadership.

7 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I would look into Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard too. At least as depth.

I would also look into Kelvin Beachum and Eric Reid. Potential starters and at worst quality depth and veteran leadership.

yeah pretty much. Get me a tackle and DB in and I’ll feel like we’ve rounded the roster out into decent shape.

I would imagine some post draft cuts will start to filter out real soon. 

Might go back full circle with the Vikings who may cut a Reiff. He’s was clearly on the way out if we’d closed out the Trent deal with them.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think all we need is average play from our secondary to complement the front 7.

Problem is, like last year's OL, we need every single starter to bounce back. Every. Single One. Moreau had a down year, Darby had a down year, Fuller had a down year, Sean Davis never had an up year and Collins had a down year. We need resurgences from ALL of them. That's a lot to ask. 

57 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Problem is, like last year's OL, we need every single starter to bounce back. Every. Single One. Moreau had a down year, Darby had a down year, Fuller had a down year, Sean Davis never had an up year and Collins had a down year. We need resurgences from ALL of them. That's a lot to ask. 

AS for Morneau and Collins--they were misused by a tongue-chewing babbling idiot of a defensive coordinator and all his merry morons. Fuller had an injury, as I recall. Davis is a stop-gap. I predicted Collins would underwhelm here b/c our coaches were morons, and Allen just felt like Collins would work out, without any real thought or plan behind it. I fully expect JDR to maximize our talent. If they struggle next year, adios.

Archived